Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1968003 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6090 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 13:59:17 »

Bolton still have not transferred the fee over allowing them to sign Evatt!

Announcement delayed until they have funding in place!

Understandably with Boltons financial history.

Interesting that they are not allowed to pay a fee for a player, but can pay a fee for a manager!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #6091 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:14:32 »

Interesting that they are not allowed to pay a fee for a player, but can pay a fee for a manager!
Yes, that could be the legal problem behind it all. Funding from AN Other source, or temporarily employed by a different company such as a holding company rather than the club itself maybe?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6092 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:30:19 »

Yes, that could be the legal problem behind it all. Funding from AN Other source, or temporarily employed by a different company such as a holding company rather than the club itself maybe?

God only knows the longer this drags on I wonder whether Evatts is concluding its not the best idea if they cannot even cobble together the compensation.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6093 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 18:18:15 »

Looks like Bolton's issue here is similar to the one they had when signing FGR hitman Doidge. They haven't got a pot to piss and are on the blag again. It's been announced now but if I were Ian Evatt, I'd be feeling a little concerned about funds.

I don't know if this happens often but seems like to allow the deal to go through, Barrow inserted a clause to stop Bolton from poaching any of their players (likely Evatt had plans to bring one or three contracted players with him).

'As part of the deal, Wanderers will not be able to approach any Barrow players under contract for two years.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53255318

Is that Bolton's way of paying for Evatt, I wonder?  Hmmm

RE: Barrow. Mirror Tails comments. All Barrow will be realistically looking to do is stay up. Flitters (sic), Hill or any other L2 type manager (even PB) would keep them up and that would be cracking. Anything above that will be a great success. Plus beating Salford would be quite funny too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6094 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 08:07:16 »

I don't know if this happens often but seems like to allow the deal to go through, Barrow inserted a clause to stop Bolton from poaching any of their players (likely Evatt had plans to bring one or three contracted players with him).

He couldn't anyway as they cannot pay a fee for a player until May 2021 at least due to an embargo they are under. All Barrows best assets (not sure if this includes Brad Barry) are under contract so unless Barrow would let them go for no fee Bolton couldn't sign them.

Add into the equation that Bolton, who seem very skint! have to get through the summer yet.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6095 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:15:16 »

David Dunn now getting tipped quite heavily for Barra.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6096 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:39:10 »

David Dunn now getting tipped quite heavily for Barra.
Wow thats left field as they say.

Did awful at Oldham in his only job and had a couple of games as caretaker at Blackpoo.

Still only coaching with them and not shown much interest in managing again otherwise.

I heard that another weird one linked heavily was Kevin Nicholson the ex Bangor manager who runs a company upgrading facilities at academies. Did well at Bangor with a 50% win ratio in 24 games finishing 2nd and qualifying for Europe but left after the club failed to get a Uefa tier 1 licence. Was head coach at Cardiff before that, has Gary Taylor-Fletcher the ex Blackpoo striker as his assistant.

Sol Camblell also linked!

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6097 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:49:14 »

Wow thats left field as they say.

Did awful at Oldham in his only job and had a couple of games as caretaker at Blackpoo.

Still only coaching with them and not shown much interest in managing again otherwise.

I heard that another weird one linked heavily was Kevin Nicholson the ex Bangor manager who runs a company upgrading facilities at academies. Did well at Bangor with a 50% win ratio in 24 games finishing 2nd and qualifying for Europe but left after the club failed to get a Uefa tier 1 licence. Was head coach at Cardiff before that, has Gary Taylor-Fletcher the ex Blackpoo striker as his assistant.

Sol Camblell also linked!

Also quite a lot of talk about the Toxteth Prowler.

The board know who they want and I believe an offer has been made.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6098 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:50:04 »

Also quite a lot of talk about the Toxteth Prowler.
How is the cocaine supply in Barrow?.....

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6099 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 10:30:17 »

How is the cocaine supply in Barrow?.....

Booming if the local rag is to be believed, seems to be the recipient of much County Lines activity.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6100 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 10:36:33 »

Booming if the local rag is to be believed, seems to be the recipient of much County Lines activity.
I expect hes only being linked as hes from the Nort West and he was sacked 3 days ago by Brisbane.

Barrow fans seem obsessed with the new manager being from the North West for some reason.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6101 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 10:38:49 »

I expect hes only being linked as hes from the Nort West and he was sacked 3 days ago by Brisbane.

Barrow fans seem obsessed with the new manager being from the North West for some reason.
As horlock's said, it's the arse end of nowhere so a pain in the arse to get to if you're not already based in the NW. Even then it's a schlep from, say, Liverpool or Manchester. So may be not so much obsessed as realistic about who's likely to be prepared to go there. I'd imagine, say, Truro fans would be much the same if they ever got in the League.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6102 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 10:44:12 »

As horlock's said, it's the arse end of nowhere so a pain in the arse to get to if you're not already based in the NW. Even then it's a schlep from, say, Liverpool or Manchester. So may be not so much obsessed as realistic about who's likely to be prepared to go there. I'd imagine, say, Truro fans would be much the same if they ever got in the League.

Barrow is 50 odd mins off the M6 with only one road in which is not even dual carriageway all the way and is regularly closed by accidents, with a fairly shite train service. To give some perspective;

Liverpool - Barrow 2 hours plus
Manchester to Barrow c. 2 hours
Preston to Barrow 1.5 hrs

The problem with getting any manager there is its inherent remoteness, probably best bet is getting a manager who wishes to move his family to the Lake District.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6103 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 10:47:00 »

Oh we holidayed not that far from Barrow last August and yes it is a long way from anything but Plymouth is a long way and they do still attract "some" quality players/managers and don't seem to hung up on having someone who is "local".

Local jobs for local people.

I am sure if the backing is there for a league season then any manager would see that and although remote distance may be a problem for some it will certainly not be a problem for all by an means.

They should cast their net further afeild, which I am sure the owners will be doing rather than just linking ex players/managers of teams further away than Carlisle, Morecambe, Blackpool and Fylde.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6104 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 10:50:00 »

Oh we holidayed not that far from Barrow last August and yes it is a long way from anything but Plymouth is a long way and they do still attract "some" quality players/managers and don't seem to hung up on having someone who is "local".

Local jobs for local people.
New Barrow manager unveiled, posing with his WAG in front of the local shop:
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: