Pages: 1 ... 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1980646 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6015 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 16:57:55 »

I do try not to be so chirlish, but that does make me giggle.
That will upset one poster who often says about how good "Flitters" was with Town. Looks like Flipflop has been found out yet again as being shite.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6016 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 20:26:59 »

And immediately Wellens is favourite for the job.  To go down a league to a club that makes us look stable.

Never knowingly overstated.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6017 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 20:54:28 »

Bolton fans saying they are massive and he would find it hard to turn down, and if they wanted him they would get him.

Massive in 1920 maybe.

One even said the size of the club is massive and is a pull to potential managers - aye, thats why you have just ended up with Keith Hill and David fucking Flitcroft ffs
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6018 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 02:18:14 »

Apart from they’re still skint, still under a transfer embargo and would have to pay massive compo

This might persuade him, though

‘Whoever the manager this is an uphill task now. Really tough. Embargoed. Hardly anyone still in contract. Our income advantage over many in L2 (the gate receipts) nullified. A higher cost base to support - owners whose plan has been ripped apart by the income losses that will be ongoing into next season.

Frankly the club still existing in 12 months time will be a miracle.

Taking good decisions will be paramount but lets not pretend that right now we're even 1% equipped for an assault on league 2 because we are not. Our recovery from here will be gradual, slow and probably painful. This is a situation nobody saw coming - and it is having a lot of as yet unseen repercussions. I'd settle for being an existing (not in admin) league club this time next year - that would be a success.’
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 02:28:57 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6019 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 07:51:53 »

He turned down Blackpool, a club he used to play for who were in a higher division and not an absolute basket case. Why the fuck would he go to Bolton

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6020 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 08:42:05 »

Never say never.

If there is any substance at all in the court case that could destabilize what he has going on at the club then he may well consider it, and that is even with their geographical closeness to his family home.

If we carry on exactly as we are now then there is no way on earth he would even consider the job at such a basket case of a club, even Jesus couldn't turn shit into wine.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #6021 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 08:51:20 »

1 other point to take into account.....

Wellens recently signed a new contract, there is no way at all that Bolton will pay a compensation fee for a manager in work, they don't have 10p to spend on new players let alone staff.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6022 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 09:30:04 »

Geography is the only reason he would consider it, however it if continues his upwards progress with us for another season or so he must know that better offers will emerge from the North West
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6023 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 09:32:51 »

Gary Bowyer favourite for the job at 7/2 according to Sky Bet. (Their fans must be excited).

RW mid table at 20's.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6024 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 09:33:53 »

Gary Bowyer favourite for the job at 7/2 according to Sky Bet. (Their fans must be excited).

RW mid table at 20's.

Wellens went up to 3/1 on Skybet at one point yesterday, I would guess one large sum was bet on him just before that.

Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #6025 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 09:53:22 »

Wellens went up to 3/1 on Skybet at one point yesterday, I would guess one large sum was bet on him just before that.
Did Bowyer leave Bradford as I can't see Bolton paying compensation to anyone? Yes I'm sure their fans are excited about that!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6026 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 09:59:49 »

A year at Bolton and he risks undoing everything he’s done to build his own reputation. It’s a non starter. The only type of manager that would consider Bolton is someone out of work, who’s desperate for a way back.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6027 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 10:00:40 »

Did Bowyer leave Bradford as I can't see Bolton paying compensation to anyone? Yes I'm sure their fans are excited about that!

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/former-blackpool-boss-gary-bowyer-sacked-league-two-side-bradford-city-1383590#gsc.tab=0

Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #6028 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 10:31:40 »

Thanks, sounds ideal for Bolton!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6029 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 10:49:30 »

Leaving aside the fact that it would be a local gig, if they are wholly up a creek without a paddle, it could be almost the ultimate 'project'.  If you could restore the club to its former 'glory' it would probably be regarded as a better yardstick of managerial ability than doing quite well at a club that has bounced between the bottom 2 divisions for getting on 20 years.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: