Pages: 1 ... 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967931 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5625 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 12:16:24 »

Many of them on their forum saying its a backward step! really? wow they have an over inflated ego.
Got a link mate? I  can't find any decent forums for them. I like to have a nose occasionally as well to see what other clubs' fans are thinking...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5626 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 12:22:41 »

Got a link mate? I  can't find any decent forums for them. I like to have a nose occasionally as well to see what other clubs' fans are thinking...
Here ya go mate.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/forums/100-imps.70/

In the Huddersfield Town thread mostly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5627 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 12:31:08 »

Looks like they’d be after Flynn from Newport to replace Cowley.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5628 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 12:41:37 »

Looks like they’d be after Flynn from Newport to replace Cowley.
That could work in our favour.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #5629 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 15:09:35 »

I see the Cowleys have been confirmed at 'Udders, I wonder how long it will be before a club higher in the food chain comes after Wellens if our run continues.

I would like to think he would stay and complete the season even if they do come in, although money talks and on the 'Udders forum they recon that Cowley has been given a 6x pay rise to £1.5m a year.

If thats true them fair fucks for grabbing the money while the going is good, before you get found out like Nathan Jones has at Stoke..

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5630 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 15:16:56 »

Don’t think for a moment he’d go before the season is out - to anyone. Get us up and make an impression in L1 and his stock keeps on rising.

Get the revamped CG started - along with the Unicorn (sorry, training ground) - and a decent sized club on the up is still a good gig.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5631 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 15:18:30 »

I see the Cowleys have been confirmed at 'Udders, I wonder how long it will be before a club higher in the food chain comes after Wellens if our run continues.

I would like to think he would stay and complete the season even if they do come in, although money talks and on the 'Udders forum they recon that Cowley has been given a 6x pay rise to £1.5m a year.

If thats true them fair fucks for grabbing the money while the going is good, before you get found out like Nathan Jones has at Stoke..
Not long is my guess, such is the lot of the lower league fan. You have to put up with years of shitness and then as soon as you get any good, every mother f***** wants your manager and your players. Hopefully we'll have him until at least the end of the season but I expect Power's already got one or two names in the back of his mind to replace him.

I know it sounds like I've got my finger stuck on the 30x ffwd button on my Sky box but that's how football is now...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5632 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 15:24:06 »

Not long is my guess, such is the lot of the lower league fan. You have to put up with years of shitness and then as soon as you get any good, every mother f***** wants your manager and your players. Hopefully we'll have him until at least the end of the season but I expect Power's already got one or two names in the back of his mind to replace him.

I know it sounds like I've got my finger stuck on the 30x ffwd button on my Sky box but that's how football is now...

We are as most of the four division pyramid teams, feeder clubs for the top few, not the many 😁
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5633 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 15:32:24 »

We are as most of the four division pyramid teams, feeder clubs for the top few, not the many 😁
That's true - in this particular context, pretty much everyone outside of Liverpool and Man City are 'lower league'  Hmmm
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5634 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 16:03:11 »

Just out of interest why do you think the Cowley's will fail?

IMO they are clearly onto something, done a great job at Braintree and Lincoln and while the style isn’t easy on the eye it’s certainly effective.

I think success is a pretty low bar this season for Huddersfield. They are clearly in need of a rebuild and while we don’t know if the Cowley’s style will work long term in the Championship, I imagine they will be able to start digging out enough wins to avoid back to back relegations. I guess that would be classed as success for this season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5635 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 16:08:29 »

Just out of interest why do you think the Cowley's will fail?

IMO they are clearly onto something, done a great job at Braintree and Lincoln and while the style isn’t easy on the eye it’s certainly effective.

I think success is a pretty low bar this season for Huddersfield. They are clearly in need of a rebuild and while we don’t know if the Cowley’s style will work long term in the Championship, I imagine they will be able to start digging out enough wins to avoid back to back relegations. I guess that would be classed as success for this season.
Equally, everyone seems to be assuming they only have one way of playing. It may well be that they have played that way at Lincoln because they thought that was best suited to the division they were in and the players available to them. In a different division, with different players, they may play a different way.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5636 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 16:09:10 »

They may succeed, but I think they are less likely to if they retain their approach.  Playing the way they do and getting players to buy into that is possible lower down where money is smaller fry.  Once they get into the Championship they are dealing with more egos, players on a decent wedge, players who probably think they deserve to be plying their trade in the top league etc.  Getting them to lump it forward is much tougher.  It wouldn't take many wobbles for a few players to suggest the dressing room has been lost if they are not allowed to play lovely triangles and show off their talents.

Just look at how fans and clubs turn on Managers like Pulis.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5637 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 16:09:58 »

I think they will fail because they have not adapted to promotion in the way that they will have to at Huddersfield.

The Huddersfield fans will not take kindly to that style even if it gets results, also they will be working with far superior quality players who will not want to play that style either.

At Lincoln they had a lot of players on board with their ideas, they were willing to run into the ground for them as they themselves were rejects from other clubs mostly.

It will be at least the transfer window before they can get the players in to play their way as with them its play the Cowley way or the highway as they did when they took over at Lincoln.

They have (so far) bought players to play a system and not played a system to suit the players which will be a new concept to them up there.

Just my own gut feeling but I think they will not succeed, certainly if they don't themselves adapt and the style of play too.

Panda Paws

« Reply #5638 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 16:22:13 »

I don't like the Cowley's but one thing to note - the style argument falls down a bit these days as they've completely moved away from the direct, shithousing of old. Look at their recruitment in the summer - Jorge Grant, Walker, Connolly...
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #5639 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 16:31:59 »

I don't like the Cowley's but one thing to note - the style argument falls down a bit these days as they've completely moved away from the direct, shithousing of old. Look at their recruitment in the summer - Jorge Grant, Walker, Connolly...
Gareth Ainsworth was complimentary about their style this season when he was on the EFL show Saturday night
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: