Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967721 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #5520 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 07:39:35 »

Well it would be terrible for our season if it derails one of the most organised pre seasons we have had in a long time.

He hasn't achieved anything in the game to be poached by another club outside of sentimental attachments.

Doncaster will want someone who has a track record to get them out of that league and when the likes of Moore are available for free i struggle to see they would pay us for Wellens.

Fingers crossed Donny appoint someone quickly and not Wellens!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5521 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 07:50:41 »

Let us assume that DR make a confirmed and official approach. Power turns it down. RW has a decision to make. Stay put and make a fist of it or decide he’d like to manage in a higher league. It the former no problem, if the latter I can only assume with Power saying no, that his only option is to resign? That being the case what would we stand to gain from DR if anything?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5522 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 08:38:05 »

If Donny are serious Wellens will go.  Quite handy for Power, gets some compo, and can probably promote Noel Hunt, who he seems to like.... Matty Taylor could come into the equation somewhere.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5523 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 08:45:10 »

He’s way down the list of who the fans want - plus they can’t even spell his name correctly.

There are far better qualified managers available with experience - Adkins seems to be the fans’ front runner.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5524 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 08:48:57 »

If Donny are serious Wellens will go.  Quite handy for Power, gets some compo, and can probably promote Noel Hunt, who he seems to like.... Matty Taylor could come into the equation somewhere.
Power had the option to do that after he sacked Brown - plus he had to pay him off and not receive any compo.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5525 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 08:52:33 »

You'd think they'd rather get the appointment sorted quickly, the free agent market would facilitate that easier than pursuing an employed manager, pre-season starts on Monday afterall.

If Wellens wants to manage Donny he's got plenty of time to do so in the future.

Don't see it this time around.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5526 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 10:04:53 »

You'd think they'd rather get the appointment sorted quickly, the free agent market would facilitate that easier than pursuing an employed manager, pre-season starts on Monday afterall.

If Wellens wants to manage Donny he's got plenty of time to do so in the future.

Don't see it this time around.
Quite so. Additionally, this must be his first chance as a manager to have assessed a group of players over a period of time and then have a full pre-season to mould the squad into his image as it were. And in fairness, he seems to be getting pretty good support from Power as well.

And in any case as has been pointed out, he's done nothing as a Manager as yet so that's another reason for Doncaster not to persue it - Makes no sense to either side - this time at least.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5527 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 10:43:08 »

And I understand the ex-player thing, but he'll be a professional first & foremost.  You don't make career decisions based solely on sentiment.  And while Donny do play in a higher league, it's a league we have a decent shout at getting back in to soon.  And their crowds last season were less than 2,000 higher than ours on average.  Not much of a step up in the scheme of things.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5528 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 11:03:15 »

And I understand the ex-player thing, but he'll be a professional first & foremost.  You don't make career decisions based solely on sentiment.  And while Donny do play in a higher league, it's a league we have a decent shout at getting back in to soon.  And their crowds last season were less than 2,000 higher than ours on average.  Not much of a step up in the scheme of things.

Don't overlook what Wellens had to say about the state of our club..... Donny from being a completre basket case, have been seemingly well run for some years now. It might not be much of a step up, but it still is a step up.  If Donny are serious he'll go.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5529 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 11:11:19 »

Nigel Adkins favourite for the Donny job in most places and with the Donny fans, very few want Wellens in their forum poll, a straight swap Hull and Donny.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #5530 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 11:14:09 »

If Donny are serious he'll go.

The certainty of youth.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #5531 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 12:17:54 »

Don't overlook what Wellens had to say about the state of our club..... Donny from being a completre basket case, have been seemingly well run for some years now. It might not be much of a step up, but it still is a step up.  If Donny are serious he'll go.
You'd love it wouldn't you?
scillyred

« Reply #5532 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 12:54:45 »

Zzz Zzz Zzz
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5533 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 13:03:41 »

From the Donny forum.

Wellens has done nothing above average so far. Meh, ok at Oldham, Meh ok at Swindon. There are dozens of managers out there with better credentials than him (and probably temperament).

Got a feeling they’ll go for Flitcroft

There's a few on that list that don't stand a chance.
-
Wellens
McCall
Cowley
Campbell

Richie Wellens not interested
Darren Moore yes
Michael Appleton possible
David Flitcroft no chance

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5534 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 13:10:00 »

You'd love it wouldn't you?

I'm indifferent... I see how football works. Gaffer x gets a better offer from a club a bit further up the food chain so he goes. I know it's controversial, but I'm sticking with the observation.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: