Pages: 1 ... 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967466 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5160 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 15:44:58 »

Do we know how much he has actually put in, it must be millions and we ain't sold that much?

Very little, after the initial money to satisfy the FL, that Jed didn't have.  That was swftly paid back.  Power has been up front that his aim is to make money, and I'm sure as long as he manages to do that he'll stick around.

We get a sustainable FL club for now.... although if you recall back to Wray, he did say we needed to get to te Championship as they were plotting to pull up the drawbridge, a spectre which the latest Leeds owner has raised today.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5161 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 16:13:44 »

You do know that's not possible, don't you?

On the other hand, if Killer Karl went on to play a part in relegating Franchise, the Pox and Shitty, then he would certainly merit a statue outside a redeveloped County Ground.

Why wouldn't it be possible? If we got compensation for PB, we in theory could approach KR or if tapped up *ahem* he could "resign" form Oxford. It's not likely to happen but it's not impossible:)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5162 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 16:49:37 »

Why the fuck would you want Robinson? He’s shit manager
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5163 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 18:29:21 »

Very little, after the initial money to satisfy the FL, that Jed didn't have.  That was swftly paid back.  Power has been up front that his aim is to make money, and I'm sure as long as he manages to do that he'll stick around.

We get a sustainable FL club for now.... although if you recall back to Wray, he did say we needed to get to te Championship as they were plotting to pull up the drawbridge, a spectre which the latest Leeds owner has raised today.

Power, or a backer, put in several million in the first year or so, before any transfer fees came through to provide some balance.  On the limited accounts available to the public you can draw some conclusions.  One of those is that he certainly hasn't been a success at making money directly from Swindon Town - at best he's probably break even, more likely is he earned some of it back and the rest is in loans to the clubs so could earn the rest if he sells.  There is obviously a good chance he makes some money on the Highworth property.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5164 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 18:41:28 »

Why the fuck would you want Robinson? He’s shit manager

Why the fuck would you want an opinion? It's valueless  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #5165 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 21:16:50 »

Flash, as a board member of the trust can I ask why we dont inspire you? Constructive feedback always welcome? Your welcome to get involved if you feel you can support and add something to the Trust?

You're all doing a cracking job as far as I'm concerned. Keep up the good work. It's too easy to criticise, especially without being able to offer an alternative.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Flashheart

« Reply #5166 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 21:46:26 »

You're all doing a cracking job as far as I'm concerned. Keep up the good work. It's too easy to criticise, especially without being able to offer an alternative.

Yes, it is very fucking easy to criticise. That's how opinions work. To suggest people shouldn't voice their opinions unless they have an alternative or whatever is utter bollocks. It's akin to a burden of proof fallacy. It's up to the one trying to convince to do the convincing, the other party does not have an obligation to do a thing. It's a fucking cop-out. Behave.

Besides, I only said that I wasn't inspired. Is that OK? Do I have to be inspired by something because others are? Do I have to keep quiet because I am not inspired? Do I have to be inspired just because I don't have an alternative? Are snide comments justified just because somebody is not inspired by something. Fuck off.

Not directed at you JanAirplaneMan. You weren't the one putting forward the notion that opinions have to be qualified, or even restricted, or whatever that was about. I'm not going through the reasons again, though. Been there, done that. I really wasn't looking for a discussion about the trust anway. That's been done to death.

And on that note, I'm going to bed.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #5167 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 21:59:38 »

Yes, it is very fucking easy to criticise. That's how opinions work. To suggest people shouldn't voice their opinions unless they have an alternative or whatever is utter bollocks. It's akin to a burden of proof fallacy. It's up to the one trying to convince to do the convincing, the other party does not have an obligation to do a thing. It's a fucking cop-out. Behave.

Besides, I only said that I wasn't inspired. Is that OK? Do I have to be inspired by something because others are? Do I have to keep quiet because I am not inspired? Do I have to be inspired just because I don't have an alternative? Are snide comments justified just because somebody is not inspired by something. Fuck off.

Not directed at you JanAirplaneMan. You weren't the one putting forward the notion that opinions have to be qualified, or even restricted, or whatever that was about. I'm not going through the reasons again, though. Been there, done that. I really wasn't looking for a discussion about the trust anway. That's been done to death.

And on that note, I'm going to bed.

Very touchy this evening. Anyhow, the Trust member was asking for your reasons as to why your not inspired. I'd suggest your better off putting your efforts into replying to the question rather then biting at me.

Flashheart

« Reply #5168 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 22:25:28 »

Very touchy this evening. Anyhow, the Trust member was asking for your reasons as to why your not inspired. I'd suggest your better off putting your efforts into replying to the question rather then biting at me.

Still fucking awake (Gut problems)

Don't try to hide behind calling others touchy when they call you out on bullshit. The onus is on the one trying to put forward a case to be convincing. Not the other way around. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT. You are then left with telling others that they have to accept something without them being convinced, or that they should keep quiet. To which, I would repeat... fuck off!

You don't get to suggest that others should stay quiet and not expect to be rebuked. Calling others touchy does nothing to strengthen your case.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5169 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 23:21:33 »

I'll come out as uninspired. It;s really down to being a Swindon supporter for a long time and being fucked over during most of it. When there is concrete evidence i'll be all in. As i suspect lots will be. Until then I'll hope for the best.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #5170 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 06:53:37 »

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/11/por-brentford-consider-forest-green-boss-cooper/

"Worked miracles" "shoe-string budget" 😀

Sent from my Mi A1
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #5171 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 07:04:41 »

Still fucking awake (Gut problems)

Don't try to hide behind calling others touchy when they call you out on bullshit. The onus is on the one trying to put forward a case to be convincing. Not the other way around. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT. You are then left with telling others that they have to accept something without them being convinced, or that they should keep quiet. To which, I would repeat... fuck off!

You don't get to suggest that others should stay quiet and not expect to be rebuked. Calling others touchy does nothing to strengthen your case.
Calm down you absolute fucking bellend. My reply was to the Trust poster saying that I think they're doing a fantastic job. I (that's me, not you or anybody else) will certainly not be criticizing them for three main reasons)
a) The amount of time/effort they are putting into this doesn't merit people like me trying to run them down - if I didn't live in Wales, it's the type of thing I would like to think I'd be involved in
b) They are clearly bound by a number of NDA's (whether we like it or not) so things they could potentially be criticized for are things that could well be in hand but just not at a stage where they can be disclosed
c) What I would imagine is effectively a full time job is being done alongside their actual full time jobs. These people deserve as much support, help & encouragement as possible.
There's fuck all wrong with saying YOU aren't inspired by them, but the Trust guy was after reasons for this/constructive criticism etc so why don't you answer him? They clearly take on board the opinions of all supporters & have answered my queries when I've had them so I'm sure they'll reply to the best of their abilities or where the NDA's will allow them to.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5172 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 07:56:20 »

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/11/por-brentford-consider-forest-green-boss-cooper/

Sent from my Mi A1
Ah Chuckles linked to a bigger job, good luck to him, hes fighting way above his weight already at Village Green Rovers.

Lets just say I wouldn't want him back here.

Lots of other names linked with a much better track record, but they have said they won't neccessarily got for an experienced manager this time.

Thomas Frank is currently caretaker charge and is the favourite for the job.

Roberto Di Matteo, Nathan Jones, Danny Cowley and David Moyes also linked.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #5173 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 08:54:20 »

Sent from my Mi A1

Although, of course, for a season at Swindon he did.  Apparently we had the second lowest budget in L1 when we made the playoffs with Kasim, Luongo et al.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5174 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 09:25:04 »

Although, of course, for a season at Swindon he did.  Apparently we had the second lowest budget in L1 when we made the playoffs with Kasim, Luongo et al.

No way. That would mean we spent less that year than Yeovil, Fleetwood, Oldham, Vale, Crawley, Orient, Rochdale, Chesterfield. Not a chance.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: