Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967725 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5145 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 07:53:01 »

Scenario:

If PB got approached by Hull and subsequently left Town, would any of you take Karl Robinson. I always thought he would've been a good fit here after Di Canio. Cooper was ok but...
You do know that's not possible, don't you?

On the other hand, if Killer Karl went on to play a part in relegating Franchise, the Pox and Shitty, then he would certainly merit a statue outside a redeveloped County Ground.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5146 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 09:23:20 »

That’s only added to their worries. He’s not investing in them on the footballing side, he’s after a slice of the action. Inter fans absolutely loathe him.

When it was pointed out that the Thai fella was after asset stripping them they said they had no assets - which is true. But the ongoing rankerous relationship with Kassam and the stadium ownership has led them to believe they want the football club completely ousted so they can redevelop the site.

A failing club on the pitch with dwindling support helps achieve that.
Yep they seem to deserve each other.

On the KR front I see another wierd quote from the weekend from him.

'what you've got to realise (talking to Nathan Cooper) is that in those 3 games (all defeats) we won.....5 of 6 halves!!!'

and

'This is a team, a team of my players that are simmering, simmering! And someone is going to the light the fuse, i'm telling ya'

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5147 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 09:43:53 »

The whole situation at the stains is well fucked. All our hopes that the little Thai fella was a complete fraud appears to be true.

They seem to think he is a facilitator to get shot of the football club, flatten the Kassam and redevelop.

If it wasn’t for the fact it’s them, I’d feel sorry for any club getting screwed over by an owner.

And some of our lot give Power stick.

As for Robinson - get thee behind me Satan.

Not sure what he was expecting when the only reason he got involved at Reading was to get a piece of the land the Madejski sits on.
Flashheart

« Reply #5148 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 09:55:07 »

It does show that it would be good to have the trust on board in an official sense. They don't inspire me at all, but we'd be less likely to be screwed over by an unscrupulous owner.

This is something the Power out brigade should consider. Things could be much, much worse yet many would still get rid of Power and welcome ANY replacement. They moan about people using "but we still have a club". Yes, we do still have a fucking club and it looks set to remain that way for the foreseeable future. Something to, hopefully, build on in the future.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5149 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 10:14:28 »

It does show that it would be good to have the trust on board in an official sense. They don't inspire me at all, but we'd be less likely to be screwed over by an unscrupulous owner.

This is something the Power out brigade should consider. Things could be much, much worse yet many would still get rid of Power and welcome ANY replacement. They moan about people using "but we still have a club". Yes, we do still have a fucking club and it looks set to remain that way for the foreseeable future. Something to, hopefully, build on in the future.
Exactly as I feel on all counts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5150 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 10:27:19 »

They moan about people using "but we still have a club". Yes, we do still have a fucking club and it looks set to remain that way for the foreseeable future. Something to, hopefully, build on in the future.

My thoughts exactly

I come from a land down-under
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5151 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 10:40:08 »

I agree for the most part.

Power has for the most part done exactly what he said we would do.
Stabilising the club is obviously a huge positive.

However, whilst that is admirable; it offers us no longer term progression. Do we still want to be a muddling along mid table Div4 team in 5, 10, 20 years?

If anything Power is the perfect short term, dare I say Firefighter owner. Come in, stabilise things...
At that (this?) point he needs to consider (and he might have) getting in other investors or selling up.

If he retains part ownership or even makes a bit for himself, that’s fine.

Long winded (and probably not very clear) way of saying:

I don’t think Power will take us anywhere long term.
Fine short term but under his ownership we will merely exist & make up the numbers.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #5152 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 10:55:30 »

Flash, as a board member of the trust can I ask why we dont inspire you? Constructive feedback always welcome? Your welcome to get involved if you feel you can support and add something to the Trust?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5153 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 11:08:22 »

Popcorn
Panda Paws

« Reply #5154 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 11:16:06 »

If we stabilise on the pitch and Power walks away when the club/fans own the ground and training centre, and he makes a couple of mil on the land up at Highworth, we’re all happy right?

Big if, I appreciate, but we could be in a great position in a few years, irrelevant if we’re midtable L2 or midtable L1, to kick on and attract an ambitious owner.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5155 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 11:53:14 »

If we stabilise on the pitch and Power walks away when the club/fans own the ground and training centre, and he makes a couple of mil on the land up at Highworth, we’re all happy right?

Absolutely.

As long he's not fleecing the club in terms of loan amounts/% APR, transfer fees and god knows what else he can make a bit. A happy return for him, and financial stability for us. Winner.

Guess we'd find that out if he sells up.

But we can't keep going like this forever. Or rather we can, but its not a pleasant prospect.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5156 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 14:27:32 »

I agree for the most part.

Power has for the most part done exactly what he said we would do.
Stabilising the club is obviously a huge positive.

However, whilst that is admirable; it offers us no longer term progression. Do we still want to be a muddling along mid table Div4 team in 5, 10, 20 years?

If anything Power is the perfect short term, dare I say Firefighter owner. Come in, stabilise things...
At that (this?) point he needs to consider (and he might have) getting in other investors or selling up.

If he retains part ownership or even makes a bit for himself, that’s fine.

Long winded (and probably not very clear) way of saying:

I don’t think Power will take us anywhere long term.
Fine short term but under his ownership we will merely exist & make up the numbers.

Agree strongly.

Our gates are League One rather than League Two.  If you set your ambitions low for lengthy periods (eg, 5, 10 or more years) there is in fact only one way in the long run.  Down!

Although I trust Power within limits, it has to be recognised that he has clearly opposed the involvement of the Trust in the CG acquisition in the past.  I am more reassured by Trust involvement than by Power having absolute control.

If Power "holds the bridge" whilst reinforcements are called, then my guess is he will not have extracted an excessive price.  As of today, STFC is not punching its weight however.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 14:36:31 by RedRag » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5157 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 14:31:07 »

Absolutely.

As long he's not fleecing the club in terms of loan amounts/% APR, transfer fees and god knows what else he can make a bit. A happy return for him, and financial stability for us. Winner.

Guess we'd find that out if he sells up.

But we can't keep going like this forever. Or rather we can, but its not a pleasant prospect.

All agreed, but would a couple of million really cover what he has already put in? We don’t know. Sam M referred to it in his Loathed Stranger podcast - Power has to be making money somehow, we just don’t know precisely how.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5158 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 14:37:48 »

cuts from player transfers etc?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5159 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 15:31:39 »

cuts from player transfers etc?

Do we know how much he has actually put in, it must be millions and we ain't sold that much?
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: