Pages: 1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967374 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5100 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 13:11:18 »

Rumours as in terrace talk, or something stronger?

Wouldn't much surprise me. Worry me yes...

I know I know, its what people want. I agree if we can find better and he doesn't leave us stitched up with debt to himself.
I don't think Power will sell until the ownership of the CG and the training ground is sorted, then maybe but not till then.

As for manager, if PB goes then the natural progression would be Neil McDonald moving up, cheapest solution even if its not wanted by fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5101 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 13:12:55 »

Nah, i think if Brown goes mcDonald does too
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5102 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 13:13:45 »

Nah, i think if Brown goes mcDonald does too
McDonald has said not too far in the past he wants to get back into management not just be an assistant.

Sir red ken

« Reply #5103 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 13:38:08 »

All this talk of PB going and power selling up, got me thinking.How many mangers have STFC had since powers been in charge? We've chewed up and spat out quite a few.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5104 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 13:48:07 »

All this talk of PB going and power selling up, got me thinking.How many mangers have STFC had since powers been in charge? We've chewed up and spat out quite a few.

You need a crib sheet....
Sir red ken

« Reply #5105 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 13:49:34 »

I've just looked it up on wikki and considering Lee Power was our manager after cooperman left,albet for a couple of games.
and Matty Taylor had a short stint as caretaker we've had 7 different managers in 5 years! We only need PB to go and that would be quite some management churn. It will be 5 years of Power's rule this December.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5106 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 15:06:38 »

Rumours as in terrace talk, or something stronger?

Wouldn't much surprise me. Worry me yes...

I know I know, its what people want. I agree if we can find better and he doesn't leave us stitched up with debt to himself.

It is one of those friend of a friends uncles ex brother in law who knows someone type thing. This individual mentioned a person who works at the club as saying it is doing the rounds. I’m sceptical TBH. I can’t see it with him being close to a deal to buy the club, then again I consider him the type of businessman who’d want the club lock, stock and barrel too. Which wouldn’t be the case if he has to buddy up with the trust.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5107 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 15:11:46 »

I could see him selling up if the ground deal and/or training ground get done.

I do wonder how much influence he asserting these days anyway. The last season or so seems very un-Power like in letting the manager get on with it.. wonder if Clem what's it fancies taking it on
Flashheart

« Reply #5108 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 15:17:38 »

wonder if Clem what's it fancies taking it on

He does seem to be taking the reigns more so lately. I expect he'd know a fair few minted people that might want to finance such a project as well. He's probably quite well off himself, but I don't know if he'd be that well off.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5109 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 15:26:50 »

I've just looked it up on wikki and considering Lee Power was our manager after cooperman left,albet for a couple of games.
and Matty Taylor had a short stint as caretaker we've had 7 different managers in 5 years! We only need PB to go and that would be quite some management churn. It will be 5 years of Power's rule this December.
Thats not really fair, you can't count Power and Taylor as caretakers as they aren't actually manager and its not fair to blame Power for Lings mental health issues so that makes Cooper, Williams, Flitcroft and Brown in the 5 years, so only really 4 not the 7 you suggest and 1 of those Flitcroft left us he wasn't dismissed, so Power has only sacked Cooper and Williams in his 5 years.

If you look at Chesterfield, Northampton, MKD, Oldham, Birmingham, Aston Villa (when they appoint next), Leeds and many many more all have had more in that time as well as many others, its becoming the norm now not the exception as you seem to be suggesting.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5110 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 15:54:58 »

I could see him selling up if the ground deal and/or training ground get done.

I do wonder how much influence he asserting these days anyway. The last season or so seems very un-Power like in letting the manager get on with it.. wonder if Clem what's it fancies taking it on

Power will only sell if he is no longer making money, or has a reasonable short/medium term shout of making money from the club.

Atm, the player cash stream has dried up, although the Flint money was a Brucie bonus.  Further there is nobody worth a bean on the horizon, hence the pending property deals.  How they may play out is difficult to see....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5111 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 16:46:41 »

You only have to look down the A420 to see what could happen with a supposed owner willing to put money in. The same applies to the Gas. They either don’t really have a pot to piss in or they never had any intention of financing any sort of promotion.

At least Power has never claimed to be something he isn’t.
Sir red ken

« Reply #5112 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 17:24:16 »

Thats not really fair, you can't count Power and Taylor as caretakers as they aren't actually manager and its not fair to blame Power for Lings mental health issues so that makes Cooper, Williams, Flitcroft and Brown in the 5 years, so only really 4 not the 7 you suggest and 1 of those Flitcroft left us he wasn't dismissed, so Power has only sacked Cooper and Williams in his 5 years.

If you look at Chesterfield, Northampton, MKD, Oldham, Birmingham, Aston Villa (when they appoint next), Leeds and many many more all have had more in that time as well as many others, its becoming the norm now not the exception as you seem to be suggesting.

[/quote
Fuck  me I only posted whats on Wikki.even if you don't include the 2 caretakers we are going through managers fast.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5113 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 17:31:06 »

Fuck  me I only posted whats on Wikki.even if you don't include the 2 caretakers we are going through managers fast.
I don't think 2 managers being sacked in 5 years is much. 2 quit, 1 for mental illness and 1 cos hes a fucking twunt.

We get it, you hate power, thats obvious from most of your posts.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 17:38:26 by Peter Venkman » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5114 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 17:42:35 »

Sometimes you read something on a forum that makes you genuinely chuckle.

On the Mansfield forum they were bemoaning Flitcroft and the many draws he has overseen - leading to one poster dubbing him Dave Ja Vu.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: