Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967850 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5070 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 18:19:47 »

He still lives just outside of Yeovil so not too much of a commute for him.

Good catch for the Gulls, he should turn them around if they can sort their off field money problems.
With Gaming International owning them I wouldn't hold your breath!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5071 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 12:22:05 »

I would say Jose Mourinhos' name may be drifting across this thread soon

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5072 on: Sunday, September 30, 2018, 20:48:39 »

Dean Austin has exit Northampton.
No, it's true.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5073 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 08:53:29 »

Dean Austin has exit Northampton.
No, it's true.

As expected ..... not having noticed the mid week fixture, I assumed the Cobblers might get their new manager bounce on Saturday, now though hopefully it's Tuesday and they start falling apart again.

Hopefully Taylor just gets the one game as that would give us 3 ex Cobblers on Sat... good odds on the old boy scoring against you.

Cobblers fans need to look at Chesterfield and start to get very afraid....
« Last Edit: Monday, October 1, 2018, 09:02:25 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5074 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 09:06:30 »

I had a quick read up on the situation at Northampton earlier as a topic of local interest for me.  Seems the consensus is that the players are utter garbage and have been the problem all along, they'll be looking for their 5th manager in 2 years apparently.

Conversely a mate of mine who is a ST holder at Sixfields thinks that a good result against Lincoln on the opening day would have given them the confidence needed to go on a good run.

I may have him and one other travel with me on Saturday so hopefully their poor form continues in the short term.  It never felt right having them above us in the league pyramid but I do like to see them do OK.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5075 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 09:18:42 »

Hopefully Taylor just gets the one game as that would give us 3 ex Cobblers on Sat... good odds on the old boy scoring against you.
Then we would be equal with Andy Williams, Jordan Turnbull and Yasser Kasim as possible starters under a new manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5076 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 09:32:11 »

Then we would be equal with Andy Williams, Jordan Turnbull and Yasser Kasim as possible starters under a new manager.

Good point.... I hadn't noticed Willo was now a Cobbler.  Hopefully his no show is an injury.  Yas seems to have completely disappeared off the radar, which is a crying shame as for a while I loved watching him play. Jordan has played once and they lost.

Those 3 though sort of show why Cobblers fans should be worried... there's 3 there who we probably couldn't afford who are doing nothing much. 
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #5077 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 09:44:08 »

They do have 3 of our exes, but they aren't getting much game time between them.

The fact that Williams, with 1 (JPT) goal since 2016-17, couldn't even get off the bench when they were 0-0 at home to Notts Co the other week seems to reflect what they think of him. He's 32, and I expect his pace has gone.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5078 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 09:44:59 »

They do have 3 of our exes, but they aren't getting much game time between them.
Under Austin, yes, but with a new man in place...who knows.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5079 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 10:02:08 »

Under Austin, yes, but with a new man in place...who knows.

This is the worry... Cobblers may have been shite so far as the players wanted Austin out, so a new face and they clock back on, maybe giving the out of favour an opportunity.  Or they might just be shite and going to get even worse.

Rumbling away in the backgrouind is a classic story of local Tory politics and corruption which puts the tory in a salutory lesson for us as to how the ground sale and redevelopment might unfold.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-36342097
« Last Edit: Monday, October 1, 2018, 10:08:12 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
REDBUCK

« Reply #5080 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:04:05 »

Richards to Cobblers as new boss?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5081 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:26:30 »

Richards to Cobblers as new boss?

No chance. Why would they want him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5082 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:31:10 »

No chance. Why would they want him.
Yes highly unlikely even though he is taking his coaching badges with Northampton and coaching the kids there and is liked by their fans, the other thing is it appears Northampton are in the process of trying to sell the club.

If a new buyer comes in soon they may want the cheaper option which Richards would be.

I feel they will got for a more established manager/head coach though.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5083 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:40:44 »

Yes highly unlikely even though he is taking his coaching badges with Northampton and coaching the kids there and is liked by their fans, the other thing is it appears Northampton are in the process of trying to sell the club.

If a new buyer comes in soon they may want the cheaper option which Richards would be.

I feel they will got for a more established manager/head coach though.

It's one of those weird things... appointing a first time boss, ex popular player is a big risk.  Spireites did it last year and ended in the Conference... Bormuff did it when really having no other option and got to the Prem.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5084 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:43:00 »

It's one of those weird things... appointing a first time boss, ex popular player is a big risk.  Spireites did it last year and ended in the Conference... Bormuff did it when really having no other option and got to the Prem.
It is always a risk, he sort of did it with Jimmy Quinn and that didn't work very well, and TBH it doesn't work that often at all, certainly not with a first appointment in management anyway as you say.

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: