Pages: 1 ... 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1980553 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4770 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 14:00:10 »

Start of the managerial merry go round, Charlton take over by the Aussies to be completed, Kewell to Charlton just in time for us to play Creepy Crawley next week, lowering their morale and letting us win.....it might happen!

One step at a time, lets see the Swindon fan Robinson named manager at Poxfraud first!
Is he actually a Town fan then? Never knew that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4771 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 14:04:48 »

Is he actually a Town fan then? Never knew that.
yeah pretty much in his own words Smiley

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/SPORT/11060032.Robinson_set_for__family__reunion/

KARL Robinson is looking forward to seeing a number of old friends when he takes his Franchise side to Swindon tomorrow, saying the town has a “special place” in his heart.

Robinson was on the Robins’ books as a YTS trainee before a serious back injury put paid to his ambitions of making it as a player but he refused to let that blow stop him pursuing a career in football and went on to become one of the youngest managers in Football League history when he was appointed Dons boss in 2010.

He still credits a number of Swindonians for the way they coaxed him through his injury as a teenager and on Friday he’s due to visit the family who put him up during his spell in Wiltshire.

“It has a special place in my heart because it's where I grew up,” he said. “I'm going to meet the family I lived with on Friday, I've not seen them for many years.

“I got signed when I was 15, and I lived here for three years as a YTS and a young professional. But I got injured and didn't play for a long time.

“Some people there really looked after me. For a young boy from Liverpool, not to play football for 13 months was very difficult. But they helped me through it.

“It'll be nice to see them. One of them is my ex-youth team manager's wife, and the people from the digs. It'll be nice because I've still got some of my best friends in Swindon.

“I always enjoy going there. The results haven't been overly favourable, if I'm being honest.

“It's a nice place for me, but it's a difficult place for the club. But regardless of my feelings, they'll have no relevance come 3pm."

Robinson branded Town as “unpredictable” and the County Ground “a tough place to go” but he’s certain his players will be up for the game.

“This is a cup final. What a ding-dong of a game,” he said. “We have put ourselves in a position to go and beat Swindon at the County Ground. It could be our biggest win of the season.

Matt Taylor was booed off in his first game for us for having much less tenuous Poxfraud supporting links Smiley (luckily the twats that booed him have stopped now, idiots).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #4772 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 16:27:10 »

Perhaps the WOW factor was meant as in wow we've appointed someone as opposed to who it actually is
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4773 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 19:07:31 »

KR confirmed at the triangle.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4774 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 11:21:04 »

Paul Clement to Reading.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4775 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 11:29:52 »

KR confirmed at the triangle.

Sorry to say but that's what they need, not some unproven big name on silly wages.... Fear he will do OK there, hope I am wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4776 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 11:54:36 »

Sorry to say but that's what they need, not some unproven big name on silly wages.... Fear he will do OK there, hope I am wrong.

Charlton fans didn't seem too upset at losing his slow, boring football. I'll give it a season before the Pox turn all Wilder at him..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4777 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 11:58:33 »

It all depends on that little Thai fella that’s taken over. A lot of their fans are dubious as to his actual wealth and that some, as yet unknown, people are financing his vanity project.

It is very difficult to see what the attraction is - much the same as us tbh - in buying a club whose ground is owned by somebody else.

Saying that, he and his cronies managed to extract big sums out of Reading, leaving them on the brink.

Sounds like a good chap.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4778 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 12:05:00 »

It all depends on that little Thai fella that’s taken over. A lot of their fans are dubious as to his actual wealth and that some, as yet unknown, people are financing his vanity project.
Their worry should be more that no-one's financing him. That certainly seemed to be the case when he and his mates were at Reading - lots of talk, not a lot of cash. But they managed to pull a fair bit out when they left.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4779 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 12:29:54 »

KR is a jobbing 3rd division manager who has only managed in the Championship for 1 season (finishing 23rd) and all the rest were at L1 level finishing 5th, 5th, 8th, 10th, 2nd, 13th and currently 9th. He did also blow a pretty massive L1 budget while at Charlton 2 years in a row, he also had a big budget at MKD, he will have nothing like that at Poxfraud unless you believe the new owners hype!

Hes a pretty average manager TBH, probably solid but certainly not inspiring or the Tiger "wow" factor they were promised. A 36.5% win ratio at Chalrton and only 41.1% overall is nothing special.

I really think that PB has much better managerial credentials than KR working with much lower budgets and at much a higher level than KR has.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4780 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 13:04:37 »

How the hell is owning the Scum a vanity project. Surely its more of a masochistic exercise.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4781 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 13:12:38 »

Interesting interview with him on Sky.

Q: will you have funds for new players?

A: Erm, I hope so. I haven’t seen the owner yet. It’s something we’ll have to discuss.

That’ll be a no, then!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4782 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 13:14:18 »

41.1% overall is nothing special.

Much better than Brown though tbf

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4783 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 13:14:38 »

How the hell is owning the Scum a vanity project. Surely its more of a masochistic exercise.
“Vanity Projects (or Vanity Productions) are those creative works that are ostensibly showcases for someone's talents as an actor, director, writer, singer, and/or composer but fail miserably to achieve their goal.”

Sounds good to me
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4784 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 13:44:30 »

Much better than Brown though tbf
It is about 5% higher win ratio overall than PB yes but almost 200 of the games PB has managed have been at Championship or Premier League level.

If you compare Robinsons one season managing in the Championship his win ratio for that season was only 19.4%.

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: