Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1985702 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4620 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 16:21:20 »

Whoever we appoint is a gamble to some extent (obviously some more than others!), I look at it this way. Our goal is get out of this terrible division: to fail under Taylor would be forgivable, as long as he shows signs that he can do it next season; to fail under Phil Brown or one of the other retreads would just be a failure, compounded by the dullness of the appointment and the football. Whereas to succeed under Taylor would be glorious and feel like the start of an amazing journey; conversely going up under Brown would be good but we'd inevitably have a season of "consolidation" in L1, followed by a failure to kick on the season after before he got sacked midway through the following season. I've been bored to tears watching this team too often over the last 3 years or so, so I'm up for a bit of (potentially) glorious adventure.

Totally agree with this, we lose nothing by giving Taylor a go that we wouldn’t potentially lose by bringing the same old names in..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #4621 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 16:24:38 »

However much I might wish it was otherwise, how I see things has no impact on the players whatsoever.

Unless Taylor returns himself to midfield, then Ellis is the only central midfield option available alongside Dunne.

I don’t really know what your point is here, but I think it’s just as well that how you see things has no impact on the players.

We are fine in central midfield, Banks will be missed temporarily but we have adequate cover.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4622 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 16:30:54 »

I don’t really know what your point is here, but I think it’s just as well that how you see things has no impact on the players.

We are fine in central midfield, Banks will be missed temporarily but we have adequate cover.

Who do you suggest for CM then ?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4623 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 16:54:42 »

Well, if we’re going to implode because we’ve lost Banks for 3 games it doesn’t matter much who the manager is.

Need an extra, non contracted, body for CB, though.

Btw, Iandolo for Banks.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4624 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 17:00:56 »

I still can’t really grasp how, after Evans’ sudden departure, Mansfield identified Flitcroft as his successor so quickly. We know he wasn’t Power’s first, or even 4th choice, so has Radford based it solely on the fact we’ve beaten them twice this season?

Can’t see much due diligence on Mansfield’s part.

Momentum is growing for Taylor full time, I reckon. Lay the Cheltnum bogey on Saturday and it’s his - or should be.

This is my take on it..

He saw the opportunity and ripped their arms off!

Paynter to Leeds style...

Clems Army!
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #4625 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 17:03:36 »

Who do you suggest for CM then ?

To answer your question, and assuming Elsnik and Linganzi are unfit, Dunne and Iandolo with Anderson in front. I don’t think Gordon or Taylor are suited to CM.

You can come back and tell me we’re shit, if you like. And you’d have a point. But, guess what, we’re competing with other shit teams. Let’s look at our immediate rivals. Lincoln lost 4-1 at home to Crewe last week. Coventry have 4 points from 5 games. Notts County have one away win since September.

We were winning games at the start of the season without having Taylor, Preston, Banks, Anderson or Richards at the club. And to suggest that we are totally incapable of maintaining half-decent form to keep hold of 7th place, to the extent that we may as well chuck in the towel, just doesn’t make sense.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 17:17:01 by ferret » Logged
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #4626 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 17:50:07 »

Recall Tom Smith
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4627 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 17:53:02 »

To answer your question, and assuming Elsnik and Linganzi are unfit, Dunne and Iandolo with Anderson in front. I don’t think Gordon or Taylor are suited to CM.

You can come back and tell me we’re shit, if you like. And you’d have a point. But, guess what, we’re competing with other shit teams. Let’s look at our immediate rivals. Lincoln lost 4-1 at home to Crewe last week. Coventry have 4 points from 5 games. Notts County have one away win since September.

We were winning games at the start of the season without having Taylor, Preston, Banks, Anderson or Richards at the club. And to suggest that we are totally incapable of maintaining half-decent form to keep hold of 7th place, to the extent that we may as well chuck in the towel, just doesn’t make sense.

I don't think I've ever seen Ellis play in the engine room.... but maybe he can.  Regards Timi, if he was ours he might be fit enough, but I'd imagine Derby will err on the side of caution.

There are some dodgy sides around us atm, but there are also the likes of Carlisle and Crawley who have a bit of form, who we've yet to play at the CG
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4628 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 17:56:18 »

I don't think I've ever seen Ellis play in the engine room.... but maybe he can.  Regards Timi, if he was ours he might be fit enough, but I'd imagine Derby will err on the side of caution.

There are some dodgy sides around us atm, but there are also the likes of Carlisle and Crawley who have a bit of form, who we've yet to play at the CG

Half correct. We lost 4-1 to Crawley at the CG earlier this season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4629 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 17:58:44 »

Half correct. We lost 4-1 to Crawley at the CG earlier this season.

3-0, but yes, not the CG, we've got to go there.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4630 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 18:04:59 »

3-0, but yes, not the CG, we've got to go there.

Confused them with Barnet. Yes we play away at Crawley over Easter.

Your statement about still having to play Crawley and Carlisle at the CG confused me, unless you mean we are playing Crawley in the play offs?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4631 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 18:07:26 »

Reg: what are your tips for the end of season jamboree? Autos, play offs or missing out?

I know a lot on here mock you but your predictions are realistic and I like reading your thoughts.

Flashheart

« Reply #4632 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 18:12:10 »

I know a lot on here mock you but your predictions are realistic

ferret

Ignore
« Reply #4633 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 18:23:58 »

Yes but that's just a standard feature of any season - a couple of teams hitting form after 30-odd games and making an ambitious late push for the playoffs. We did it under Cooper in 13/14.

If Crawley (who have now lost 2 in 3 by the way) win 8 of their final 11, good luck to them, they might, just, sneak into the playoffs. But we shouldn't lose sleep over this.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4634 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 18:32:54 »

Reg: what are your tips for the end of season jamboree? Autos, play offs or missing out?

I know a lot on here mock you but your predictions are realistic and I like reading your thoughts.
The old saying, "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day" springs to mind... Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: