Pages: 1 ... 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967213 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4230 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 11:38:27 »

Bilic departs West Ham............'Big Sam' seen checking that his phone is turned on.

Finally proved too much for the dildo brothers.....

So 11 games into the season and 20% of the premier teams have already sacked a manager, its getting a bit silly now.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 6, 2017, 16:22:32 by horlock07 » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4231 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 09:57:08 »

Moyes gets West Ham gig, I thought the point of sacking Bilic would be to find an upgrade?

Why the likes of them and Everton haven’t got the chequebook out for Dyche is beyond me
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4232 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:56:43 »

Moyes gets West Ham gig, I thought the point of sacking Bilic would be to find an upgrade?

Why the likes of them and Everton haven’t got the chequebook out for Dyche is beyond me

It's bizarre in the extreme that having got rid of Bilic, they should apppoint Moyes. Now I'm no betting man but I'd have a few bob on them for the drop if I was.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4233 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 21:34:14 »

Maybe they’re frightened of him losing his voice?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #4234 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 21:42:09 »

if all Dyche has to offer (apart from the voice) is what Burnley serve up then I hope he doesn't stay in the prem for too long. Yes it keeps them up etc but as a neutral fucking hell, who actually wants to watch Burnley?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4235 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 09:55:56 »

I would give several limbs to be in Burnleys position.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4236 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 10:02:57 »

I doubt Dyche or Burnley fans are losing sleep over neutrals views on their style of play (which isn’t too bad anyway from what i’ve seen)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4237 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 11:32:32 »

if all Dyche has to offer (apart from the voice) is what Burnley serve up then I hope he doesn't stay in the prem for too long. Yes it keeps them up etc but as a neutral fucking hell, who actually wants to watch Burnley?
He produces an effective team with the resources he has available to him. If he had the likes of De Bruyne and Aguero available to him rather than Vokes and Mee, he might produce "nicer" football. But we've seen what can happen when you try to play in a style that doesn't work with the players you have and that's also not pretty
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4238 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 11:53:27 »

I doubt Dyche or Burnley fans are losing sleep over neutrals views on their style of play (which isn’t too bad anyway from what i’ve seen)

I can say that from speaking to a good few Burnley fans they fucking love him and understand the financial limitations facing the club and thus the pragmatic manner in which they play.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4239 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 12:27:44 »

He produces an effective team with the resources he has available to him. If he had the likes of De Bruyne and Aguero available to him rather than Vokes and Mee, he might produce "nicer" football. But we've seen what can happen when you try to play in a style that doesn't work with the players you have and that's also not pretty

Totally agree. I think he's done a cracking job at Burnley. Look at the ' fairytale legend' that is Eddie Howe, went to Burnley and didn't do very well there. SD stepped in and has worked minor miracles at Burnley who are going toe to toe with Arsenal and Liverpool in the Premier league on much more meagre  budgets.

I guess your point was about LW and DF which I completely agree about also. I think DF has begun to  implement a style with players that suit us at this level and its beginning to bear fruit.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 12:29:41 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4240 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 12:37:29 »

I have no problem with how Burnley play, they are a solid unit, nothing spectacular but grind out results with the players available to them. Consistant and unspectacular, kind of how we are aiming to play under Flitcroft, play to the strengths of the players available.

I think Dyche is doing a great job under those circumstances, some managers in a similar position though struggle when given bigger budgets after moving to bigger clubs and never get as good a team as they had with less resourses.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4241 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 13:58:32 »

I think Dyche is doing a great job under those circumstances, some managers in a similar position though struggle when given bigger budgets after moving to bigger clubs and never get as good a team as they had with less resourses.
Moyes being a case in point. Should never have left Everton, although he'd have been forced out eventually when the fans all got Curbishley Syndrome
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4242 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 16:19:34 »

I would give several limbs to be in Burnleys position.

So would I. Your limbs, obviously.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4243 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 08:48:49 »

Mark McGhee appointed at Barnet. Didn't realise they were 2nd bottom!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4244 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 09:12:47 »

Mark McGhee appointed at Barnet. Didn't realise they were 2nd bottom!

Desperate!
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: