Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967489 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 19:38:44 »

I'd be worried if I were a Blackpool fan! First Ollie leaves for Palace, who are a good team but I found it a little strange given the parachute payments Blackpool would get. Thought that would see them better placed for a promotion charge.

Then they appoint Appleton, which was not exactly the sore of appointment that would excite me if I were one of them.

Then after 9 week he wants to leave. To go to the biggest nut case club in the FL. Its not like its because he didn't settle in the area, its < 30 miles between the two.

Most odd all round.
Flashheart

« Reply #901 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 19:42:45 »

although if he is only to be given a 6 month deal then its not a problem

Really?

Voldemort left a brand new job to go elsewhere on a 6 month contract? Bizarre if true.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 19:44:21 »

Really?

Voldemort left a brand new job to go elsewhere on a 6 month contract? Bizarre if true.

Or did he mean before they sack him?
Flashheart

« Reply #903 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 19:49:30 »

If he was sacked surely he'd need to be paid off, probably not the case if he left of his own accord? (I'm guessing)

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 20:01:59 »

I'd be worried if I were a Blackpool fan! First Ollie leaves for Palace, who are a good team but I found it a little strange given the parachute payments Blackpool would get. Thought that would see them better placed for a promotion charge.

Then they appoint Appleton, which was not exactly the sore of appointment that would excite me if I were one of them.

Then after 9 week he wants to leave. To go to the biggest nut case club in the FL. Its not like its because he didn't settle in the area, its < 30 miles between the two.

Most odd all round.

But Blackpool are the cheapskate club. They do everything on the cheap so the Oyston's can probably take another huge 'dividend' out of the club, after the took out £11m after their Premiership season, which was more than the total wage bill for the season.

I think they'll go for O'Driscoll now, as he's free.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 20:07:19 »

But Blackpool are the cheapskate club. They do everything on the cheap so the Oyston's can probably take another huge 'dividend' out of the club, after the took out £11m after their Premiership season, which was more than the total wage bill for the season.

I think they'll go for O'Driscoll now, as he's free.

Just been around a few Blackpool forums. I was under the (d)illusion that he'd put a fair bit into the club, seems not then.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 20:09:31 »

Just been around a few Blackpool forums. I was under the (d)illusion that he'd put a fair bit into the club, seems not then.

Put some in...took a lot out.

I wouldn't be surprised that they'll have one of the lowest wage bills in the Championship.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #907 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:00:08 »

Steve Lomas to Doncaster as recommended by 'Arry.

Steve Lomas is in contention for the English job Steve Lomas is in contention for the English job

WITH just one season left on his contract with Saint Johnstone, it is believed that Lomas may be interested to talk to Doncaster.

STEVE LOMAS could be the next SPL manager head-hunted by an English club after Harry Redknapp advised Doncaster to swoop for him.

Record Sport understands the St Johnstone boss has been placed on a shortlist of eight contenders to replace Dean Saunders who was appointed as the new man in charge at Wolves yesterday.

But Lomas is already thought to be one of the favourites for the position after the League One club received a glowing personal recommendation from QPR boss Redknapp.

Redknapp bought a 23-year-old Lomas for West Ham for £2.5million in 1997 and made him skipper. The pair have remained close friends ever since.

And Redknapp’s blessing is believed to hold a great deal of sway with the men in charge at the Keepmoat, chief executive Gavin Baldwin and chairman John Ryan.
Steve Lomas emerges among the contenders for the vacant Doncaster Rovers job

With their club in the thick of the mix for promotion to the Championship, Ryan and Baldwin have already set to work on nailing down Saunders’ successor.

And with a trip to face play-off hopefuls Stevenage looming on Saturday they could make an official approach to speak to Lomas this week.

The Northern Irishman, 38, clinched a place in the Europa League qualifiers for Saints last season and currently has them sitting just four points behind second-placed Inverness in the SPL.

But Lomas has had a bumpy relationship with chairman Steve Brown since moving to Perth a year ago and, with only one more season to go on his contract, is likely to be interested in hearing what Doncaster have to say.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:18:09 »

Harry the tax dodger, used to hang around his gaffe, good bloke unless you damage  Embarrassed his wooden pier in the back yard
Barry Scott

« Reply #909 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:22:48 »

Have we agreed compo with Donny then?! Seems a bit out of order losing our club legend.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:34:42 »

Where's Ardiles these day's?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:47:17 »

Lomas is Swindons greatest never player/manager. How very dare they.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:39:25 »

Really?

I meant as in Blackburn's Shebby Singh bloke was telling the press that they wanted their next manager to accept a 6 month contract then longer if they meet their targets
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 22:26:03 »

So now Phil Parkinson has been offered (and has rejected) the Blackpool job.  Taken with Appleton at Blackburn and scummer Saunders at Wolves, it doesn't seem that a track record of success let alone charisma is a requirement to secure a decent Championship management job
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #914 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 10:14:11 »

All these refusals of managers to be employed at Barnsley and Blackpool, and with the whole Appleton thing of leaving within a month of being appointed makes me wonder if there is something not right at these clubs either financially or at boardroom level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: