Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967736 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 12:38:10 »

No manager big enough for Wolves......another load of deluded fans.

Wolves to me, are a little like Oxford. Their main rivals are doing well with a good manager in a league above them, whilst they are plodding along doing absolutely nothing at all, and are crying out to be as successful as West Brom. Pox must be the same, jealous of us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 12:40:49 »

Solbakken was a strange appointment anyway, his only decent record was at FC København where they dominate the domestic league anyway and his record at FC Köln was absolutely woeful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A5le_Solbakken#Managerial_statistics
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #872 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 12:41:41 »

Well it looks like Dean Saunders could be on his way to Wolves then.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/wolverhampton-wanderers/9783554/Wolves-approach-Doncaster-manager-Dean-Saunders-over-manager-job-after-Stale-Solbakken-sacking.html

I feel similar to most, Wolves are living in the past based on their glories of the 50's very much like Lids and Newcastle....theit fans feel they are much much bigger than they actually are.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 13:29:17 »

I really am beginning to get tired of the 'HE'S A FASCIST!' statement other fans automatically jump to. I understand if football fans know three things about Di Canio, it's that he shoved over a ref, scored the best goal of all time, and used to stick his right hand up when celebrating. Yep, he used to play up to the crowds in Lazio. Yep, he probably had some leanings towards that section of politics because he grew up in the middle of it. But, shock horror, he grew as a person and is not the same as he was then. As anyone who bothered to actually research the man would understand, he's a pseudo-samurai-cosmic-earth-paganist. Sure he might still believe in one party rule, or act like a fascist in the dressing room, but frankly, at a place where blokes are getting paid new-car-every-week money for a bit of running around, that's what's often needed. That and being a hard-arse in the dressing room in a football club is not the same as sending millions to their death on a whim. His past doesn't rest wholly easy with me, but his penance (it seems) is to work thrice as hard as anyone else in the business, and thank fuck we have him...

Bit of perspective, and change the record please...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 13:34:51 »

A few Owls fans are starting to clamour for PDC also.....Jones getting the boot is a sure fire bet if they lose there next match....or indeed the replay at Franchise.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 13:40:12 »

The worry would be that if his ambition is not backed by the club (in his eyes) Paolo may start to think his future is elsewhere.

We know this is likely to happen at some point, I for one just hope it's later rather than sooner.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 13:40:52 »

I feel similar to most, Wolves are living in the past based on their glories of the 50's very much like Lids and Newcastle....theit fans feel they are much much bigger than they actually are.

To be fair to Toon fans, they finished in the top half of the table last season. Living the dream!  Hmmm
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 15:08:38 »

Just seen a few interviews on SSN about Wolves fans not wanting Saunders as their manager, they're hardly a massive club who can demand a top name manager! Never liked Wolves, hope they rot in the championship for a few years!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 15:33:42 »

They are certainly on the ball. Apparently he's manager of Brighton:

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showpost.php?p=1555228&postcount=55
fatbasher

« Reply #879 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 15:59:17 »

Lets be fair, we may have a nut job as a manager, however, like Wolverwanker Wanders we have some misguided fans who still won't come to SN1 while he's here. So keep up the good work Paolo and keep those twats away from SN1 and stay clear of the west midlands. You're too good for 99.99% of the clubs in this country, luckily for you you chose the 00.01% that appreciate and love you for your football, anything you say or do behind closed doors is your perogative not mine or anyone elses. COYR
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 16:05:17 »

Tbf I wouldn't be jumping for joy is Dean Saunders was going to be the manager of us. His record in the Championship last season for Donny was woeful added to some of the 'high profile' dross he signed.

Don't see why Wolves wouldn't get O'Driscoll in, he was doing a very good job at Forest and would do the same at Wolves imo
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 16:17:18 »

Wolverwanker Wanders

Fuck me

That's up there with "the premiershit" and "Aljokefee"
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 16:23:28 »

Tbf I wouldn't be jumping for joy is Dean Saunders was going to be the manager of us. His record in the Championship last season for Donny was woeful added to some of the 'high profile' dross he signed.

Can't judge Saunders on last season at all, he didn't sign any of those high profile players it was that agent guy (forget his name) who was pally with the Chairman.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 17:34:54 »

Can't judge Saunders on last season at all, he didn't sign any of those high profile players it was that agent guy (forget his name) who was pally with the Chairman.
Just had a little look around and its Willie McKay so maybe I'm being a tad harsh but surely he should have the bollocks to stand up and sign who he wants?
fatbasher

« Reply #884 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 17:35:22 »

Fuck me

That's up there with "the premiershit" and "Aljokefee"
Not sure how to take that so I'll assume it is a compliment.

However, I don't wish to fuck you, thanks all the same, and I have an axe to grind with the shytehawks going back a number of years hence the complimentry and affectionate name.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: