Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967377 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 18:33:47 »

I've got a feeling the first two managers to get the boot this season will be Brendan Rodgers apparently if they lose today it'll be l'pool's worst start since 1903/04 season.

They managed to nab a draw,  but they're always going to struggle with their current lack of attacking options.  I honestly can't understand why they let Carroll go before a replacement was found.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #526 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 18:35:17 »

Mark Mghee........guaranteed on Monday i reckon.
I hope so I despise the bloke, my Rovers supporting mates were over the moon at getting this "top class" manager last season, I said i won't even give him a year.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 19:52:01 »

I reckon that bloke who manages the lot down the road may be off fairly soon.  Whats his name?

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #528 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 19:55:07 »

I reckon that bloke who manages the lot down the road may be off fairly soon.  Whats his name?

Dave something?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 07:50:47 »

I reckon that bloke who manages the lot down the road may be off fairly soon. 

probably to Coventry

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #530 on: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 08:34:40 »

probably to Coventry
Latest favourite for that job is Phil Brown. Out of work and with experience, he seems just right for the job. I still don't think Coventry will pay compensation, but then again if Gene Wilder is sacked first they won't have to.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 08:36:36 »

Latest favourite for that job is Phil Brown. Out of work and with experience, he seems just right for the job. I still don't think Coventry will pay compensation, but then again if Gene Wilder is sacked first they won't have to.

i was joking

I come from a land down-under
phelpsieboy

« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:05:37 »

Terry Brown has left The Wombles
Oh how I love the irony, remember his comments back last summer where he was slating Di Canio's appointment and bragging about Browns lower league managerial skill, oh how different their management spells have gone.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:36:11 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9055189.AFC_Wimbledon_boss_has_dig_at_Swindon_s_Di_Canio/

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:59:49 »

Seems like Mark Robins to Coventry, thats a tough job
phelpsieboy

« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 09:22:57 »

Think Coventry will follow the path alot of the big ex-championship teams have faced since coming down, spend the first year consolidating and stabilizing, then to have a promotion charge the following year.
Although the shrewd appointment of Robins could lead to a Lambert-esque rise, as on paper they do have a very talented squad.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:26:42 »

Terry Brown has left The Wombles
Oh how I love the irony, remember his comments back last summer where he was slating Di Canio's appointment and bragging about Browns lower league managerial skill, oh how different their management spells have gone.
You're showing yourself up there, not Brown. He took Wimbledon from the Isthmian League to back into the Football League in 4 years. That's no mean feat. Once Di Canio's managed 3 promotions in 4 years, then might be the time to gloat.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:27:52 »

Think Coventry will follow the path alot of the big ex-championship teams have faced since coming down, spend the first year consolidating and stabilizing, then to have a promotion charge the following year.
Although the shrewd appointment of Robins could lead to a Lambert-esque rise, as on paper they do have a very talented squad.

But is Robins that good?  His managerial record doesn't seem overly fantastic.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 11:06:01 »

But is Robins that good?  His managerial record doesn't seem overly fantastic.

Good, don't know, but he's going cheep!
phelpsieboy

« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 11:13:34 »

You're showing yourself up there, not Brown. He took Wimbledon from the Isthmian League to back into the Football League in 4 years. That's no mean feat. Once Di Canio's managed 3 promotions in 4 years, then might be the time to gloat.
Terry Browns lower league record is tremendous and I am not doubting that one bit, however for him to take a dig at Di Canio before he was even tested was very arrogant of him, and was definitely looking to get on the high horse.
So it is quite ironic how different their situations are a year after those comments were made.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: