Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967338 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 09:27:14 »

It's funny how O'Driscoll has done a 'Coppell' on Crawley.

Crawley are no different to the rest of us lower leaguers in the sense that if you employ someone who is 'above' you then there's a risk that they will bugger off at the best opportunity (Hoddle, Sturrock, Wise etc). Luckily our current boss is well into Swindon Town at the moment.
kerry red

« Reply #481 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 09:50:08 »

You think Sturrock was above us?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 09:54:58 »

You think Sturrock was above us?

He left at the first (he'd have gone to Leicester if they pushed it) opportunity to a higher level.

At that time in our history, yes I believe that. Now? No.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 10:46:59 »

John barnes should be their manager after the bollocks he came out with the other night
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 10:50:54 »

I reckon John Barnes used to do the rap from world in motion for most team talks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #485 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 09:02:20 »

I have heard a fair few rumours that Gareth Southgate is about to become new manager of Creepy.

Crawley being his home town club and Southgate has resigned from his job as FA head of elite development over the weekend and is good friends with Steve Coppell.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 20:15:02 »

There's talk about Andy Scott being the new manager of Crawley.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Venkman

« Reply #487 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 11:34:45 »

Looks like Richie Barker is now going to be Creepy's new manager, a bit of a sideways or even step down from Bury. I expect its down to playing budget which at Creepy may well be higher than at Bury.

I do think that Creepy wont be able to attract the type of player needed in this league though as crowds of 3k is unsustainable if you are paying out reasonably high wages with the 55% wage cap in place even though there are obviously ways around this with sponsorship deals etc which is how Notts County and Peterborough exceeded it in the past.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 12:06:34 »

So much for Sven and Mick McCarthy being interested (according to some of their comical fans)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 14:40:52 »

I reckon John Barnes used to do the rap from world in motion for most team talks

This made me laugh...a lot.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #490 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 19:27:10 »

Richie Barker confirmed as Creepy boss now.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/article/richie-barker-296214.aspx

The club are delighted to confirm that Richie Barker has accepted the position of first-team manager.
Richie has joined the club from Bury after the clubs agreed a compensation deal and he has signed a two-year contract.
Richie, 37, moved into management in July 2010 when he was appointed Head of Youth and reserve-team boss at Bury but in the two years since then he has earned a reputation as one of the brightest and most forward-thinking managers in the Football League.
He became caretaker-boss at Gigg Lane in April 2011 and guided Bury to six straight league wins to secure promotion to League One. The position was made permanent in June 2011 and last season Bury finished in a comfortable mid-table position.
Richie’s playing career started at Sheffield Wednesday in 1993. Over the next 16 seasons he played as a striker for nine different clubs including 96 games for Brighton & Hove Albion between 1997 and 1999. His family home remains in Sussex.
Richie said: "It was certainly not a hard decision to come to Crawley, although it was difficult to leave Bury because I built up quite an affinity with the people there and they are a smashing club.
"But this is a fantastic opportunity for me. Crawley Town are a club on the up as their success in the last two years shows.
"There is only a week to go before the season starts so we have to hit the ground running but I am looking forward to working with the players and staff.
"League 1 is a big step up but Stevenage came through like Crawley did and reached the play-offs last season so it is possible for a promoted club to be successful. This is a great challenge for me in my managerial career and I am delighted to be here."
Director of Football Steve Coppell said: “The club had to take stock after Sean O’Driscoll’s departure. We are about to start our first season in League 1 and needed a manager with experience at this level and someone with the right credentials and an ambition which matched that of Crawley Town.
“We are delighted Richie has agreed to take up the challenge. We are at a relatively young stage of our development as a Football League club and Richie is an excellent fit for this football club.
“In the last couple of years he has earned an excellent reputation in management and his coaching CV is second to none. He is a fully-qualified UEFA A License coach and has a degree in sports science.
“He has had a very good grounding in management at Bury and we are sure he will inspire both our players and our supporters as we embark on the next stage of the club’s development in League 1.
“Richie has his transfer targets and we will be working hard in the next few days and weeks to strengthen the squad.”
Richie will take charge for the first time on Friday when we play Brighton & Hove Albion in our final pre-season friendly, kick off 7.45pm.

Not quite the calibre of manager their fans wanted!

Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 21:31:49 »

Not the calibre, no.  But a decent appointment I reckon - he's done a very good job at Bury.  Not everyone can lure the likes of Di Canio....
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 12:49:40 »

Andy Thorn sacked as Coventry manager.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 13:44:44 »

He did look a bit uninspiring during interviews.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 13:57:13 »

Are they subject to an imminent takeover? Seems a bit odd 3 games in with no defeats.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: