Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967403 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 13:42:33 »

Reminds me of Wilson at City. He always got them in the playoffs but never got them up. Having spent lavishly, Huddersfield obviously lost patience in the end.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 13:53:29 »

I first read that as wash your mouth out, and and am now disappointed. Reason being, it meant I could have used the cunning reply I used to use at Sunday school (and primary school) for being told they'll wash my mouth out with soap and water: So what, I like the taste of soap.

You do know that aint right don't you Barry!

On the Clark thing....I am really a bit shocked at the timing of this, yes they got beaten at home last night but that was only their 3rd league defeat of the season and they went on that record (for them) run of 43 games unbeaten.

I think there must be more to it than that they have just lost their patience with him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 13:57:52 »

Reading on the Udders forums I am a bit surprised that he was not very well liked by the fans, most seem pretty ecstatic hes left.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 14:07:45 »

I wonder who they've got lined up?

Is Warnock too big for L1 nowadays?
Barry Scott

« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 14:18:11 »

I wonder if Grayson would be in with a shout. That'd be a fun appointment.

You do know that aint right don't you Barry!

I didn't really like it! (Although I recall Imperial Leather had a palatable quality to it.)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 14:39:27 »

Sounds like Clark is going to claim unfair dismissal against Udders, plenty more to come out of this story no doubt.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 20:15:53 »

I reckon he applied for the Leeds job and they found out.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 20:18:16 »

Me too, got to be more to it than thanks for your input but it's time for a change.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 20:28:46 »

Lee Clark wants to go to Leeds United so Huddersfield go and fire him thus allowing him to join for free instead of demanding a compensation package that Ken Bates would be unwilling to pay?

Unless the Huddersfield chairman is as thick as two short planks, I don't think so.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 22:01:29 »

But if Clark breached his contract with Udders they could sack him without paying him off which may of been a better option financially than what they may of got from Leeds. Having said that this afternoon Clark was only third favourite to get the Leeds job so could be totally irrelevant.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 23:10:14 »

I would have thought that Clarke would be a big risk for Leeds?  As previously mentioned, he's had a lot of money at his disposal and failed to take Huddersfield anywhere.  They want a manager to get them back to the Premier League and the pressure at Leeds will be far more than anything he was under at Huddersfield.  I can't see him being the man for the job.

And on a separate managerial matter, Arsenal need to get rid of Wenger.  As good as a manager he was, he's lost it completely at Arsenal now.  Is it 8 years now since they won anything?  It'll be another 8 with him in charge.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 23:28:30 »

I think last time round Leeds fans were expecting a big named manager but the board seem happy to go with lesser experienced ones. The majority of Huddersfield fans were in a right panic not so long ago when Clark was linked to Leicester ? And I'm sure back then during their great unbeaten run the Udders board would of offered Clark a substantial amount to keep him. That's what makes his sacking strange.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #267 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 09:57:10 »

When I found out he had been sacked that was my first thought too mate.

gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 10:16:42 »

Clark hasn't done a very good job there though. He took over when they were 6th in Lge 1 so he's taken them nowhere in 3 years having spent a shed load of money. With their squad they should be looking for better than the playoffs so after 2 failures in the final I can see why they got rid.

People go on about his record of something like losing 3 in the last 54 games but surely a team with that record shouldn't be 12 points off top having played a game more. Too many draws can be a bad thing. That squad should have been in the Championship long ago.

Not sure it's got anything to do with the Leeds job.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 10:34:46 »

Totally agree.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: