Pages: 1 ... 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1980400 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7260 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 09:35:12 »

It would be interesting if Frank Lampard got the job up there, if only for the managerial rivalry between Lampard and Gerrard.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7261 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 10:48:22 »

It would be interesting if Frank Lampard got the job up there, if only for the managerial rivalry between Lampard and Gerrard.
It would take a club of the stature of Celtic to convince Lampard to get back into managing.

Even though the Scottish Prem is an awful standard from what I have watched (no offence to the Scots fans like yourself BO) you cannot underestimate the size of both Celtic and Rangers, they are easily as big as almost every Englich Prem club barring the top 4 or 5 but the level of their Prem league is about L1 at best.

Can they convince him that their yearly 4 or 5 match foray into European football is enough to take him up there as they are pretty much expected to win every league game, it did wonders for the ailing career of Brendan Rodgers catapaulting his stock hugely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7262 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 12:09:19 »

It would take a club of the stature of Celtic to convince Lampard to get back into managing.

Even though the Scottish Prem is an awful standard from what I have watched (no offence to the Scots fans like yourself BO) you cannot underestimate the size of both Celtic and Rangers, they are easily as big as almost every Englich Prem club barring the top 4 or 5 but the level of their Prem league is about L1 at best.

Can they convince him that their yearly 4 or 5 match foray into European football is enough to take him up there as they are pretty much expected to win every league game, it did wonders for the ailing career of Brendan Rodgers catapaulting his stock hugely.

No offence taken PV, I only really watch Hearts games and they are in the league below which is a tragically bad standard! 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #7263 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 12:33:10 »

I would say Rangers and Celtic fan base wise are as you said as big as anyone in the Premiership..

However quality wise they are both lower end of the Premiership....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7264 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 12:34:51 »

No offence taken PV, I only really watch Hearts games and they are in the league below which is a tragically bad standard!  
My best mate lives between Perth and Dundee so I go with him once or twice a year normally to watch St Johnstone play. It really isn't very good quality if you get outside of the big 4/5 teams and even they struggle at times.

It is full of so many failed L1/L2 players like Hylton and Obika who all seem to be of a standard capable of competing in the Scottish prem.

I would say Rangers and Celtic fan base wise are as you said as big as anyone in the Premiership..

However quality wise they are both lower end of the Premiership....
I would say mid table Championship level TBH mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7265 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 12:38:50 »

For my sins I watch a fare amount of it unfortunately, up the Hibees

I don’t think you can say the Scottish Prem is the standard of just one league down here. For what’s it worth the old firm could normally both hold their own around lower midtable in the EPL. Side like Hibs, Aberdeen, couple of others are easily solid Championship teams, the rest are anywhere from lower Championship to us.

Rangers are a seriously good team this season, their European results prove that
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7266 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 12:41:20 »

My best mate lives between Perth and Dundee so I go with him once or twice a year normally to watch St Johnstone play. It really isn't very good quality if you get outside of the big 4/5 teams and even they struggle at times.

It is full of so many failed L1/L2 players like Hylton and Obika who all seem to be of a standard capable of competing in the Scottish prem.

Back in their 'heydey' when Rangers and Celtic were doing relatively well in the Champs league you could easily present a case for them being solid EPL sides, but recently in my opinon they would struggle in the Premier league. The fact is that Rangers are 18 points ahead and have players such as James Tavernier, Ryan Kent, Joe Aribo, Glen Kamara, Kemar Roofe and Jermaine Defoe in their side who are probably Championship/lower end Prem players.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7267 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 13:03:57 »

But would they attract and afford better players if they were in the Prem, thus become competative?

Not that they should be allowed to join
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7268 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 13:12:45 »

Why anyone would even contemplate those 2 in any level of English football is beyond me. Who would want hordes of hairy arsed Sweaties descending on our green and pleasant land every other week.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7269 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 14:04:33 »

Why anyone would even contemplate those 2 in any level of English football is beyond me. Who would want hordes of hairy arsed Sweaties descending on our green and pleasant land every other week.

Maybe for a bit of interest? I can't remember the last time I watched an EPL game, no interest in it at all. Perhaps if Rangers and Celtic were in it instead of say Burnley and West Brom it may peak a little bit of interest.

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #7270 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 15:11:19 »

Maybe for a bit of interest? I can't remember the last time I watched an EPL game, no interest in it at all. Perhaps if Rangers and Celtic were in it instead of say Burnley and West Brom it may peak a little bit of interest.
Do you work for Sky or BT Sports?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7271 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 15:17:52 »

When we are looking for a new boss - soon, hopefully - maybe take a punt on Ian Culverhouse who has done wonders at Kings Lynn.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7272 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 15:36:16 »

Do you work for Sky or BT Sports?

No, why?

Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #7273 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 15:37:24 »

Mid table Championship would actually be closer thinking about it..

When failed championship and L1 players look like World beaters you know your not that good..... Cases in point Adam Rooney and Miles Storey who were average at best in L1 but were hotshots in the SPL
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7274 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 16:05:58 »

Adam Rooney wasn’t a failed league one striker by any means

And miles storey wasn’t an SPL hotshot

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: