Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1981670 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7215 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 18:00:38 »

It would be funny if Mr. Sheridan has some publicly unknown "great friendship" with Mr. Lansdown...

I'd piss myself if it was Ian Holloway but then if their fans have touted Steve Cotterill (get well soon if not already), it's not a wild speculation.

I mentioned Frank Lampard the other day but he could command a high fee. His best mate though is looking for his first managerial gig, so it wouldn't surprise me to see John "I'll shag your wife" Terry roll up from a short trip down the M5.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7216 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 08:33:35 »

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/michael-appleton-and-bristol-city-what-do-we-know-so-far-is-it-likely-to-happen/

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7217 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 17:21:30 »

Bournemouth have made a formal approach for Thierry Henry from FC Montreal
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7218 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 09:50:18 »

Va Va Voom😀

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7219 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 14:54:31 »

Barrow sack Michael Jolley.

2nd manager to be sacked there this season
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7220 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 15:45:14 »

Bournemouth have made a formal approach for Thierry Henry from FC Montreal
And have appointed Woodgate anyway.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7221 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:22:27 »

Looks like Barton to be announced as Rovers manager tomorrow and

Nigel Pearson to Shitheads
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #7222 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:26:15 »

Pearson and Barton. What could possibly go wrong?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7223 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:32:57 »

Pearson and Barton. What could possibly go wrong?

How nice that the City of Bristol will be welcoming two gentleman to their football clubs😀

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7224 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:59:53 »

If he gets the combination right, Pearson will do well at Bristol City. He's a dick but he's a decent manager and I'd go as far to say he built the squad that earned Leicester a Premier League title only 5yrs ago.

It had been a little unsettled for Pearson after Leicester but I still find him being sacked at Watford pretty bizarre. I think he would've kept them up. Mind you Watford were (might still be) quite the basket case in terms of getting through more managers quicker than you can say Vicarage Road.

He's "very much" from my neck of the woods but if he "moves", I think he'll like it in Bristol.

He got and kept Leicester there, was likely to keep Watford there so I can see the thinking behind the appointment as Lansdown must know, if Bristol City can get over the line (with Pearson), then there is a good chance he could keep them above the dotted line and make them a Premier League club. Yuk!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7225 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 21:03:43 »

If he gets the combination right, Pearson will do well at Bristol City. He's a dick but he's a decent manager and I'd go as far to say he built the squad that earned Leicester a Premier League title only 5yrs ago.

It had been a little unsettled for Pearson after Leicester but I still find him being sacked at Watford pretty bizarre. I think he would've kept them up. Mind you Watford were (might still be) quite the basket case in terms of getting through more managers quicker than you can say Vicarage Road.

He's "very much" from my neck of the woods but if he "moves", I think he'll like it in Bristol.

He got and kept Leicester there, was likely to keep Watford there so I can see the thinking behind the appointment as Lansdown must know, if Bristol City can get over the line (with Pearson), then there is a good chance he could keep them above the dotted line and make them a Premier League club. Yuk!

Wasn't there rumours of a dressing room bust up that got him the sack at Watford? There's no doubting his managerial ability but still doubts about his nasty personality

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7226 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 21:04:32 »

Very briefly, Pearson appears to be a good option for BCFC. Nowadays, I just think of Bob Mortimer's impersonation of him.

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #7227 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 21:06:34 »

Pearson really isn't a dick. Bar the ostrich nonsense, every interview I hear with him makes him out to be an intelligent, considered person.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #7228 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 21:17:11 »

Pearson really isn't a dick. Bar the ostrich nonsense, every interview I hear with him makes him out to be an intelligent, considered person.
Unfortunately I think it's a good appointment.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7229 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 22:02:35 »

Lolly lolz, come on Panda, that's the only take away you took from my post?! People will always find something I guess  Roll Eyes

I wasn't even meaning the Ostrich reference. I thought it was all chip paper at the time and laughable. Very much how the Drysdale stuff is becoming a very dramatic reaction too.  With Pearson, the Palace "throatgate" incident he likely regrets and from people I know at Derby, they said he came across as someone who thought he was bigger than the club and quite arrogant. No crime, just a bit...dickish.

Whilst I still think he is a "a dick" (if that's what my post will be assessed on), I couldn't care less so much. There are worse managers and I've already laid out that he's a decent manager and could do very well at Ashton Gate.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: