Pages: 1 ... 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1981033 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6135 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 09:28:36 »

That's true but I just think it would take something better than Bolton* or Wigan to tempt him away i.e. one of the clubs I mentioned if they are looking this time next year.

*Hold on a minute though, Evatt's gone to Bolton hasn't he? Or is that not official yet?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6136 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 09:34:02 »

That's true but I just think it would take something better than Bolton* or Wigan to tempt him away i.e. one of the clubs I mentioned if they are looking this time next year.

*Hold on a minute though, Evatt's gone to Bolton hasn't he? Or is that not official yet?

It's hard to keep up with Bolton these days so who knows!

So, give no fucks
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6137 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 09:36:20 »

ATM we don't know what is happening with our football club, idle speculation is fair enough, but is no more than that.  We have very little in the way of facts to go on, if 20/21 does indeed get under way.  Anything could happen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6138 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 09:40:30 »

Wellens has already managed a basket case club in Oldham.

The way he talks about his time there I can’t imagine he’s in any rush to manage another basket case club, even if there were on his door step.

He won’t do the commute for ever and will eventually manage a club closer to home but I don’t think he’ll jump at any opportunity unless it’s a good one...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6139 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 09:48:29 »

Yes he signed 4 days ago, Evatt did his first interview as new head coach then.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6140 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 10:07:27 »

ATM we don't know what is happening with our football club, idle speculation is fair enough, but is no more than that.  We have very little in the way of facts to go on, if 20/21 does indeed get under way.  Anything could happen...
Well that's certainly true. Football right now is one huge ball of confusion and uncertainty. Wellens recent comments just made me think that maybe, just maybe we were a little better off than some other clubs (Lyden signing a new deal, putting in an offer for Yates, offering a deal to Donohue)...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08jrxff

But yeah, who the fuck knows really?? No

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6141 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 10:08:57 »

Yes he signed 4 days ago, Evatt did his first interview as new head coach then.
Cheers JJ...I'm sure RW wouldn't have had any interest in going there when the position was open... Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6142 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 10:20:43 »

Cheers JJ...I'm sure RW wouldn't have had any interest in going there when the position was open... Wink

Absolutely mate, Bolton are still a basket case club, another year without being able to sign players that are not out of contract (not that thats a massive issue) but having his hands tied with a budget of £1m a season less that he will have at Swindon too....absolute no brainer for him to not even consider it.

I doubt we would be making players new contract offers and also trying to actually BUY Yates means that we are not in the serious financialy problems that several are suggesting, on here and elsewhere.

Of course that can change month by month but I think we as fans can take some confidence that we should be ok financially if we are doing that at this stage when others are massively cutting their cloth and releasing players/managers/staff when we have offered new deals to every player that Wellens wants to keep plus making a transfer fee offer for Yates.

Who knows, if some clubs still go into admin then harsh as it sounds we will be in a far better position if say 3 or 4 clubs in League 1 enter into admin this Summer, as has been suggested as possible, then we automatically start 12 points better off than them in the table, not great to benefit from others demise but needs must at a difficult time.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6143 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 12:20:03 »

Absolutely mate, Bolton are still a basket case club, another year without being able to sign players that are not out of contract (not that thats a massive issue) but having his hands tied with a budget of £1m a season less that he will have at Swindon too....absolute no brainer for him to not even consider it.

I doubt we would be making players new contract offers and also trying to actually BUY Yates means that we are not in the serious financialy problems that several are suggesting, on here and elsewhere.

Of course that can change month by month but I think we as fans can take some confidence that we should be ok financially if we are doing that at this stage when others are massively cutting their cloth and releasing players/managers/staff when we have offered new deals to every player that Wellens wants to keep plus making a transfer fee offer for Yates.

Who knows, if some clubs still go into admin then harsh as it sounds we will be in a far better position if say 3 or 4 clubs in League 1 enter into admin this Summer, as has been suggested as possible, then we automatically start 12 points better off than them in the table, not great to benefit from others demise but needs must at a difficult time.

‘Who knows, if some clubs still go into admin then harsh as it sounds we will be in a far better position if say 3 or 4 clubs in League 1 enter into admin this Summer, as has been suggested as possible, then we automatically start 12 points better off than them in the table, not great to benefit from others demise but needs must at a difficult time.‘

True, though others have done so at our expense on more than one occasion and in the competitive world it is a dog eat dog arena.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6144 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 12:28:54 »

True, though others have done so at our expense on more than one occasion and in the competitive world it is a dog eat dog arena.
Exactly this, the last being Bournemouth with Ritchie that I can remember.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6145 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 12:59:05 »

Before anyone posts otherwise...

Alan Nixon was asked by someone who'd he'd 'fancy' for the Bristol City job.

He answered Richie Wellens.

This is an opinion - not a rumour or, at this moment in time, an actual thing.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6146 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 13:57:38 »

I must admit, they are a big underachieving club. They have a big stadium that can attract large crows. They also have an owner who has pumped in a fortune over the years. There must be something behind the scenes. They seem to have everything that they need to become a Premier league team, but they never seem to achieve anything. Something must be run badly behind the scenes to make it thus.

I'm not sure if that's the case. Derby County are a prime example too. They likely have one of the best training set ups outside the Premiership as well as stadia that (in normal times) has around 23k season ticket holders every season. With a capacity of c33k and allowing for away capacity of about 3k their home support is consistently over 76.5% full before counting any walk ups. I'm certain they generally hit around 30k every home game (even if playing Ipswich/Wigan on a wet Tues night.

I think it is just a case that it is likely difficult to sustain as a mid table Championship club. Sustaining a top 6 spot is then even more difficult. The carrot of the Prem, for owners alike makes it very competitive. Some will say, even more competitive than the Prem. Lots chuck money at it, (Derby definitely have) but they don't achieve regardless of the quality of infrastructure or playing staff. It can obviously help if you have access to the likes of Mason Mount instead of Olly Lancashire but if you're all playing the same/similar tune then it levels out a bit.

Good old fashioned luck, decisions in pivotal games can likely be the maker of your fate, as opposed to whether or not someone else spent 0.3% more than you on agent fees in a season...or something else.

As someone on here said though, there's too many variables or imponderables for it to just fall down to one element.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6147 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 15:31:56 »

Micky Mellon set to be named Dundee United manager.

Tranmere probably composing another statement as we speak...

Popcorn
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6148 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 15:35:55 »

Seems a odd one that but 3rd place is always a possibility for about 10 teams in that league so why not
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6149 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 15:47:04 »

Mellon has spent a large part of his managerial career in either Non-League or L2 so with that in mine I think I'd be up for a Scottish Prem job with that in mind.

His accent has survived pretty well after 30+ years away from his native Scotland.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: