Pages: 1 ... 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1986299 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4830 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 17:52:56 »

I think he will do well. I’d also recommend his book, superb read.
I’ve always liked Barton for some reason, behind the thuggish acts of violence I think he’s actually an intelligent bloke who really knows his football.
Alternatively he genuinely is a horrible cunt who is unintelligent but pretends to be. Either way I'm not sure why Fleetwood wouldn't secure Sheridan. He did a cracking job there.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #4831 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 17:56:56 »

Alternatively he genuinely is a horrible cunt who is unintelligent but pretends to be. Either way I'm not sure why Fleetwood wouldn't secure Sheridan. He did a cracking job there.

My friend did a course with him, he's certainly not a thick man but he does try to come across as more intelligent than he is.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #4832 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 05:47:45 »

I'm a big fan of Joey Barton. Personally think he's an underrated player (probably because of his aggression). I look forward to watching how he gets on.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4833 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 06:48:49 »

A player who was always committed, passionate and hard-working. If he applies that to management I can see him doing well.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4834 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 07:09:39 »

A player who was always committed, passionate and hard-working. If he applies that to management I can see him doing well.

Sounds like the management disaster that is Stuart Pearce

I come from a land down-under
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4835 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 07:16:38 »

PASHUN

Things get better but they never get good
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4836 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 09:13:13 »

My gut feeling is that Barton will be a train wreck. I've listened to him on Talk Sport a few times and he never comes across well.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4837 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 09:23:38 »

My gut feeling is that Barton will be a train wreck. I've listened to him on Talk Sport a few times and he never comes across well.
I agree, he doesn't seem very intelligent to me but intelligence has not always made a good manager and visa versa.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4838 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 09:48:01 »

I agree, he doesn't seem very intelligent to me but intelligence has not always made a good manager and visa versa.

Intelligemce in a general sense is difficult to define.  Best to think of intelligent behaviours, and in football management, cunning is a major requirement.

One of the great maangers of British football was Bob Paisley.... I remember a retro interview, played a couple of years ago on 5Live with BP.

He was asked why he never became England manager.... his answer was brilliant....... oh never fancied it.  Yes I could have put out a decent team, but I'm not very good with words so couldn't have done the other stuff.

I remember Lawrensen saying when he met Paisley to discuss signing, he was in the office wearing his slippers... that impressed him becasue it suggested calm and permanance.

Although Paisley gave the impression of being a bit of a kindly old uncle, it masked a forensic football brain.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4839 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:09:15 »

This would appear to be yet another owner who wants a name. Tranmere had a name in Barnes. Birmingham got a name in Zola. Lincoln got a name in Sutton. They've got a manager who has dragged them out of the bottom 4 to upper half of the table in pretty short time.
I can't see it ending well. Maybe Nile Ranger will get a player manager gig somewhere.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4840 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:17:19 »

Intelligemce in a general sense is difficult to define.  Best to think of intelligent behaviours
That's a very good point and extremely well put (even allowing for the typo Smiley ). But equally I think we can all spot a bullshitter and Barton fucking reeks of it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4841 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:19:22 »

This would appear to be yet another owner who wants a name. Tranmere had a name in Barnes. Birmingham got a name in Zola. Lincoln got a name in Sutton. They've got a manager who has dragged them out of the bottom 4 to upper half of the table in pretty short time.
I can't see it ending well. Maybe Nile Ranger will get a player manager gig somewhere.

I turned on the box last night, and Steve MacMahon came into view when the valves warmed up.... a nasty shock.  Some Sky late night talking head show.... I thought he was out in Australia or Flasher's way.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4842 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:23:15 »

I turned on the box last night, and Steve MacMahon came into view when the valves warmed up.... a nasty shock.  Some Sky late night talking head show.... I thought he was out in Australia or Flasher's way.
Don't think hes had a job in over 10 years, could be wrong though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4843 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:26:30 »

Typical Scouser
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4844 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:29:45 »

Looks to have teamed up with another of our former managers.

http://bootroomacademies.com/

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: