Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1984609 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4800 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:52:21 »

no doubt he will be unveiled as manager of another prem club very soon  
He is definately a "jobbing" manager who has won quite lterally nothing as a manager, the FL Trophy when with Southampton otherwise a few promotions (no titles) and some runners up medals.

Yet he still manages to get regular employment at the higest level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sir red ken

« Reply #4801 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:53:12 »

To be fair its only 1 or maybe 2 people saying that, and they have been shouted down.

http://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33492&sid=2a1e4773668db5b07f61548e3fac9979
If he looses the next 2 games it will be more than 1 or 2 fans. Looking long term if he spunks away their promotion( they were nailed on for the playoffs before he joined) He's not going to be wanted by the club in the summer.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4802 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 13:57:38 »

Pardew sacked from WBA.

Well he got a free holiday to Barcelona out of it, so not all bad Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4803 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 14:16:01 »

Pardew sacked from WBA.
Seems a bit pointless now really. Why bother?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4804 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 16:29:09 »

Seems a bit pointless now really. Why bother?

Nicky Hammond is their DoF.  Pardew was brought in as the Baggies fans had got fed up with Pulis, and wanted a bit more football, presumably Nicky remembered Pardew from the Reading days and thought he might provide it.   Their fans pretty much accepted they were going down, but thought it a price worth paying to see something more sexy.

I've no idea if Pardew managed that. Presumably not.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4805 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 18:59:55 »

Nicky Hammond is their DoF.  Pardew was brought in as the Baggies fans had got fed up with Pulis, and wanted a bit more football, presumably Nicky remembered Pardew from the Reading days and thought he might provide it.   Their fans pretty much accepted they were going down, but thought it a price worth paying to see something more sexy.

I've no idea if Pardew managed that. Presumably not.
I get why he was sacked, just don't understand the timing. Why wait until they're already down? Why not do it earlier when there was a (slim) chance someone could have turned it round? Or, having decided to stick with him in the hope he could turn it round, what do they gain by sacking him now?
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #4806 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 19:26:36 »

I get why he was sacked, just don't understand the timing. Why wait until they're already down? Why not do it earlier when there was a (slim) chance someone could have turned it round? Or, having decided to stick with him in the hope he could turn it round, what do they gain by sacking him now?

Makes perfect sense really. They kept Pardew long enough to give him a chance of keeping WBA up. It didn’t work and they don’t fancy Pardew for next season.

May as well get a new manager in now who has 6 games to assess the squad and see what changes are needed for next season.  The new manager can then see what new players are needed and try and address whatever issues the club has behind the scenes.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4807 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 19:30:52 »

Hasslebank sacked from Northampton

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4808 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:14:37 »

It has been blindingly obvious that Pardew wouldn't stick around if they went down, I think in his over inflated idea of himself he see's himself as a premier manager only.

So get rid as part of the process of preparing for next season, makes perfect sense for all really.

And hopefully will spell the end for Pardew in the Premier League -  the egotistical wanker!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #4809 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 18:42:43 »

Just a thought but perhaps WBA have a replacement in mind and who is available now. It could be a bit of a risk waiting until the end of the season when the merry-go-round will be in full spin.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4810 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 18:49:20 »

West Brom strike me as a bit of a crisis club at the moment (relatively speaking). A very elederly squad, a fanbase that’s left them and the chief exec recently came out and said they had no money. Wouldn’t be too surprisrd if they mirrored Sunderland next year

Things get better but they never get good
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #4811 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 20:03:59 »

I wish we had "no money".....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/26/west-brom-finances-chief-executive-shocked-wages

Jenkins’s remarks came even though accounts filed up to June 2017 show pre-tax profits rose to £39.7m from £1m.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4812 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:01:37 »

McCarthy left Ipswich with immediate effect, not waiting until end of season
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4813 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:13:41 »

McCarthy left Ipswich with immediate effect, not waiting until end of season
"@Stuart_Watson

BREAKING: Mick McCarthy has quit #itfc
- Speaks for 3mins about game then says on reaction to Cotter sub:
'That was disgraceful reaction but listen I won't have to listen to it again because that's my last game, I'm out of here'.
Bangs desk with hands and marches out press room
"
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4814 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 12:13:11 »

"@Stuart_Watson

BREAKING: Mick McCarthy has quit #itfc
- Speaks for 3mins about game then says on reaction to Cotter sub:
'That was disgraceful reaction but listen I won't have to listen to it again because that's my last game, I'm out of here'.
Bangs desk with hands and marches out press room
"

I would have preferred he stayed in employment until our managerial situation is sorted
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: