Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1981545 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4680 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 10:23:53 »

Sven Goran Eriksson 4/1 for the Oxford job
Cheesy this makes me laugh.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4681 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 10:54:36 »

Actually I make that now 7 weeks without a new manager in place with pretty much every out of work manager or ex top division player who wants a go at being manager linked and made favourite for a time.

Lampard, Robinson, Bellamy, Appleton, McDermott, Stubbs, Davies, Brown, Kluivert, Beale, Grayson and now Sven.

They really are a bit of a joke and a laughing stock and for once I do actually feel slightly sorry for their fans, no club deserves to be run like that, a genuine laughing stock.

On the plus side though...the longer they are managerless the greater chance they will be relegated, so its all good.

I am glad Power chose quickly appointing Brown.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 10:56:48 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4682 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 10:56:55 »

Not been linked with Coterill yet!

You'd think SGE would be wary given the Notts County fiasco..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4683 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 10:58:49 »

Not been linked with Coterill yet!

You'd think SGE would be wary given the Notts County fiasco..
Cotterill and them would be a perfect match.

SGE had his fingers burnt by County and under his leadership they nearly went bust, bring it on.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4684 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:25:07 »

They really are a bit of a joke and a laughing stock and for once I do actually feel slightly sorry for their fans, no club deserves to be run like that, a genuine laughing stock.

No need to feel sorry for them, they've a long history of hounding out, perfectly decent managers. A habit our fans have recently acquired with Flitters.

You can go back to someone like Ian Atkins who was gaffer when they beat us in the FA Cup, he had them up the top end of Div 4, but they moaned about the style of football. Kassam not knowing much about football, listened and so sacked Atkins and got someone considered a top end coach, Rix, his work at Chelsea at the time was considered state of the art.

They got relegated to the Conference soon after.   Wilder, who has shown subsequently to be a canny operator was similarly hounded out.

Clotet, in his first season, had them just outside the PO, by all accounts trying to play "Spanish" style football.  

But not good enough, given they were around their highest league position for all of the 21st Century, and a club who've never been in the PO's in their 30 years of existence, it makes you wonder, what they expect  Hmmm

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4685 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:26:02 »

No need to feel sorry for them, they've a long history of hounding out, perfectly decent managers. A habit our fans have recently acquired with Flitters.
Trumpian levels of trolling there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4686 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:32:31 »

Trumpian levels of trolling there.

I feel the comparison is justified...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4687 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:36:19 »

Did we hound out Flitcroft? Sure, many weren’t happy at the style but I never heard a ‘Flitcroft Out’ chant.

He must be a thin-skinned fucker if he jumped ship cos we didn’t appreciate him enough.

Diddums
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4688 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:41:24 »

Did we hound out Flitcroft? Sure, many weren’t happy at the style but I never heard a ‘Flitcroft Out’ chant.

He must be a thin-skinned fucker if he jumped ship cos we didn’t appreciate him enough.

Diddums
This.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4689 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:52:36 »

Diddums

David like many individuals needs to "feel the warmth" he wasn't at the CG.  I am reassured at least in the short term, that Power has at least got in an experienced head. It's not worth worry about next season just yet.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4690 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 12:08:06 »

There hasn't been warmth for a manager for a while at the CG. Flitters - no, Williams - no - Cooper - no. McDonald - no. Paolo - yes by most but not by all.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4691 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 12:08:24 »

He’d feel my warmth when I piss on him!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4692 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 12:22:30 »

There hasn't been warmth for a manager for a while at the CG. Flitters - no, Williams - no - Cooper - no. McDonald - no. Paolo - yes by most but not by all.

Probably only Ling since PDC?

Sadly, we'll never know how his tenure would have panned out over the longer term.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4693 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 12:31:30 »

Did he bollocks, he knew full well he wasn't going to achieve the goals set here of getting promoted and so was likely to get the push so when he was offered more money by a rival, he jumped ship. Simple.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4694 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 12:38:48 »

Being manager of Swindon Town is like making love to a beautiful woman.

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: