Pages: 1 ... 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1981326 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4350 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 14:20:20 »

Great news for the ‘Rooney Rule’ brigade.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 14:48:01 by Quagmire » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4351 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 12:17:04 »

and it begins.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42803812
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4352 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 12:31:52 »

I saw yesterday someone retweeted something he'd said 3 or 4 years ago. To be honest, I find it a little sad that people go to the effort of trawling through years and years of someone's social media history just to kick up shit.

You can't say/do anything without fear of repercussion for something that you don't even know about yet.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4353 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 12:48:27 »

I saw yesterday someone retweeted something he'd said 3 or 4 years ago. To be honest, I find it a little sad that people go to the effort of trawling through years and years of someone's social media history just to kick up shit.

You can't say/do anything without fear of repercussion for something that you don't even know about yet.

That is the trouble with social media you have to watch what you say these days sadly as there is always someone that wants to drag something up you said 10 years ago just because they can and dont like you
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4354 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 12:57:31 »

That is the trouble with social media you have to watch what you say these days sadly as there is always someone that wants to drag something up you said 10 years ago just because they can and dont like you

Thing is, its the same as the many recent political appointments, does no one not do any bloody due diligence on such matters these days.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4355 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 13:28:50 »

The trouble with social media is you can't say shitty things without consequence?

It's a plus in my book.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4356 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 13:38:34 »

The trouble with social media is you can't say shitty things without consequence?

It's a plus in my book.

Sure it was just bantz*  Head Hurts

*Which seems to have become the accepted term in recent times for just being an unfunny wanker?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4357 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 13:39:05 »

It's a plus in my book.

To a point.

Mob mentality from the over easily offended/offended on behalf of/vindictive shits can literally ruin a persons life. Especially given the modern way of not being able to apply context to anything, ever.

No idea if Neville really believed what he said, neither does anyone else. So yeah, he shouldn't have written it if he didn't, but should he be destroyed because of it?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #4358 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 13:49:32 »

It's a plus in my book.
Disagree to a certain extent mate. Should someone really run the risk of of being penalised for something said along time ago.  15 year old kids for example can totally change in a space of years
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4359 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 14:02:50 »

Playing Devil's Advocate to a certain degree, but at the end of the day you reap what you sow.

I don't think what he said was that bad to be honest (I've definitely said worse), but he did say it. Is it appropriate to be England women's manager and hold those views?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4360 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 14:16:09 »

Playing Devil's Advocate to a certain degree, but at the end of the day you reap what you sow.

I don't think what he said was that bad to be honest (I've definitely said worse), but he did say it. Is it appropriate to be England women's manager and hold those views?
Probably not, but isn't the claim that he doesn't actually hold those views, but that he was joking. Whether domestic violence is an appropriate topic for humour is another discussion, but it's different from the Tory politician similarly caught out by something he blogged a few years ago who seems to have apologised for the phrasing, but tried to defend the broad views expressed (that the unemployed shouldn't breed).
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #4361 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 14:22:52 »

Think it does depend on the subject and what was really meant by it
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4362 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 14:22:56 »

The problem with the "I was only joking" excuse is that it assumes the person has the right to say whatever they like AND the right to choose how people react to what they have said.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4363 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 14:41:37 »

That tweet is clearly him taking the piss out of his own comment, people are very precious online these days.  I'm no fan, but having seen some (no doubt well edited) insights into his family life, I doubt very much the bloke has a bad bone in his body.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4364 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 17:02:56 »

That tweet is clearly him taking the piss out of his own comment, people are very precious online these days.  I'm no fan, but having seen some (no doubt well edited) insights into his family life, I doubt very much the bloke has a bad bone in his body.

We have a winner.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: