Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1982934 times)
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #3825 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 15:11:53 »

He could be our DOFs spokesperson!

When you're smiling.........
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3826 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 15:24:25 »

As well as or instead of?
I'd have him instead of Williams / Sherwood, although the jury is still out on Sherwood. Williams has zero credibility with me. Whether that's fair on Williams or not I don't know but it certainly ain't working.
I rate Rowett as highly as I rate Rochdale's Hill. 
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #3827 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 15:40:43 »

Maybe he could be our Director of Director of Football?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3828 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 15:47:33 »

Maybe he could be our Director of Director of Football?
or just plain old manager - a bit old fashioned I know, but hey ho
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3829 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 16:37:27 »

Being replaced by Zola.
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #3830 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 18:33:47 »

In all seriousness, there is zero chance someone like Rowett (or Keith Hill for that matter) would want to come here. You'd like to think that Rowett will be given the credit he deserves for the job he did at Birmingham, not forgetting the very decent job he did at Burton also. Laid the foundations for all the good things that have gone on there over the past couple of years.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3831 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 18:39:46 »

A sullen reminder of the low-grade club we've become. The days of attracting the likes of Macari/Ardiles/Hoddle and, yes, even McMahon are a distant memory.

On a personal note, I can only hope I can get to see some more glory days before the Grim Reaper comes a-calling.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #3832 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 19:10:57 »

Ex Swindon assistant Kevin Summerfield getting boot from Brum aswell.

Sent from my MotoG3
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3833 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 19:25:42 »

A sullen reminder of the low-grade club we've become. The days of attracting the likes of Macari/Ardiles/Hoddle and, yes, even McMahon are a distant memory.

On a personal note, I can only hope I can get to see some more glory days before the Grim Reaper comes a-calling.

In the pre-macary days, the Town spent a total of 7 seasons in the second tier of English Football, with a high point of 5th.

IN the Macari/Ardilles/Hoddle era we had another 7 seasons in the second tier, with the 1 season in the first tier.

Since then, we have had 4 more seasons at that level, with a best of 17th.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but history would suggest we've had our purple patch and it may be some time before we have another
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3834 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 19:29:35 »

Same here.  Vanarama play off final anyone?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3835 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 19:31:43 »

Hahahahaha

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3836 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 19:56:20 »

In the pre-macary days, the Town spent a total of 7 seasons in the second tier of English Football, with a high point of 5th.

IN the Macari/Ardilles/Hoddle era we had another 7 seasons in the second tier, with the 1 season in the first tier.

Since then, we have had 4 more seasons at that level, with a best of 17th.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but history would suggest we've had our purple patch and it may be some time before we have another
Absolutely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3837 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 20:25:08 »

Nevertheless, being probably Swindon's longest lasting cultural manifestation, regularly watched by numbers of people far in excess of what any other in the Town can attract is still rightly a source of some pride. 

Which is why retaining our Div 3 status should be seen as a decent achievement if we can manage it. 
REDBUCK

« Reply #3838 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 20:32:24 »

On a personal note, I ca
n only hope I can get to see some more glory days before the Grim Reaper comes a-calling.

I hate to educate you but we have always been a low grade club
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3839 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 22:44:02 »

Nevertheless, being probably Swindon's longest lasting cultural manifestation, regularly watched by numbers of people far in excess of what any other in the Town can attract is still rightly a source of some pride.
And you're right to be proud of that Reg, but we were talking about the football club
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: