Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1983900 times)
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #3705 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 13:16:52 »

Makes you realise there are a fair few unattached players floating around out there, I suspect they are all on decent money but we could shop around at the appropriate level?

Surely if they are unattached they are on no money at all.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3706 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 13:25:24 »

Surely if they are unattached they are on no money at all.

I think Horlock07 meant were on good money.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3707 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 14:01:40 »

I think Horlock07 meant were on good money.

I probably should have said would be expecting good money.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3708 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 14:03:14 »

I probably should have said would be expecting good money.
Both valid Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3709 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 11:36:49 »

Makes you realise there are a fair few unattached players floating around out there, I suspect they are all on decent money but we could shop around at the appropriate level?

I suppose if we were to shop in the bargain bin then any players would likely be unfit by now and take a while to get up to match fitness and the trouble we are in we would need someone to come in and at least be able to play 60-70 mins before getting back up to full fitness and getting their sharpness in front of goal.  I suppose it is not beyond the realms of possibility but likely a long shot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3710 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 11:44:41 »

McLaren in Derby talks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37630067

WTF!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3711 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:53:46 »

So the racism stuff has come about again. Dwight Yorke reckons he didn't get the villa managers job due to racism.

Nothing to do with your inexperience then fella...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3712 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 11:06:10 »

So the racism stuff has come about again. Dwight Yorke reckons he didn't get the villa managers job due to racism.

Nothing to do with your inexperience then fella...

No. He said he didn't even get an interview and that it was probably due to both inexperience and a bit of racism. When 25 - 30 % of the players in the UK are black and there's only 2 black managers out of 92 (just a touch over 2%) what do you think it might be down to? Are black people just generally less likely to do their badges and be good managers?

I'm no social justice warrior but it's fucking backwards to not at least entertain the idea that there might be a problem with racism in football management.

A super fast google brings up this report. Check out the graph on page 7:

http://www.farenet.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/We-speak-with-one-voice.pdf
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3713 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 12:41:24 »

No. He said he didn't even get an interview and that it was probably due to both inexperience and a bit of racism. When 25 - 30 % of the players in the UK are black and there's only 2 black managers out of 92 (just a touch over 2%) what do you think it might be down to? Are black people just generally less likely to do their badges and be good managers?

I'm no social justice warrior but it's fucking backwards to not at least entertain the idea that there might be a problem with racism in football management.

They've only just started to entertain the fact that there are loads of gay footballers too afraid to come out due to homosexuality. It will be a while yet before they admit racism too.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3714 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 12:50:36 »

They've only just started to entertain the fact that there are loads of gay footballers too afraid to come out due to homosexuality. It will be a while yet before they admit racism too.
This makes no sense at all...

It's All Good..............
woolster

« Reply #3715 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 13:02:40 »

just because he never got an interview doesn't mean its raciest either, how many people in the normal world send off CV's and don't get an interview,
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 13:05:00 by woolster » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3716 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 13:09:46 »

This makes no sense at all...

I think he meant due to homophobia.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3717 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 13:20:53 »

I think he meant due to homophobia.
That one, I'm blaming my phone for autocorrecting.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3718 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 13:34:46 »

How many English managers in the Premier League, so yes I think you are right the Premier League is racist with their anti-English tendencies
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3719 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 13:47:01 »

Perhaps there aren't any gay footballers

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: