Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1982294 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2535 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 11:21:29 »

IF Cooper goes, then IF he doesn't take Williams with him, I can see him becoming our new boss.

More likely though that both or them, unless Williams fancies the managers job.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2536 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 11:30:58 »

Why exactly do people think Luke Williams would be a good Manager? Maybe he could be the next Mourinho, I have no idea. I am just fascinated to know exactly why they think this.

The concept of the 'Cone Gatherer' came about because of people pontificating on the merits of various 'number 2's' we'd had over the years. To this, my response was, 'How can anyone possibly know how much an Assistant Manager does or how good he is? All we ever see them do is pick up the cones after the pre-match kick about'...and so the Cone Gatherer was born.

What to people actually know about him?
kerry red

« Reply #2537 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 11:36:26 »

I had a number 2 this morning!

Some managers, just like players, are a perfect fit for a particular club at a particular time.

Change clubs and the 'magic' often disappears
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2538 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 11:37:20 »

Its impossible for some of our fans to give Cooper any credit, so they go with the theory it must be his no. 2 that's the genius.

To be fair, everyone raves about Williams so I guess it's not entirely implausible.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2539 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:02:09 »

Its impossible for some of our fans to give Cooper any credit, so they go with the theory it must be his no. 2 that's the genius.

To be fair, everyone raves about Williams so I guess it's not entirely implausible.
I just wonder if it's a case of 'The Emperor's New Clothes', in that people hear other people go on about him and then they start repeating the same stuff but no one really has the faintest idea if he really is any good or not. I do think that the reluctance by some to give credit to Cooper has something to do with it.

As I said, he could be a coaching genius as far as I know, but I don't pretend to know the first thing about him.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #2540 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:06:57 »

Why exactly do people think Luke Williams would be a good Manager? Maybe he could be the next Mourinho, I have no idea. I am just fascinated to know exactly why they think this.

The concept of the 'Cone Gatherer' came about because of people pontificating on the merits of various 'number 2's' we'd had over the years. To this, my response was, 'How can anyone possibly know how much an Assistant Manager does or how good he is? All we ever see them do is pick up the cones after the pre-match kick about'...and so the Cone Gatherer was born.

What to people actually know about him?

Williams comes from a passing football coaching background (Brighton) where as Cooper's previous history/style did not suggest his team would play in this manner. How much credit each deserve is a moot point but evidence would suggest that Williams' coaching is having a great influence and he and Cooper an excellent management/coaching team
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #2541 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:08:54 »

I just wonder if it's a case of 'The Emperor's New Clothes', in that people hear other people go on about him and then they start repeating the same stuff but no one really has the faintest idea if he really is any good or not. I do think that the reluctance by some to give credit to Cooper has something to do with it.

As I said, he could be a coaching genius as far as I know, but I don't pretend to know the first thing about him.

Hasnt Andy Williams credited Luke W for the work they've done on his play and  finishing? Haven't other players talked about how they work on placing the ball rather than striking it when shooting etc
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2542 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:21:21 »

Whoever has taught Andy Williams how to finish is a fucking genius.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2543 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:26:20 »

Compared to the player he was before this season, it's an amazing transformation. His finishing has gone from ridiculous to the sublime.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2544 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 15:08:37 »

I just wonder if it's a case of 'The Emperor's New Clothes', in that people hear other people go on about him and then they start repeating the same stuff but no one really has the faintest idea if he really is any good or not.

I like to call it the Miles Storey paradox...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2545 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 16:47:49 »

Compared to the player he was before this season, it's an amazing transformation. His finishing has gone from ridiculous to the sublime.

To be fair he was decent before he got injured.

Wasn't it him that scored the goal which was similar to Gazza's goal against the Sweaties in Euro 96?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2546 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 16:59:44 »

Yes, but even then he'd need 6 chances to score one goal.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2547 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 17:20:43 »

almost just too good to be true

I come from a land down-under
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2548 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 11:33:27 »

Peter Taylor sacked by gillingham
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #2549 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 11:37:25 »

Peter Taylor sacked by gillingham