Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1982271 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2505 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 20:08:59 »

But, following that through - part of the 'prophecy' is that we would be getting a couple of their players in return isn't it? That may not be not too bad - Sherwood's done alright by us so far  Hmmm

We could get the new George Barker!

Actually that's a bit cuntish, he may turn out OK but...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2506 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 20:18:04 »

We could get the new George Barker!

Actually that's a bit cuntish, he may turn out OK but...

You've been on the XMAS piss early.....never....

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2507 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 21:45:04 »

Cant see any of their decent players wanting to come down a level and also take a pretty hefty wage cut as make weights in a deal to take Mass down there.
But they have to. It's part of the Prophecy. It is written...

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2508 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 22:09:54 »

But they have to. It's part of the Prophecy. It is written...

Well as perpetrator of said prophecy, I can't pretend to have any sort of intelligent insight into this deal. But I would imagine it would be along the lines of our usual recruitment policy ie. two promising academy kids who aren't close to a first-team place.

Edit: "theoretically" / "supposedly" / "potentially" etc etc

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #2509 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 08:02:37 »

I think Sherwood would do very well there. From our perspective it's a shame though. If it is true that we'll have easy access to the reserve team, Brighton doesn't really help us. Norwich may have done, with a good youth system and better squad, but less so Brighton (unless there are more Kasims there).

Adding two and two to get five... If we were to get any of their players in as part of a Luongo deal, the only one who immediately catches the eye is Lewis Dunk, the centre back. He has only made 9 appearances this year (with 5 goals!) and was loaned out to that lot at Ashton Gate last year for a couple of games. They've a fair few in on loan and out on loan. Of those out, none stand out. Mackail-Smith is too far removed from our model - he's hit his own peak, had his big transfer and earns too much. There are some youngsters, who may be 'Kasims'... Hopefully Luke Williams knows.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2510 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 08:10:16 »

Well as perpetrator of said prophecy, I can't pretend to have any sort of intelligent insight into this deal. But I would imagine it would be along the lines of our usual recruitment policy ie. two promising academy kids who aren't close to a first-team place.

Edit: "theoretically" / "supposedly" / "potentially" etc etc
I'm sure that would be the case. Hopefully they would be more Yasser Kasim than George Barker.

(Sits back, plumps up a cushion, pours a glass of fine vintage Port and waits for the prophecy to unfold  Cool)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2511 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 08:41:56 »

He's assume to be Poyet to Cooper's Wise isn't he?!
Well, yes, although I don't think that does Cooper full credit, but my point was that they make a very good team which is working extremely well right now. And I'd be loathe to see that tampered with in any way
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2512 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 09:09:11 »

I think Sherwood would do very well there. From our perspective it's a shame though. If it is true that we'll have easy access to the reserve team, Brighton doesn't really help us. Norwich may have done, with a good youth system and better squad, but less so Brighton (unless there are more Kasims there).

Adding two and two to get five... If we were to get any of their players in as part of a Luongo deal, the only one who immediately catches the eye is Lewis Dunk, the centre back. He has only made 9 appearances this year (with 5 goals!) and was loaned out to that lot at Ashton Gate last year for a couple of games. They've a fair few in on loan and out on loan. Of those out, none stand out. Mackail-Smith is too far removed from our model - he's hit his own peak, had his big transfer and earns too much. There are some youngsters, who may be 'Kasims'... Hopefully Luke Williams knows.

We tried to sign Lewis Dunk last season I think.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2513 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 20:26:44 »

Karl Robinson to Brighton gathering momentum....
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2514 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 20:30:56 »

then Sherwood to MK Dongs

I come from a land down-under
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2515 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 21:01:04 »

Which would be a shame
Flashheart

Re:
« Reply #2516 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 21:02:07 »

Which would be a shame

I don't know, 'Agent Sherwood' has a certain ring to it.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #2517 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 21:44:17 »

Which would be a shame

Particularly if the 'prophecy' came true and resulted in Mass going to Franchise.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #2518 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 11:27:04 »

Palace sack Warnock.

"Absolute Calamity!"

Ignore
« Reply #2519 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 13:56:41 »

Palace sack Warnock.
Dunno what they expect with the resources they have?Pulis didn't fancy it and Warnock wasn't their first choice as his replacement as others didn't fancy it either.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: