Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gabilondo  (Read 8344 times)
Bosey

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:22:16 »

I couldn't make it to the game yesterday but listened on the radio and it sounded like Gabilondo has a lot of potential?

What are the opinions of people who saw him play? What can he offer the team?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:25:15 »

Greedy fucker but did well, wonder if he might be a bit fancy dan for some games but could be used as a great impact sub. He was better than easyjet.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:26:36 »

Has a bit of pace but isn't lightening fast.

Good dribbler and seems to be quite direct. Was capable of taking it down the left, but I think he's a righty. Got to the line and would get inside and drive into the box. He did this on 2 or 3 occasions. Almost scored on his first run, probably should've had an assist if he'd played the right ball.

I'd be pleased if that was my debut.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:28:05 »

Did well. Decent pace, so did well knocking it past players. But also had good feet so was good when in a tight corner. As Cookie says, he did come across a little greedy but then I do have some sympathy - on his debut in front of a big crowd, he's taken it past two or three players... bound to shoot rather than try and lay it off! Hopefully he'll settle down when he has less of a point to prove and become a valuable asset.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:29:03 »

I really rate Esajas (i assume thats who EasyJet is?) but are they not too similar a player to play together? Does sound promising, i don't think we have had anyone really confident enough to run at players since Danny Ward!
« Last Edit: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:32:35 by Bosey » Logged
woolster

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:35:07 »

I really rate Esajas but are they not too similar a player to play together? Does sound promising, i don't think we have had anyone really confident enough to run at players since Danny Ward!
good job you never went yesterday as IMO he was very poor, distribution was dire, seemed to run around alot without doing much, as people have said it will take time for them to gel
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:35:37 »

Well if one starts, the other is a more than capable replacement. Good options down the wings.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 16:28:37 »

Greedy fucker but did well

That's pretty much it.

Also helped get the crowd interested in him that his first touch was putting his head in to win a ball off the Oxscum defender's foot, his second was to shoot on goal. So nearly a dream start.
Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 16:49:48 »

His mazey run inside the box soon after he came on was class. Seemingly great dribbling.

I like the idea of a right footed player on the left who can run at defenders and cut inside and shoot (Gabilondo) and a left footed player on the right who can run at defenders and cut inside and shoot (Richie/SAS).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 17:15:21 »

His mazey run inside the box soon after he came on was class. Seemingly great dribbling.

I like the idea of a right footed player on the left who can run at defenders and cut inside and shoot (Gabilondo) and a left footed player on the right who can run at defenders and cut inside and shoot (Richie/SAS).

Where as I hate the idea of wrong footed players on the wrong side.

Ashley Young does a good job of it, no one else does...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 17:17:03 »

Where as I hate the idea of wrong footed players on the wrong side.

Ashley Young does a good job of it, no one else does...

Robben and Ribery do it very well for Bayern.

I accept that this does not necessarily mean that our players can.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 17:38:04 »

looked VERY right footed

Things get better but they never get good
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 17:49:33 »

good job you never went yesterday as IMO he was very poor, distribution was dire, seemed to run around alot without doing much, as people have said it will take time for them to gel

I agree as I thought Easy was poor yesterday. Didn't "appear" to have a great deal of confidence. Gabby looked great with his 1st run but, in my opinion, i am not sure that his crossing is up to much. However, mitigating circumstances are that a) It was his 1st game and probably trying to impress and b) we are a 4th division club attracting those "type" of players (Lukas & Clarke excepted) and probably isn't as good as we think he may be. I do hope i'm wrong though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:10:42 »

looked VERY right footed

Agree.

Extremely 1 footed for a pro. But could be effective as an impact sub.

Especially as Esejas is already showing signs of the laziness Wednesday fans complained about. At one point Kennedy needed options, and instead of making a run he pointed towards the goal, as if to say 'just hoof it into the box Im knackered'.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:14:13 »

I thought Esajas was shit yesterday.

As you say, a hint of laziness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: