Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: why is vaughan the odi captain?  (Read 5724 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 17:28:10 »

Our ODI game has comne on a long way under Vaughan. Previously we had lost 14 consecutive ODIs to Australia, but under Vaughan we have won 3, lost 3, tied 1. Pretty outstanding record if you ask me.

Thank good all those boring, meaningless one dayers are out of the way now
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 17:37:36 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Our ODI game has comne on a long way under Vaughan. Previously we had lost 14 consecutive ODIs to Australia, but under Vaughan we have won 3, lost 3, tied 1. Pretty outstanding record if you ask me.

Thank good all those boring, meaningless one dayers are out of the way now

Amen to that bro.....I lead my life by the rhythm of the seasons.....autumn/winter muddied oafs.....late spring/summer the thwack of leather on willow.....and at least two/three proper tests by the start of the football season.

Back to back tests are also crap in England.....I've not looked but guessing we've got some of these.
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 18:14:55 »

I agree. To replace Vaughan would be to undermine the test captain and therefore loose out on test results. I saw him score double hundreds at 4 an over on the box 18 months ago down under. He is an outstanding batsman, fantastic technique. We all know that.

The only ODI's that get remmembered is the world cup. Vaughan will do the business in the tests. FACT. And if he leads us to victory at the Oval to our first Ashes win for 18 years then who gives a fuck about a money spinning ODI held on a tuesday. I mean, the Natwest Challenge AND the Natwest Series? What the fuck was that?

Two players I worry about. Tres, who sometimes seems to just have the off day and play MILES from the ball. And Fred who looks a little bit out of sorts with the bat, dare I say it slightly lothargic and uncaring?

Enough of fucking about. The Ashes are here.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 18:33:25 »

As much as it hurts to say it I think this strange program has buggered our chances big style....we should have been playing tests when the Aussies were  rusty and had a chance of getting about them.....we've just given them an easy time to acclimatise and get some key players into a bit of form.

The decision to play the first test at Lord's....is also hard to believe, an England win here is as rare as Scumsville win at the CG....1 since 1896.

We should have been playing at Headingley or Edgbaston, where there is a bit of intimidation from the crowd....or even gone somewhere like Durham.

The powers that be at Lord's who run the English game always have been upper class tossers.
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 19:03:28 »

Agreed, absolute fools. England go anywhere in the world and get the most fantastic support, even Islamabad 2000 we had a hardcore 500 out there. The team LOVES IT! Yet we play at Lords and we get the crappiest support. If you start singing all that west side of the ground starts going shutup!

Il be going to Lords if it goes to a monday and if England are in with a shout of winning Il be there on the mound chanting my guts out.

No Leeds n all. http://67.18.37.16/525/186/emo/banghead.gif

You really have to wonder sometimes. What we wouldnt do to swap those 20/20 wickets for a few at the first test.
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 05:06:17 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Il be going to Lords if it goes to a monday and if England are in with a shout of winning Il be there on the mound chanting my guts out.

No chance of that as every day of every test is sold out!, ive tried to get tickets but im not going to pay the fortune ebay sellers are charging. :evil:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 11:47:30 »

all the 1st 4 days of the test matches are sold out, but not the final 5th days....
Spud

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 12:38:04 »

Quote from: "Johno"
all the 1st 4 days of the test matches are sold out, but not the final 5th days....

So how do you go about getting tickets for the final day of each test?. A bloke i know at work bought some for the 5th test at The Oval off of ebay.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 15:56:15 »

i dunno, try phoning the actual ground where the test is being played. Im going by what they said on sky yesterday during the england game.
Spud

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 16:04:00 »

Quote from: "Johno"
i dunno, try phoning the actual ground where the test is being played. Im going by what they said on sky yesterday during the england game.

K i'll phone Lords and put on a posh accent

"Hello chaps, any tickets going for the 5th day against those lovley Australian chaps?".
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 16:24:52 »

i think vaughan should be scrapped from the odi side altogether tbh. hes a poor batsmen
Spud

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 16:31:41 »

Quote from: "Rich"
i think vaughan should be scrapped from the odi side altogether tbh. hes a poor batsmen

Yep he's poor in ODI. :|
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 16:37:12 »

'a poor batsman'.  :roll:  

The Oval started selling tickets because everyone hopes it will be THE great day when the wait is over and we regain the urn. However, all 4 other 5th days will probably be first come first serve. In my experience Lords is the worst attendended for 5th days throughout the country. Its usually first come first served. They open up at 9 and you queue for tickets, which can be chaotic because they dont have the facilities to sell 10,000+ tickets in an hour through the booths. The Lords one wont sell out even if the result could go either way. Probably be 1000's of Aussies though, the normal tickets are too expensive for em and they are all doing easy hours bar work in the west end so have the chance to see their team.

The best 5th day crowd Iv ever seen was Headingley 1998 England Vs South Africa. England needed two wickets, they needed about 30 runs and the ground was FULL and buzzing at 10am. Lloyd said Goughies head was about to blow off that day, he was off the wall. Fittingly Bobby Dazzler trapped Allan Donald LBW (they were just a few runs short) and it went mental. I called in sick and watched on telly. Oh yes.  
Spud

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 17:33:04 »

Looks like i'll be heading down to Lords then, Town shirt on, sun cream in bag.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 21:15:31 »

wish i could! will do someday.

Vaughan is crap at the mo...i havent rated him for the one days for a while, but generally whoever is test captain is OD captain, just simple logic.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: