Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Designated pubs in Swindon for away fans  (Read 18840 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 10:44:46 »

Does anyone know is Oxford have been allocated The Merlin for the game on the 21st? I swear i've heard this somewhere.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:57:26 »

Does anyone know is Oxford have been allocated The Merlin for the game on the 21st? I swear i've heard this somewhere.

Did you hear it in the "Oxford allocated The Merlin" thread?
MichaelLandon

« Reply #122 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 15:51:32 »

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/131351-futurama-fry-not-sure-if-x

I detect sarcasm. Well played Cheesy
oakleigh2010

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 17:58:47 »

Can we please have a blanket boycott of any pub which agrees to host away fans exclusively for matches at the CG. Why not mix?

Thank you all for your input. We have got an Adver front page out of it today.

I intend to boycott pubs (in Swindon and elsewhere) which agree to be exclusively for away fans. I remember going in the Merlin once and only then realising it had been given to Leeds. Leeds fans had been told but not Town fans. Not on.
Eric Sabins Barn Door

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 18:13:56 »

Thank you all for your input. We have got an Adver front page out of it today.

I intend to boycott pubs (in Swindon and elsewhere) which agree to be exclusively for away fans. I remember going in the Merlin once and only then realising it had been given to Leeds. Leeds fans had been told but not Town fans. Not on.

It was the same with charlton in the playoffs, was a good thing they fucked up the pool tables for the landlprd to shell out for
oakleigh2010

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 11:47:21 »

The £30 I would spend in the Merlin tonight and the £50 I would spend in the Merlin on Sat night are going to other pubs unless the landlord changes his decision to open at 9am on Sunday as a 'designated away pub'.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 11:53:01 »

The £30 I would spend in the Merlin tonight and the £50 I would spend in the Merlin on Sat night are going to other pubs unless the landlord changes his decision to open at 9am on Sunday as a 'designated away pub'.

I assume the "designated away pub" was a police decision?

Opening at 9am was presumably a financial one though. Police must have been happy to have 'em all rounded up in one place. Though if I was an Oxford knuckle dragger looking to kick off I'm not sure the Merlin would be on my list for that very reason.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 11:55:27 »

Shame PaulD left the board, always had some good stuff to say....gets me thinking about BR as well...whatever happened to him?
oakleigh2010

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 12:00:23 »

Is Lidl open yet? Does it sell booze?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #129 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 12:16:19 »

I understand your resentment towards the idea, but I'm sure the landlord of the Merlin would rather open the pub and make several thousand pounds from the mass travelling army of the pox then worry about losing your £80 over the next 2 nights.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 16:00:24 »

For the record I called The Sir Daniels Arms earlier who informed me they would def be open this Sunday from 9am as well as the other 2 Wetherspoons in town centre. However, they also said they themselves will not know until 8am that morning if they are designated as a 'home' pub or an 'away' pub and that it is a police decision, not theirs.
woolster

« Reply #131 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 16:02:59 »

For the record I called The Sir Daniels Arms earlier who informed me they would def be open this Sunday from 9am as well as the other 2 Wetherspoons in town centre. However, they also said they themselves will not know until 8am that morning if they are designated as a 'home' pub or an 'away' pub and that it is a police decision, not theirs.
that makes sense, letting both sets of supporters turn up to see if its  a home or away pub No
« Last Edit: Friday, August 19, 2011, 16:04:35 by woolster » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #132 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 16:48:13 »

A good turnout at 9am and they'll be in no doubt.
LionelHutz

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 19:06:56 »

Down the Sire Dan for opening time.  Fuck the scum, I go in that pub before every home game.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: