Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leon Clarke  (Read 75438 times)
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 19:24:52 »

Arising out of all this maybe we will find out who else wants out.Presumably they will have a very public spat with Di Cannio, and will be shown the door in the same manner that Clarke has been.Who knows ? maybe Tims, and Manks had a behind the scenes bust up wit PDC?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 19:27:30 »

Quick someone say "get behind the lads"

Fact - it was all a bit untidy and embarassing but we didn't see the whole thing properly and we don't know the full facts.

We all agreed PDC was high risk, high profile, big on personality and short on relevant experience.  

Now we get the PDC makes managerial mistakes shock in August.  

Guess what Alex Ferguson didn't start the best in England, rookie Lou Macari got sacked due to out of control personality clashes with his assistant Harry Gregg and still only garnered 7 points from 8 games at the start of the following record-breaking season.

Mancini at City had players coming in and out last year and was generally reported as clueless if wealthy, now his team beats Spurs 5-1 away and he's a master who's known what he was doing all along.

The key is whether PDC learns or not.

I certainly hope he is given an opportunity to do so and that we can show a little patience.  Not everything is known in August.

Get behind the lads!
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 19:35:11 »

What almost irks me is how some consider any form of support (whatever level) for our management as happy-clapping gullibility. Most of us are concerned about our current situation but what use does constant online whinging/swiping do? Of course, that's why the internet was developed.

In the words of Rev. Connell

"boys get on great,still very optimistic about the season! Please keep up your tremendous support."

Testify.........

Probably a 'smokescreen'.

I'm of the same opinion but presumably that would make me a "deluded fucking idiot" according to Yeo.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 19:36:55 »

Leon Cort ain't too bad either.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 19:54:28 »

Arising out of all this maybe we will find out who else wants out.Presumably they will have a very public spat with Di Cannio, and will be shown the door in the same manner that Clarke has been.Who knows ? maybe Tims, and Manks had a behind the scenes bust up wit PDC?

I really wish you would fuck the fuck off
barry85

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 20:05:57 »

If Clarke had told the club 2 days before the Saints match that he wanted to leave Swindon, why the fcuk didnt Di Canio know?  Surely if this was true then whoever Clarke told would have gone straight to PDC with the news?

Clarke clearly has to go but as others have said, there's another side to this story. 
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 20:07:12 »

He didn't tell the club.

He whinged to his agent that he wanted out because he couldn't hack the running.

di Canio didn't know until after the Saints game.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 20:15:51 »

Clarke won't be the first or last person to realise after a week in a new job that he hates it and regrets the day he said yes. Some people stick with it to see if it improves and others get out as quick as they can.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 20:32:42 »

Clarke won't be the first or last person to realise after a week in a new job that he hates it and regrets the day he said yes. Some people stick with it to see if it improves and others get out as quick as they can.

Fair enough,funny way to give your notice in though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 20:35:43 »

Do you have anything to back any of this up, apart from an irrational dislike of PdC and a gleeful wish to shout I told you so..

Please go back to Thisis and leave us in peace
adje

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 20:43:07 »

Leon El Messi aint bad

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 20:44:45 »

Agree Leefer, giving in his notice or disrespecting Paolo was always going to have the same outcome.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Friday, September 2, 2011, 06:36:11 »

Di Canio, it's Di Canio.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Friday, September 2, 2011, 07:48:53 »

What almost irks me is how some consider any form of support (whatever level) for our management as happy-clapping gullibility. Most of us are concerned about our current situation but what use does constant online whinging/swiping do? Of course, that's why the internet was developed.

This.

No one in their heart of hearts is going to be happy with the season's start result wise. But as you say why seeing the positives in what have been periods of good performance and supporting the new management team as they find their feet is seen as 'happy clapping gullibility' by some is ridiculous.

Fuck me if you're willing to write off a manager/season before the end of August it can't be much fun being a fan.

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Friday, September 2, 2011, 07:59:30 »

Whether people like it or not Di canio is the boss and for the sake of stfc we better hope he gets us up the table. When there is a spat between a player and the manager there is only one winner. The board will back the manager as they appointed him,and a manager of a team not pulling up trees is hardly going to blame himself. I'm behind Di canio until at least 10 league games in,but he has it all to do imo.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: