Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Firefox Stopped Working  (Read 1789 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 18:39:04 »

Hello all...and sorry to ask for help yet again.

After updating Firefox today, it doesn't work.  Also Thunderbird has stopped working.

When clicking on Firefox, I get the following message:

'Could not initialise the application's security component. The most probable cause is problems with files in your browser's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard drive is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the browser and fix the problem. If you continue to use this browser session, you might see incorrect browser behaviour when accessing security features.'

I've searched for various things. Tried to create a new profile, mafe sure cert8db isn't read only, and even deleted it.  So far nothing works.

All help will be very gratefully received.

PS. Posting using Intenet Explorer...in case you ask. Wink

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 22:11:25 »

I had problems after the Firefox 6 upgrade.  Firefox would open but wouldn't surf particular sights.  I ran Ccleaner and all works fine again.  Probably worth a try.  Useful little app.  I prefer the light version which you don't need to install (you can find the download on the builds page of the official site).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 22:34:14 »

Slinky you star, Ccleaner cleared up an issue that was blocking me from installing slingplayer on my desktop! Thanks.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 23:05:30 »

Slinky you star, Ccleaner cleared up an issue that was blocking me from installing slingplayer on my desktop! Thanks.

No problem!  It really is a good little app.  Make sure you explore the startup section in the tools.  You can disable all of the useless shite that slows down startup and hogs memory.  Best thing is if you find something doesn't work after you can just enable it again.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:23:15 »

I had problems after the Firefox 6 upgrade.  Firefox would open but wouldn't surf particular sights.  I ran Ccleaner and all works fine again.  Probably worth a try.  Useful little app.  I prefer the light version which you don't need to install (you can find the download on the builds page of the official site).

I already use that, but thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, and now, when I boot up Catalyst Control Centre host has stopped working.  Ggggrrrrrrrrr.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: