Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Dagenham & Redbridge - Official Match day Thread  (Read 59148 times)
digby

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 13:19:27 »

In the knowledge we know we are missing the big target man, the thing that puzzles me is the style of football we're playing ! With two small but agile strikers, hoofball is going to acieve nothing, and put pressure on the midfield/defence by constantly having the ball not stick and come straight back.

Why the hell is PDC not imposing the passing game on the team, with clever balls played to the feet of the (small) strikers, to give them the opportunity to show us what they can do. Also, playing two outright wingers is a waste without the big target man - better to exclude one winger and bring in a playmaker (Ferry ?) to create the chances.

When we get the target man, our present style of play may well pay dividends, but untill then, surely, horses for courses - change the football to suit the players we have !!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 13:29:06 »

Is Leon Clarke going to be a target man for us then? I don't recall him doing that for anyone else, but then again i haven't followed his career particularly closely.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 13:33:38 »

In the knowledge we know we are missing the big target man, the thing that puzzles me is the style of football we're playing ! With two small but agile strikers, hoofball is going to acieve nothing, and put pressure on the midfield/defence by constantly having the ball not stick and come straight back.

Why the hell is PDC not imposing the passing game on the team, with clever balls played to the feet of the (small) strikers, to give them the opportunity to show us what they can do. Also, playing two outright wingers is a waste without the big target man - better to exclude one winger and bring in a playmaker (Ferry ?) to create the chances.

When we get the target man, our present style of play may well pay dividends, but untill then, surely, horses for courses - change the football to suit the players we have !!

To get success in Div 4, you need to keep it simple....players who know exactly what their job is. Macari knew this, Sturrock knows this.

As many big buggers as possible, and if not big, then at least Billy Paynter style physical....some pace is also a good thing. Midfielders need to be combative and able to press.....with a lot of emphasis on set plays.

So far it looks like this particular lira hasn't dropped with di Canio. 
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 13:49:34 »

it's working wonders for Sturrock.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 13:55:09 »

it's working wonders for Sturrock.

Southend have had a reasonable start the season 6 from 9 available and like us 2 away games.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 13:57:16 »

Interesting to read some of the views from last night.

Personally I don't think we were much better/worse than we were for an hour against Crewe.
That day we got a break with the penalty, and then a top drawer finish from Risser & the team started to play well.

Last night we didn't get that break, an were unfortunate that the ref gave them a soft penalty.

As for Ritchie, I don't believe he was shit last night, he was just not as good as he was last season (where he was a shining light in a shit team). His effort is/was fine, the end product wasn't.

I think it's harsh on Caddis calling for him to be dropped, I thought he generally did well playing out of position.

Also interesting to read the vomments that suggested that we looked better when playing the ball on the floor, when in fact a large part of our good stuff in the second half appeared to come when we knocked balls over or around their defenders & made them turn.

It's the aimless hoofing balls up for their defenders to head clear that we need to avoid.

I also agree that Connell must start, he looks much sharper that the other two and isn't afraid to shoot. He can also hold the ball up & uses his body to hold off the defenders.

I'm not sure who I would play alongside him, none of the others have really stood out so far.

I don't think that we are playing anywhere near our potential yet, but think too much chopping and changing of the team will be counter productive.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 13:58:03 »

Also there's some hope in that the two teams we (officially) have the best records against our are next two league games and we have some of the worst records against Cheltenham and Daggers.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 14:06:06 »

Dickinson seems to have found his feet at southend, scored and set up a goal on saturday.

i still think he was worth a punt at this level
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 14:07:20 »

but his goal was a pen wasn't it?  granted you still have to score it but i wouldn't go putting kennedy up front...
red socks

« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 14:26:19 »

you certainly are all high and mighty aren't you, and seemingly unable to form any sort of argument without resorting to profanity.

i think we could all infer from your 'it's called experience' line that youw were saying 'i told you so'

it's all to easy today for people to throw their toys out of the pram at the very first sign of disappointment and you clearly fall into this category.  will you be on here if we beat oxford on sunday or will be all be too hard for you to have to say something positive?

as for 'being a swindon fan is something you get stuck with' that's really pathetic, we're a lower league club, this happens to every team outside the top 3 in the premiership, why should we be any different?  if all you want to do is celebrate victory and succes then i'll say it again, you're not cut out to be a football fan, more often than not things go against teams.

i look forward to your response, sure it will be really well considered and all your arguments will be free of foul language...
I was drunk last night, now I'm sober, but you are evidently still a cunt.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 14:29:14 »

good argument and terrific conclusion
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 15:49:49 »

Been away working for a few days,had a miserable night listening to five live while sipping on a bannana milkshake,you know those delish Yazzoo ones.

We have scored more than we have let in over three matches,not played well but i remember the season we pissed this league under Macari it was a similar scenaio...i for one have still got a really good feeling about this season.
Di Canio will sort it...........roll on Sunday.
Coca Fola

« Reply #642 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 16:08:50 »

Just got back. Shit night, shit game. Dunno if it was a pen. No cutting edge up front. Connell and Kerrouche looked lively, they need to start next game. Di Canio under pressure already, we need to win on Sunday.

Quick summary for ya.  Thumb
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 16:09:23 »

Just got back. Shit night, shit game. Dunno if it was a pen. No cutting edge up front. Connell and Kerrouche looked lively, they need to start next game. Di Canio under pressure already, we need to win on Sunday.

Quick summary for ya.  Thumb

Did you cycle back, Fola?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Coca Fola

« Reply #644 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 16:10:11 »

Did you cycle back, Fola?
We've got a house in London. Stayed the night there.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: