Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst Town XI Of All Time?  (Read 18720 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:47:25 »

For goalkeepers Jake Findlay, Scott Endersby, or that Andrews guy from years ago - Tony Warner. Endersby was a traitorous piece of shit - Carlisle away was classic when he was playing for them.
Overall though it has to be Findlay - pure alcohol pumping around those veins.  
Coca Fola

« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:52:36 »

I've only been watching Swindon regularly since about 2003 so my list is as follows

GK Talia
RB Casal
CB Blackburn
CB Viveash
LB Nicolau
RM Shakes
CM Adams
CM Pook
LM O'Brien
ST Thorpe
ST Pericard
Coca Fola

« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:53:11 »

Genuinely did think about putting Phil Smith in...
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:57:32 »

For goalkeepers Jake Findlay, Scott Endersby, or that Andrews guy from years ago - Tony Warner. Endersby was a traitorous piece of shit - Carlisle away was classic when he was playing for them.
Overall though it has to be Findlay - pure alcohol pumping around those veins.  

Hmmmm, I bet not many former 'Player of the Year' award winners will qualify for this thread!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:04:00 »

hmm, can we actually get a 'player of the year' XI from the last 15 years that would look like a team?
Doore

« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:07:10 »

McKinney
Elkins
Whitbread
Viveash
Drysdale
McHugh
McAreavey
Collins
Shakes
Close
McPhee
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:07:26 »

If we are going to exclude those who played less than a handful of games such as Sheffield and Findlay (neither of whom I saw play for us) that must surely leave Endersby as the number 1?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:09:04 »

...and sheffield was unlucky - we were rubbish at villa that day, he had no chance
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:20:02 »

I've only been watching Swindon regularly since about 2003 so my list is as follows

GK Talia
RB Casal
CB Blackburn
CB Viveash
LB Nicolau
RM Shakes
CM Adams
CM Pook
LM O'Brien
ST Thorpe
ST Pericard

There's a few harsh ones in there...  I always thought Nicholau looked like he had potential.  Wonder where he is now....

O'Brien wasn't that bad surely?!  Certainly not a qualifier for worst team ever!

For me, only including players that have played a few games:
Mildenhall
Casal
Viveash
Heywood
Drysdale
Shakes
Pook
Hewlett
Ben Hutchinson
Thorpe
Cureton

Avoided loanees but Hutchinson was truly fucking dire.

Mildenhall might be a bit harsh but I never forgave him for breaking his own arm against the post....

Thorpe and Cureton on their own may not be too shocking, but together they were depressingly bad, especially given the reputations they arrived with.

Heywood, Pook and Hewlett made me want to kill myself.  They were that bad.  Worse, in fact.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:22:45 »

Hammond
Dryden
Tuomela
Drysdale
Cobian
Holcroft
Bakalli
Prutton
Paul Hunt
Close
Hamon

Last 15 years or so.

Some proper gash there
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:23:12 »

Wasn't Sheffield (and Paul Heald) on loan in the premiership season and only played a couple of games between them? Heald did his shoulder against Sheff Wed if I remember correctly.

In my time watching the Town (since the early 90's) I think either Talia or Griemink would be the worst, Hammond was prone to some serious howlers but could be blinding on his day.

Outfield players that would make my XI seem to be mostly central midfielders, we have had some truly awful ones, Hewlett, Howe, McHugh & Pook instantly come to mind. I would also put Prutton in there, hated him after 5 minutes of the first game last season.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:23:54 »

Never understood the Duke antagonism-whole hearted player who always gave his best.Ruddock on the other hand was the total opposite who should be an automatic choice for any worst X1.Total fucking waster!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:24:52 »

I'm amazed nobody has put together an XI including Prutton, Rose, Cuthbert, Sheehan, Pericard and Dossevi yet.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:25:50 »

There's a few harsh ones in there...  I always thought Nicholau looked like he had potential.  Wonder where he is now....

O'Brien wasn't that bad surely?!  Certainly not a qualifier for worst team ever!

For me, only including players that have played a few games:
Mildenhall
Casal
Viveash
Heywood
Drysdale
Shakes
Pook
Hewlett
Ben Hutchinson
Thorpe
Cureton

Avoided loanees but Hutchinson was truly fucking dire.

Mildenhall might be a bit harsh but I never forgave him for breaking his own arm against the post....

Thorpe and Cureton on their own may not be too shocking, but together they were depressingly bad, especially given the reputations they arrived with.

Heywood, Pook and Hewlett made me want to kill myself.  They were that bad.  Worse, in fact.

Heywood was quality! Won player of the season before fucking off to City. Mildenhall was pretty good aswell, heroic performance at Pompey when he took one to the nuts, we were top of the Championship after that game (sigh).
Coca Fola

« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:26:20 »

I genuinely think that most people on here are better than Alan O'Brien. He can run, that's it. Can't control a ball, no strength, can't shoot, can't head, no positional sense, not a talker. He is quite possibly the worst player I've seen for us.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: