Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Listening to STFC World on me mobile  (Read 9101 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 18:22:02 »

Try downloading the 'Skyfire' browser in the market, may work
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 18:41:16 »

You mean outside of Wiltshire, right?!

Yeah, in Luxembourg. Is it on BBC Radio Wilts? I might be able to get that on the internet.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 18:42:31 »

Yeah, in Luxembourg. Is it on BBC Radio Wilts? I might be able to get that on the internet.

Nope, its all through STFC World Player (paid service via OS). BBC Wilts don't have internet rights*.

On odd occasion they've ballsed up and left it on.

Best bet is to borrow someone's "player" account.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 18:44:54 by Batch » Logged
Muffin Man

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:26:19 »

BUMP

I am going to get an upgrade to a Samsung/HTC/iPhone not decided yet so I have a couple of questions if any of you "boffins" know.

1st. Which is the best OS? Windows Phone OS 7 or Android 2.3 or iPhone.

I dont care about fancy apps I just care more about surfing the web and camera and ease of use for my ageing brain.

2nd. Can any of these cope with STFC World? not the BBC radio app via flash but the actual STFC World, does anyone have a phone that can use this or am I barking up the wrong tree and none of these can use it?

I have literally no idea but know I need a new phone on free upgrade and have a world of choice but I would like to know what the differences are really in the OS's and whether or not I can use STFC World which would be a huge bonus for me.

Thanks in adavnce.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:27:57 »

I can Recommend the Nokia N8, the camera on the phone is excellent quality 12Mp and the video is HD you can watch movies on it (though the screen is a tad small) has a HDMI port on the phone so you can hook it up to the TV.  I had been sent a HTC wildfire as an upgrade to replace my previous Nokia 5800, but just couldn't get on with it so sent it back and got the Nokia N8 in it's place.  It has an FM radio which sounds good. You can get a DAB app which i downloaded but then find you have to spend £40 on a special DAB headset.
There are plenty of apps for it, Angry birds is a favourite of the grandchildren, its great for the web and sure you could stream the  Town player though as i don't have an account have not tried. Hope this helps
Muffin Man

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:34:40 »

Thanks DBRS food for thought indeed, just testing the water at the mo to see whats out there but the upgrade is due next Thursday so would like to have mad emy mind up by then, all I know is that on a personal level I do not want a Blackberry, I don't like them at all.

The STFC World would be the selling point for me if it were available as I work many weekends and am well outside of the BBC Swindon DAB/FM area.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 16:23:06 »

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2 (best phone I've ever had by a mile), and can listen to commentary on STFC World using the Opera browser, though not the standard Android one.

Hope that helps...
Muffin Man

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 17:46:33 »

Thanks STFC.co.uk.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 19:50:31 »

So what I gather from this is that there is NO way to stream the live radio from STFC Player on the iPhone?
Is this correct?

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Muffin Man

« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 2, 2011, 14:25:33 »

Well on STFC.co.uk's recommendation.....along with many other good reviews I have read, I have gone in and ordered my Samsung Galaxy S2.

Thanks for the help.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 2, 2011, 14:35:10 »

Glad you got it sorted MM at least now you can pull your hair like the rest of us on a Saturday afternoon   Beers
Muffin Man

« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 2, 2011, 14:58:23 »

Yeah got that sorted, thanks for the help, been listening to STFC World since it started  6 or 7 years ago just now I can pop out and carry on listening to it when the missus wants to go shopping on a Saturday afternoon at tesco!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 2, 2011, 18:16:29 »

Samsung Galaxy S2

Quite fancy one of those myself
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 2, 2011, 18:52:39 »

Dirt cheap on TalkMobile at the moment. £30 per month and £99 for the phone. 12 month contract.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 2, 2011, 18:55:24 »

Dirt cheap on TalkMobile at the moment. £30 per month and £99 for the phone. 12 month contract.

Still got a year to go on my Desire Sam
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: