Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City  (Read 19841 times)
Melksham Red

« Reply #60 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 11:39:22 »

The Henderson win was one of the best away days. Great noise from us. I won't get thanked for saying this but I was told that mob was late because they were holed up in Chippenham station shitting it and deciding whether to travel to Bristol and finally caught a later train!
« Last Edit: Monday, August 8, 2011, 11:46:37 by Melksham Red » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #61 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:15:51 »

Anyone remember when the City fans diverted their coaches into Town (on the way back from Northampton?) and started a massive ruck in Old town ? Probably mid to late 90's
If it wasn't for the Old Bill they would have been annihilated. Not Town fans just pissed up weekend mob in old Town.
dogofwar

C.O.Y.R

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:21:56 »

Just been reading a city forum called `not606' city fans are not looking forward to this and the majority predict a swindon win. Clap Clap
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:27:09 »

Just been reading a city forum called `not606' city fans are not looking forward to this and the majority predict a swindon win. Clap Clap
Quite an unpredictable one after the weekend's results. Our lads should be well up for this one as a chance to prove themselves against Championship opposition, whilst City could go one of two ways after the weekend. Let's hope they don't bounce back too strongly!
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:28:08 »

The Henderson win was one of the best away days. Great noise from us. I won't get thanked for saying this but I was told that mob was late because they were holed up in Chippenham station shitting it and deciding whether to travel to Bristol and finally caught a later train!

Not as far as I know, I think we were in the GW or whatever it's called opposite Swindon train station until about 12ish and then jumped on the train with loads of other Swindon. The OB kept us at Temple Meads for about half an hour and then made us walk for fucking miles to the ground. It was hot that day too.  We tried to jump in a cab but the OB wouldn't have any of it.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:35:35 »

I think the load that came in just missed the first Henderson goal, the second was a bundled header in front of us. Followed by a superman celebration from Darius & two badly bruised knees for me.

I come from a land down-under
BristolCityfan

« Reply #66 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:51:04 »

Just to let you know There is a bus that goes back to Temple meads after the game behind the ateyo stand. Should make it back by 22:15 easy as long as it dont goto ET! If we play like we did saturday there is no way will goto ET!
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:58:31 »

I don't think theres much of a chance City will even flirt with relegation, at the moment they're very much a Mid-Table obscurity side, if they lose Maynard though.....
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 13:31:03 »

Let's be honest, we were lucky to get back to a position where Crewe allowed us to start controlling the game.

A stronger team would have killed that game off early on, and we'd have been fighting an uphill battle. Are Bristol City strong enough to do that under such circumstances? I hope not.

For me the game is all about the opening 30 minutes. If we survive that while the team is still gelling and getting used to the pace at this level, we could do well, if we go 1-0 or 2-0 down early on, it will be interesting to see how the team spirit holds out (we all know what would have happened last year!!)

Despite my pessimism above, I'm still opting for a 2-1 win for the town! COYR!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 13:49:54 »

Let's be honest, we were lucky to get back to a position where Crewe allowed us to start controlling the game.

A stronger team would have killed that game off early on, and we'd have been fighting an uphill battle. Are Bristol City strong enough to do that under such circumstances? I hope not.

For me the game is all about the opening 30 minutes. If we survive that while the team is still gelling and getting used to the pace at this level, we could do well, if we go 1-0 or 2-0 down early on, it will be interesting to see how the team spirit holds out (we all know what would have happened last year!!)

Despite my pessimism above, I'm still opting for a 2-1 win for the town! COYR!!
Just because we started slowly against Crewe it doesn't mean we'll do the same tomorrow. It was only a friendly, yes, but in the Reading game it was the first half where we looked impressive.  As I said above, tomorrow night is a complete unknown. If we do win it'll be a bit of a "shock", if not necessarily a surprise. If we lose, hopefully we'll go down fighting against a better team.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 14:13:23 »

I'm not suggesting it's a dead cert we'll start slowly, but it's completely plausible that we are more likely to be caught on the back foot for a while at times against good sides for a couple of weeks, which is what PDC himself implied in the radio interview after the game.

You're right though, what we are definitely in a no lose situation against City tomorrow! Can't wait to get there... :-)
Proper_Bo

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 15:52:28 »

Going to this straight from work. Last train back to Bath is after 11 so should be fine.

3-0 win for us Saturday, 3-0 trouncing for Shitty...0-0 written all over it!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 15:59:01 »

Whats parking like at City. Don't really mind a 10 minute walk

Things get better but they never get good
Muffin Man

« Reply #73 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 16:03:31 »

We are playing them at the right time, their fans are a quite cautious over this game, some saying we may well beat them, I would love that! love it!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 16:08:30 »

Whats parking like at City. Don't really mind a 10 minute walk

Go past the ground and there's a supermarket a little down on the right. That's where I parked last time.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: