Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What player/s are you most excited about?  (Read 7495 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 18:40:56 »

Friendlies do nothing for me so cant comment on the new boys but the prospect of Ritchie in League 2 certainly is mouth-watering, he could tear a new hole out of most full backs in this league.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 20:05:19 »

Looking forward to learning who's who

Looking forward seeing if Esijas and Connell can fulfil their potential
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 08:52:13 »

Jonathan Smith for me. He looks liek a really dynamic force in the midfield. Intrigued to see him and Risser compete against a proper team.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:19:34 »

I've just witnessed the most disgraceful side in 50 years of watching STFC, I'm hardly likely to be swinging from the chandeliers after putting up with that....there are still players and decision makers around after that debacle.

Last year may well have been the poorest Town side for 50 years, but this is a new season and virtually a whole new team.

You need to move with the times
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:28:42 »

Jonathan Smith for me. He looks liek a really dynamic force in the midfield. Intrigued to see him and Risser compete against a proper team.

I haven't seen us play yet and am looking forward to Saturday and seeing Smith play.  It is about time we had a hard man in the team.  I am desperately looking for a good striker for us this season, not sure how good these new strikers are, but I hope they can pull it off.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:53:44 »

Fail to get excited about Kerrouche. Simply because of the whole Dossevi excitement last season....he was shite. Of course that doesn't mean Kerrouche will be but it's just being cautious.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:59:23 »

It's fair to say that some of our new Johnny Foreigners will not work out. It's an inevitability and the cynic in me thinks that Atiku and Kerrouche will be those. Of course, this is based on absolutely nothing and I welcome them to prove me wrong.

I'm interested to read about Risser's progress. Moving to English football football for the first time and leading the team will be tough but I'm sure he's up for it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 19:49:27 »

Last year may well have been the poorest Town side for 50 years, but this is a new season and virtually a whole new team.

You need to move with the times

Nevertheless 10 of the 18 involved v Reading were at the club last season....so for me these players have it all to prove, if they want respect it must be earned.

I've seen many Town players down the years who've achieved that....so I'd rather stick in the past, trust the evidence of my own eyes, and not ejaculate prematurely, about new players and staff who may or may not be any good, because they talk a good game or look OK on You Tube.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 20:09:29 »

Nevertheless 10 of the 18 involved v Reading were at the club last season....so for me these players have it all to prove, if they want respect it must be earned.

I've seen many Town players down the years who've achieved that....so I'd rather stick in the past, trust the evidence of my own eyes, and not ejaculate prematurely, about new players and staff who may or may not be any good, because they talk a good game or look OK on You Tube.

Ha ha, I am not here to persuade you.  I just thought I would point out that you cannot live in the past and hold your frustrations against the new team.  Cheesy
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 21:22:15 »

I'm excited about seeing all the new players. I've not watched one preseason game so everyone starts with a clean slate on Saturday, my hopes are high and I'm desperately trying to keep reality safely locked away in its box.

I just hope I'm not sat in the pub a couple of months from now discussing the fact that none of PDC's signings are up to scratch and not suited for Division 4.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:12:32 »

Love the look of J. Smith. The guy would tackle his own nan if she had a ball at her feet.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:34:50 »

I'm looking forward to a united team battling to win more so than individual players.

Also, in those 10/18 you've counted Reg - 3 of them will be Bodin, Kennedy and Thompson who barely played. Another 2 will be Ritchie and Caddis our two better players from last season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:57:02 »

I'm looking forward to a united team battling to win more so than individual players.

Also, in those 10/18 you've counted Reg - 3 of them will be Bodin, Kennedy and Thompson who barely played. Another 2 will be Ritchie and Caddis our two better players from last season.
Plus Ferry, who barely played. Plus Flint, who barely played and has looked promising this pre-season. Plus Timlin, who can cut it in League 2.

I think the ones I'd have wanted to leave all did.
Stfc ryan

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 23:53:40 »

Got to be Flint or smith for me. Didn't get to see much of Flint last year with his loan move but he really impressed me against reading. Likewise with smith was a breath of fresh air for a town centre mid to put himself about. He looks like one of those players people are worried to play against. Can see a lot of stray passes from opposition players when they see him charging towards them! only trouble with him would be his disciplinary record. Could be costly missing him through suspensions.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 01:23:36 »

A better version of mark marshall was my thoughts exactly against ciren, problem was it was against ciren so we may be left with simply mark marshall
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: