Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HTC Mobile Phone  (Read 8698 times)
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 09:16:22 »

A few months back I upgraded my phone to one of these new HTC smartphones, but have since been having all sorts of problems with it, and just wondered if other members on here have had the same or similar problems with their HTC mobile, or network etc.

I'm with Orange, and basically I'm finding that on a daily basis I'm receiving text messages a couple hours late or sometimes not at all. I'm also finding that sometimes when people try phoning me, it goes straight to my answer phone. Old texts that I have sent in the past are being randomly sent out, as well as new texts that I send are occasionally being merged together with a random old text...!?

These problems aren't happening all the time, but at least once a day I'm finding texts aren't being received for a couple hours, for instance, which is fucking me off.

I've never had a problem previously with Orange on my other phones. Texts have always been sent and received as they should.

I was just wondering if anyone else had had similar problems before, and how you went about it? I've phoned Orange and told them on a few occasions, but they're useless...

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 09:18:18 »

Oh and for the record, I have an HTC Wildfire - Good for beginners to the world of smartphones, but god awful otherwise....Sluggish as hell with texting and general use of apps

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 09:23:12 »

Factory reset it, sounds like a software and not a hardware issue.

I had my phone repaired by HTC under warranty. It was collected the day I phoned and delivered back to me 3 days later and not had a problem since.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 10:07:14 »

Before you factory reset, you have just tried turning it off and on again right?

I'm not joking, on occasion my Android 2.1 phone has done something similar this and a reboot has done the trick.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 10:09:48 »

What Batch said. I find my Desire needs the occasional reboot to keep things running smoothly.

You could also try using a 3rd party SMS app instead of the default HTC one.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 10:10:55 »

Yeah i generally turn it off and back on again ona daily basis.
I presume if I factory reset, I will lose all of my messages etc, yes? (Dumbass question most likely, but I had to ask to be sure!). Is there any way of uploading my messages onto something (Gmail?) and then re-uploading them onto my phone if I reset it?

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 10:12:51 »

ask Bennett how much he likes his HTC on Orange... same issues as you i think.

my Desire on O2 was shit-hot when working (c. 3 months) and dire then after. If it stayed on without entering a reboot cycle for more than 3 minutes of use it was a bonus.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 10:23:05 »

If it's a signal problem, be sure to sign up for Free Roaming, which allows you to use the T-Mobile network free of charge when Orange is of poor signal or not available.

There is a link of this page:

http://www.store-orange.co.uk/comprehensive-coverage-with-orange-and-t-mobile.html#

For the record I have a Wildfire on Orange and haven't had any of these problems.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 10:28:24 »

Right, whilst we're talking phones, Ive had an 1 phone 4 for about a month ans susrprise surprise Ive dropped it and the screen is broken.  Any advice beyond dont drop it?  Cheap places to get it repaired, that sort of thing.

Never knowingly overstated.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 10:32:42 »

I've signed up to the ol' T-Mobile partnership thing, so all's good there. My signal is generally pretty good, and has been on all my other mobiles that were with Orange, so it has to be the handset/software. I'll try the factory reset thing to see what happens.

Cheers for the help so far guys. Much appreciated.

PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 11:00:15 »

I've just discovered a great app called SMS Backup+ (It's probably really popular...). It backs every text message up on to your GMail account. Pretty handy to be fair! Creates a lot of space.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 13:20:59 »

Right, whilst we're talking phones, Ive had an 1 phone 4 for about a month ans susrprise surprise Ive dropped it and the screen is broken.  Any advice beyond dont drop it?  Cheap places to get it repaired, that sort of thing.

Think you can get repair kits on eBay. Or an insurance claim.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 16:34:16 »

Also if you're resetting then make sure your contacts are synced in google
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 16:49:10 »

Think you can get repair kits on eBay. Or an insurance claim.

Thanks Jonny.  Looking into it.

Never knowingly overstated.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 18:36:52 »

My son did same with his HTC - didn't trust myself or him to do a proper job with a DIY kit so sent it away to FoneFunShop and was repaired for about £40 - good quality and rapid service.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: