Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Amy Winehouse dies.  (Read 8062 times)
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 13:30:07 »

Is Gazza on his way to Camden with some chicken and a couple of fishing rods to cheer Amy up?
Melksham Red

« Reply #76 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 13:55:59 »

Very well said Leefer. Addiction is an illness,  people saying it was her fault are clueless, naive muppets.

Self inflicted illness.
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, July 25, 2011, 12:08:54 »

I know the comparison you are trying to make Phil,but

Addiction caused her death
No sound of mind human causes there own death,when addiction takes over a person only the strongest will pull through especially when it is drugs.
George Best loved life,he caused his own death?...i would argue addiction caused his death.
Untill you have been addicted it is very easy to say that the person who died CHOSE to die.
Sadly in my view it just shows the bad side of the Western culture in that she was exposed to drugs at a very early age and the people who supplied and made the money are out there today peddling there misery to many.
Untill we crack(no pun intended) down on people selling hard drugs in this country(minimum of ten years for persons selling heroin,etc) i am afraid there will be plenty more sad cases like Amy Winehouse.

This is a brilliant post and I totally agree with what you say. Addiction has been classed as an illness for decades and not many great doctors and scientists have ever disagreed since the original neuro-research in to this.

I've been having arguments all weekend with people who don't understand that her addiction wasn't her choice and it is an illness. Ok the first time she took the drug was her choice, but who knows the situation that she was in when that happened. When you're famous people the around you will do and get you what you want to keep your friendship - bit like George Best's mates still serving him drink in his darkest days.

People have gone out of their way to write on their facebook status that she deserved to die because 'she let her fans down and her family' and 'she could of stopped if she really wanted'. Makes me sick that someone could say that about a 27 year old girl who lost control. It's kind of like saying someone who smokes and can't quit deserves to die of lung cancer because they knew the risks of smoking when they started or someone who drinks deserves to die of kidney failure. Just because drugs are illegal people are quick to write them off as a dirty smack head that deserved to die. It's not even like she was out robbing OAPs to fund her addiction.

Then someone else put on their fb status 'why are people talking about the death of a drug addict rather than that the killings in Norway or the death of a British solider'....which just doesn't have any relevants on the fact that someone is upset that somebody they liked as a singer, performer and fashion icon. Who are they to judge what people should be upset about and what they want to discuss on a social networking site or forum?
jb

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, July 25, 2011, 12:12:22 »

This is a brilliant post and I totally agree with what you say. Addiction has been classed as an illness for decades and not many great doctors and scientists have ever disagreed since the original neuro-research in to this.

I've been having arguments all weekend with people who don't understand that her addiction wasn't her choice and it is an illness. Ok the first time she took the drug was her choice, but who knows the situation that she was in when that happened. When you're famous people the around you will do and get you what you want to keep your friendship - bit like George Best's mates still serving him drink in his darkest days.

People have gone out of their way to write on their facebook status that she deserved to die because 'she let her fans down and her family' and 'she could of stopped if she really wanted'. Makes me sick that someone could say that about a 27 year old girl who lost control. It's kind of like saying someone who smokes and can't quit deserves to die of lung cancer because they knew the risks of smoking when they started or someone who drinks deserves to die of kidney failure. Just because drugs are illegal people are quick to write them off as a dirty smack head that deserved to die. It's not even like she was out robbing OAPs to fund her addiction.

Then someone else put on their fb status 'why are people talking about the death of a drug addict rather than that the killings in Norway or the death of a British solider'....which just doesn't have any relevants on the fact that someone is upset that somebody they liked as a singer, performer and fashion icon. Who are they to judge what people should be upset about and what they want to discuss on a social networking site or forum?

Superbly written. Sickens me to hear 'who gives a fuck she was a drug addict'. I think it's something you understand or you don't.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 25, 2011, 12:17:00 by jb » Logged
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, July 25, 2011, 12:18:19 »

Just to clarify, I'm not saying she deserved to die, and I do know all about addiction as I have just had a part to play with my brother in his battle against heroin.
The point I make tho'  is that whilst it IS sad that she is dead, I am far more sympathetic to wards the dead in Norway.

From the Dark Side
jb

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, July 25, 2011, 12:22:23 »

Just to clarify, I'm not saying she deserved to die, and I do know all about addiction as I have just had a part to play with my brother in his battle against heroin.
The point I make tho'  is that whilst it IS sad that she is dead, I am far more sympathetic to wards the dead in Norway.

Sorry to hear that Phil. My comment was aimed at the Facebook morons.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, July 25, 2011, 12:58:39 »

Great voice, tormented soul. Waste of precious life and undoubted talent.

On a human level I'm just gutted for her parents. Can't imagine what it must fee like to watch your own child - blessed with such riches - throw her life away. Devastating is the only word I can think of.

"Great save, Digby."
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2011, 15:09:50 »

We should always respect the dead, even if the person was ugly, had sailor tattoos, slurred their speech, lived with a life long addiction and relied upon a fix to get through the day …

RIP Popeye.
marvinTPA

« Reply #83 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 20:42:11 »

Haha Gazzza was just on Sky Sports News.

**Not talking about Jackson or Winehouse**

i remember george best saying if he had the choice of 5 years more of drinking of 5 years of not he would choose drinking everytime so he knew what he was doing
Doore

« Reply #84 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 21:37:31 »

On a human level I'm just gutted for her parents. Can't imagine what it must fee like to watch your own child - blessed with such riches - throw her life away. Devastating is the only word I can think of.

Very well put.  Whatever we think of people in the spotlight, in the end they are still someone's child.  For her parents it must be a living nightmare.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: