Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: help...  (Read 6595 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 16:10:01 »

touche
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 16:46:17 »

No offence...

...but I'm not a retard! first thing I tried...

Yet you didn't know the second thing to check was the ip settings?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 17:11:27 »

I think the answer here is don't ask for help if you don't actually want it, or if you get offered help and the person offering the help misunderstands what level of a fucktard you are, try to explain better in you original request for help the things that you have already tried, so that you don't have to respond the way you did.

The key word here, unless you've missed it is that you were asking for help, didn't explain that well what you had already done, JJ offered the help, and you chucked his offer of help back in his face by way of your response.  That's my take on it.

Here's a scenario.  You have broken down by the side of the road, somebody stops and offers help and says "have you ran out of petrol?" you respond by saying "no offense, but I'm not a retard, that's the first thing I checked", swiftly followed by passer by saying "fuck you then" and putting his foot down.  You are left stood by the side of the road, no further forward, and you have fucked off the one person that was trying to help you.

How to make friends and influence people!

Anyway, it's the done thing to delete your account these days don't ya know.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 17:20:08 »

christ, how melodramatic.

This is forum where we all call each other cunts for fuck sake.

Grow a pair.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 17:24:04 »

Of course, when you get melodramatic you just grow some hair.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 17:30:25 »

Not being melodramatic, just putting my take on what has gone on here.  I've already put my point of view across on people deleting accounts (why not just log out).  Maybe this was the straw that broke the camels back, either way it was you asking for help not him.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 17:39:51 »

Indeed, and I dont think my reply was that insulting was it? I told him I wasnt a retard and had already tried that as a first measure, like anyone does with any pc problem.

To go back to your analogy - it would be the like the passer by asking me if i'd tried starting my car whilst my car was stopped.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 18:37:38 »

I dunno VD, there are members of this forum who didn't know you could buy a 2 pin shaver socket adapter plug
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 18:45:21 »

Like I said, maybe he thought you were a bigger fucktard than you actually are going on your history of posts? 

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 19:40:42 »

After a bit of a fuck around, I think it was this. I lost connection to both laptops for a bit and now its working again on both!!

everyone in the whole entire world knows the first step to solving any computer related problem is to turn it off and on again...

Cheers for all the other (useful) suggestions.

Holy fucking shit
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 21:06:07 »

Of course, when you get melodramatic you just grow some hair.
Clap
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 21:08:32 »

I think my hair grows anyway regardless...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 21:09:14 »

I think my hair grows anyway regardless...

Prove it.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 21:09:41 »

I've spoken to JJ today and it wasn't just this one incident, think he's just got fucked off in general with the tef, and DV in particular (Who hasn't?)

In fairness he did it the right way: no histrionics, no paddy, he just fucked off without any fuss.

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 21:11:19 »

...and me in particular? I'd never even heard of this JJ character till today?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: