Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mehdi Kerrouche  (Read 57632 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 11:28:15 »

You and Dave may want to have a word with Chesterfield then who managed to piss this fucking league last year playing good football.Oh and funnily enough they did it without a striker over 6ft but i will let you 2 pundits carry on with your false beliefs

I never mentioned we had to play lump it hoofball did I? We didn't in 09-10, but we had a big strong presence up front who could hold the ball up when needed, and would hassle and bully defenders. Conversly last year we didn't, and the ball came straight back at us at all times. I'm not saying we have actually won games last year with a unit up front (they have to have some technical ability), but we'd have stood a much better chance.

Chesterfields top goalscorer last season was the 6'2" Craig Davies...

Things get better but they never get good
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 11:28:30 »

You and Dave may want to have a word with Chesterfield then who managed to piss this fucking league last year playing good football.Oh and funnily enough they did it without a striker over 6ft but i will let you 2 pundits carry on with your false beliefs

There is always an exception to any rule.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 11:31:43 »

I'm just passing through this debate so: last time we got put of this division we had Peacock and Roberts up top. Corr and Lukas came in at the very end of the season when Sturrock moved the other two back to play his style of football which was all about the target man as pivot.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 11:41:13 »

Someone clearly hasn't seen Craig Davies in the flesh.

Tall, big, strong and yet still has plenty of pace. He is a target man with all the right attributes.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 11:42:42 »

I don't see why a target man is essential if we manage to play the right football that creates chances for the players we have. Having a target man is always nice as an option to mix it up if necessary though

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 11:47:57 »

Chesterfields top goalscorer last season was the 6'2" Craig Davies...

I was going to say Davies isn't exactly a midget.....however much you try to play good football, in Div 4 most goals wil be scored from set plays and defenders errors.

Take a look at Chesterfield's demolition of Rotherham...goals from errors by Callum Kennedy and corners and a flick on to Lester from a target man.

The big centre forward, can also help out defensively at corners etc.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a giant, just someone strong, like Billy Paynter.  As yet we've got nothing like this.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 11:55:30 »

Can't we just have two centre forwards who can get 20+ goals each?

Boom, problem solved.

I know that Alan Connell has just had a great goalscoring season but my feeling is that he will do the holding up etc

The 'big man up front' has its pros and cons. However, I would say that suggesting that any fan is 'deluded' if they hope to witness a good brand of football in l2 is a bit melodramatic.

If there are exceptions to the rule (and I imagine Chesterfield isn't the only example in recent years) then why can't Swindon or any team for that matter also be in that 'exception'?

Ultimately, I would love to see us go up this coming season please. Ugly or pretty - 1st or Play-Offs,  just get it done!
« Last Edit: Monday, July 18, 2011, 11:57:02 by Costanza » Logged
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 12:33:54 »

We haven't seen any of these players play so far, yet everyone feels they have the expertise to say none of them will be capable of holding the ball up.....
wiggy

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 12:37:06 »

I hope to see good football, just don't expect it except in patches.

I will be perfectly happy with a season of battling performances as long as the end result is promotion.

A few seem to think that because we have PDC we will be playing sexy football, but all he talks about are fitness, commitment and concentration.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 13:17:43 »

but all he talks about are fitness, commitment and concentration.

That's good. It is exactly how Wise put us on the path to redemption last time we were in this hell!
wiggy

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 13:21:18 »

That's good. It is exactly how Wise put us on the path to redemption last time we were in this hell!

I agree its good - but it doesn't necessarily mean sexy football.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 13:32:12 »

I agree its good - but it doesn't necessarily mean sexy football.

I agree with you. Promotion is priority whatever the method.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 13:55:08 »

We haven't seen any of these players play so far, yet everyone feels they have the expertise to say none of them will be capable of holding the ball up.....

This is totally true, the youtube video of Kerrouche shows that he can seem to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

As for a big target man, one of the best players who could "hold the ball up" last season was Mike Grella who was only 5 foot 11 much the same as this Algerian.

Yes a lot f goals can come from free kicks and corners in this league but we have the capability to score from open play (as shown up in Italy last week) I have every faith in PdC in getting the formula right and fairly quickly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 15:30:04 »

I'd have Grella back at Swindon like a shot, unfortunately that big conked nosed bastard Hart probably put him off playing for Swindon ever again  Angry

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 15:33:59 »

Wtf are you lot on about. Why moan about target men when the squad is still being built?
Have a bit of patience
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: