Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England vs India Test Series  (Read 47164 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:45:49 »

Inside edge, but that'll teach the Indians to throw out the review system baby with the bathwater.
Exactly - it was their decision not to have the reviews, so they only have themselves to blame.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:47:35 »

Exactly - it was their decision not to have the reviews, so they only have themselves to blame.

Yep, I have my own doubts over the Hawkeye predictive element, but why on earth they can't review if they think they've hit it I don't know, a simple replay would solve that question.
DMR

« Reply #272 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:50:17 »

Yep, I have my own doubts over the Hawkeye predictive element, but why on earth they can't review if they think they've hit it I don't know, a simple replay would solve that question.

They can...
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:54:27 »

Raina gets a pair. He can't play short balls or off spin, the latter of which is a real surprise for an Indian.

Inside edge, but that'll teach the Indians to throw out the review system baby with the bathwater.

A 42 ball pair at that.

And DMR is right, they can't use Hawkeye to review lbw shouts but are allowed to send it upstairs if they believe they've edged it. Obviously in this case Raina just didn't realise he'd hit it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 14:42:04 »

All done, 4-0 Whitewash and England are number one in style.

Cracking Series for us, disappointed that it wasn't more competitive but hell, it seems a bit po-faced to complain.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:24:04 »

Fantastic and well deserved,we have stuffed them.

Great scenes at the moment.And the Test Mace is ace,never seen it before  Cheesy

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 17:07:05 »

And DMR is right, they can't use Hawkeye to review lbw shouts but are allowed to send it upstairs if they believe they've edged it. Obviously in this case Raina just didn't realise he'd hit it.

Actually they cannot review it if they have been given out lbw even if they've edged it, that is why a couple of times they've asked the umpire what they've been given out for, before reviewing it or not. Part 2 of Broad's hat-trick in the 2nd test, there was a massive inside edge but couldn't review it as he was given out lbw.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 17:23:53 »

I stand corrected. Does seem to be a bit unclear, I was just going off the information from this article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/india/8600565/India-accepts-modified-version-of-DRS-rule-for-England-series-without-Hawk-Eye.html
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 18:03:08 »

At the end of the day, the sooner they bring back the full DRS the better/

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 08:48:04 »

Now God (Tendulkar) has pronounced that he's more confident of the Hawkeye's accuracy, it'll be compulsory in all series by this time next year.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 18:29:23 »

first T20 today. england fought back quite well to get the injuns all out for 165. Looked as if they were on for 200 at one point

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: