Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England vs India Test Series  (Read 47161 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 18:27:05 »

It's seems like the BCCI are resorting to paying ex-Indian players to preach the BCCI gospel on TV:

http://blogs.reuters.com/india/2011/08/06/shastri-gavaskar-paid-to-preach-bcci-gospel/

This would explain Nasser Hussain's run-in with Shastri during the second Test :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2020941/Nasser-Hussain-Yes-Ravi-blame-India-Harbhajans-misfortune.html

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 18:39:02 »

India have been shocking. For a team that's supposed to be the best when they arrived they haven't even put up a fight. Is it the coach, players or just the fact England have been too good for them? I personally think it's a hangover from the WC. A bit like we had the hangover from the 05 Ashes win. I think with the IPL and the focus on the WC India have forgotten about test cricket a bit. Their big names had a rest and they had little prep for this tour. I don't think they really expected England to be as good as they have been and it's left them with egg on their faces.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 19:19:46 »

India have been shocking. For a team that's supposed to be the best when they arrived they haven't even put up a fight. Is it the coach, players or just the fact England have been too good for them? I personally think it's a hangover from the WC. A bit like we had the hangover from the 05 Ashes win. I think with the IPL and the focus on the WC India have forgotten about test cricket a bit. Their big names had a rest and they had little prep for this tour. I don't think they really expected England to be as good as they have been and it's left them with egg on their faces.

Think that's pretty much how it is....India will be more intent on winning the ODI's now. We're still a bit behind in this form.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 19:24:44 »

Gambir the opening batsmen has just signed a deal worth 2.4 million dollars for 6 months of IPL cricket.
A fine cricketer but not great the mind boggles at what the stars are getting for 6 months of big hitting.
That is one factor no doubt,not needing test cricket the other factor is that when you play in India you usually get dicked because they hammer bowling attacks on flat wickets and bat teams to death...we have used English conditions to the max,just like they do at home.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 13:05:04 »

It remains to be seen what Duncan Fletcher's role will be. I think he's been brought in to oversee the reconstruction of the team following the imminent multiple retirements. It'll take a good few years to shake through, even if they can square the conflict between IPL and Test cricket. At least he'll be able to address their dismal performance in the field.

We have the opportunity to stay on top of the long version of the game for a good few years, and should be looking to the World Test championship in 2013, and beating Australia's 6 years as #1 as our next targets. (after a 4-0 whitewash of course)
« Last Edit: Monday, August 15, 2011, 14:36:01 by nevillew » Logged

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 17:46:51 »

More of the same from England.  They are piling on the runs again against this poor Indian attack.  I assume the plan is to bat once in this game and win the series 4-0.  Currently 448 for 3.  Odd decision to bring out a nightwatchman when we are in such a strong position?Huh?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 17:48:16 »

More of the same from England.  They are piling on the runs again against this poor Indian attack.  I assume the plan is to bat once in this game and win the series 4-0.  Currently 448 for 3.  Odd decision to bring out a nightwatchman when we are in such a strong position?Huh?
You see a nightwatchman, Strauss sees a potential centurion!

(Or not)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 17:48:33 »

Bell and KP both with 'daddy' hundreds then. Good lads.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, August 20, 2011, 15:55:10 »

England declare on 591-6.

One over in.. India 8-1. Sehwag gone again cheaply.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, August 20, 2011, 16:09:14 »

Laxman edges and gone, Tendulkar in for his latest stab at the 100th hundred.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, August 20, 2011, 16:13:11 »

Great time to declare after the rain. It's all too easy though.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:26:17 »

Tendulkar out for 91. LBW. Just just clipping leg. Poor bloke

Things get better but they never get good
DMR

« Reply #267 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:31:33 »

Tendulkar out for 91. LBW. Just just clipping leg. Poor bloke

Fuck off he's been out about 900 times already!

Doesn't deserve a ton, he's been piss poor all series and his attitude when things don't go his way suck and it would have detracted from Dravid's efforts.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:32:31 »

Fuck off he's been out about 900 times already!

Doesn't deserve a ton, he's been piss poor all series and his attitude when things don't go his way suck and it would have detracted from Dravid's efforts.

Agreed, which has to be a first. Wouldn't have begrudged him his ton but the only Indian that deserves any credit from this series is Dravid.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:41:05 »

Raina gets a pair. He can't play short balls or off spin, the latter of which is a real surprise for an Indian.

Inside edge, but that'll teach the Indians to throw out the review system baby with the bathwater.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: