Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: alan connell  (Read 30150 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:32:31 »

Don Rogers or Ernie Hunt obviously, Can't see how the hell anyone can moan, we are L2 ffs.
Barry Scott

« Reply #76 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:37:09 »

He looks like a decent signing. I've not seen him play for us yet, so don't know whether he's shit or not. Wink

I've heard he spent a lot of time in midfield and, according to Wiki, at 'muff made many appearances from the bench - which may go some way to ease the concerns of those who are miserable cunts.

Just watched some of the goals he scored and im struggling to work out if hes left or right footed he scored the majority of his goals with his left foot but the free-kick he scored he took with his right.

Looks a good signing to me

Seems like a good signing and is clearly the owner of 2 good feet. He scores a nice lob in that Grimsby vid with his right as well. Anyone notice how many of his goals were created by The Peaconator?
Barry Scott

« Reply #77 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:38:53 »

Grimsby town fan here, just wanna say your getting a good striker and as a mariners fan we are gutted to see him go but wish him all the best. Good luck next season Smiley

What's he like, can you describe him for us? Hard worker, natural finisher, predator? Merci beaucoup.

And Good luck to you too.
lesgtfc

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:45:39 »

You've got yourselves  gem there lads. I'm gutted to see him go but he's got my best wishes and I hope he scores you a bagful of goals next season. The first Grimsby player to score 30 goals in a season since god knows when (his 30th goal was scored in an abandoned game so didn't officially count).

Not the quickest striker but definitely a very intellingent one. I think last season was the first time in his career that he's been played as an out-an-out striker for a whole campaign which is why his goalscoring total last season was far more impressive that his early career.

He very rarely scores tap ins either which is borne out by our Goal Of The Season Competition last season which could just as easily been called "The Alan Connell Show". You can check out the link I've posted.

Good luck to you as a team and Alan personally next season, I'll be keeping an eye out for your results.

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10417~2343642,00.html
mariners!

« Reply #79 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:48:48 »

Hes a striker who will give 110 per cent every game. Always shows for the ball and drops into midfield to collect it and not scared to run at defenders and shoot from long range. Some of you have seen the goals of season for us last season and all of them apart from 3 are off him. Also a good dead ball player scored a few free kicks for us last season. You are getting a good striker for league 2 and he should easily get 15-20 or more goals next season if he plays like he did last season
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #80 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:52:19 »

Ban these men with these positive tones.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:52:21 »

Cheers lesgtfc/mariners!.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:57:09 »

OK, so the season starts on the 6th August...so that's...let's see......22 days away...just over THREE WEEKS...and this is a panic buy Hmmm

Well done Reg, if you're on the  Fishing. then well done. It worked Roll Eyes

Kaid Mohammed. Now there was a panic buy Yes
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:59:04 »

I bet Townfish is happy. (the chap who used to travel from Grimsby everygame)

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #84 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 18:02:34 »

I'd have been happy with Marvin Morgan...
or Marvin Hagler
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 18:08:24 »

My son, born 2004, on the lob v Southport - "ooh a Matt Le Tissier".
Le Tissier retired in 2002.

Either he's been watching too much Sky Sports retro footy, or he's a closet Saint. Its the Sky Sports, its the Sky Sport. lalalalala. Can't hear you.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 18:13:07 »

I'd have been happy with Marvin Morgan...
Now I definitely know you're a pure wind up.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #87 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 18:14:24 »

I bet Townfish is happy. (the chap who used to travel from Grimsby everygame)

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 18:16:13 »

Reg - do you have a bit of a man crush on Marvin Morgan? Or just like his name as he sounds like a superhero's alter ego?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 18:52:59 »

Now I definitely know you're a pure wind up.

What sign a big powerful target man for Div 4, at a decent age who can get you a few goals....yeah fucking madness.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: