Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FAO Whits.....  (Read 3267 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 9, 2005, 17:26:27 »

....when Dazzza hands over TEF to your capable hands, will we notice anything different?

Meaning, will it be a different provider, so we get as it were a fresh forum.
Sussex

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 9, 2005, 18:09:33 »

I think Whits may be at MK to see Oasis Reg?!

I'd have thought the forum will probably carry on much as it is for the time being, like Dazzza said it pretty much runs itself anyway.

The expansion thing is another matter though. With Sonic's mate doing a bunk, we're screwed basically. You need someone who's properly experienced in that field to get ideas into reality. I've had a chat with Whits, and although I can design the site, I've not got the experience to create a website to the standard the TEF users are expecting. It's a bigger job than people realise and with zilchio cashio....

*Work in progress!*
STFCDude

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 9, 2005, 18:12:40 »

I can design and create the website no problem.  The problem is finding the material to fill it
Sussex

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 9, 2005, 18:16:26 »

Quote from: "STFCDude"
I can design and create the website no problem.  The problem is finding the material to fill it

I think Sonic's the content man.

If you're serious mate, PM Whits.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 9, 2005, 18:56:10 »

i believe if Dazza signs it all over everything you see now will move with it.
So all our posts etc will still be here.

well i hope anyway

STFCDude

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 9, 2005, 19:17:53 »

Yeah, but that'll just be the forum magic.  I'm assuming we want a fully functional website with various things on, not just a forum?  Is this correct?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 9, 2005, 22:03:36 »

All that will change is that the website will be hosted on another company's webspace, without knowing anything about the company Whits uses I don't know whether it will have any benefits, other than more bandwidth at a cheaper price.

Originally the plan was to get a basic design in place and work out what content would fit the website. Unfortunately my mate bailed on me and is busy with his own website and we've got no design, whilst the visual design isn't terribly important we need something that will be easy to update but also looks good, Whits has played around with some php scripts and all it needs is some fine tuning and time.

As for the content, I was supposed to knock some brief bits together to fit around the website for the launch and to expand on it as the season progressed. Unfortunately I've been very busy lately with starting (and losing) new jobs and my Nan is also quite ill, I've not really felt like sitting down and writing anything meaningful basically. I would still be willing to contribute content to the website but not until I've got a few personal issues sorted out.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 10, 2005, 10:06:30 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
....when Dazzza hands over TEF to your capable hands, will we notice anything different?

I would transfer the forum over to my webspace so all the users + posts would see nothing different. We may have to close the forum for a max of 2 hours while this is done but apart from that you should notice no changes.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 10, 2005, 10:08:14 »

Quote from: "STFCDude"

PM if your interested mate.  Cool

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 10, 2005, 10:27:32 »

Quote from: "Whits"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

I would transfer the forum over to my webspace so all the users + posts would see nothing different. We may have to close the forum for a max of 2 hours while this is done but apart from that you should notice no changes.

Right.... cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: