Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £25 Match Day Tickets Next Season  (Read 33040 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 18:03:25 »

Im doing Burton......did you notice that they only told you what games...once you collected the tokens....i did Hudders using thee last year...

Yes, but they always do that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 20:04:17 »

Why do people always think the board owe us something. Its our club as much as theirs if not more. We'll be here long after they've gone. They are the current owners and IMHO are doing a pretty good job on the whole (obviously last season was not part of the plan). They don't owe us anything, but i do think they try to be fair. Best board of my generation - not even a contest!

Admittedly £25 is steep for league 2 and i'm not in favour of this but if you had got yourself a season ticket before last sunday £299 works out at £13 a game. The early bird discount was only £30 less. I like being rewarded because i can go regularly. This may seem selfish but like Ardiles would expect to pay more if i picked and chose my matches.

I agree.

On top of that, I believe lots of people who are moaning about the £25 cost, wouldn't have gone to many matches anyway.

I think, well done the board.  They have finally looked after the season ticket holders and have encouraged as much people as possible to buy the season tickets, by extending the purchasing deadlines.  So the moaners have had a number of opportunities to buy one, IF they wanted to go.
Spencer_White

« Reply #257 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 20:18:43 »

It might be their club, but you cant do anything without the fans on board.

Besides, I cant see it working, its no masterstroke, for the sake of a £3 hike they have put off a lot of the fickle, floating fans.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 20:24:55 »

I agree.

On top of that, I believe lots of people who are moaning about the £25 cost, wouldn't have gone to many matches anyway.

I think, well done the board.  They have finally looked after the season ticket holders and have encouraged as much people as possible to buy the season tickets, by extending the purchasing deadlines.  So the moaners have had a number of opportunities to buy one, IF they wanted to go.

IF they all wanted to go to all the matches...many can't go to all the matches because of work commitments...and yes some people cannot afford a season ticket no matter how good value it is.
No matter how much you dress it up £25 is shocking for league 2....at least i can go in the Town End at a cheaper rate...the away fans having to pay £25 for a ticket is poor in my opinion.
Anyway it has all been said so its onwards and upwards.......but if we make a poor start that £25 is going to mean  a lot of empty seats.
Barry Scott

« Reply #259 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 20:35:41 »

It might be their club, but you cant do anything without the fans on board.

Besides, I cant see it working, its no masterstroke, for the sake of a £3 hike they have put off a lot of the fickle, floating fans.

Likely the same fans that some people seem to have moaned about constantly since Wembley for not being real fans. It seems rather strange that on one hand some people want fair weather fans to stay away for being quiet and on the other, want them paying reasonable ticket prices so they can attend.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: