Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £25 Match Day Tickets Next Season  (Read 33030 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:13:38 »

We bitch when they screw the die hards by raising season tickets and moan when they reward the die hards and screw the fair weather supporters.

Be rest assured that  there will be discounts and special offers but IF we get a decent cup run we will benefit from the people that are only there to glory hunt.

I did a thesis on football ticket pricing 12 years ago as part of my MBA so know the intricacies pretty well (I suggested the sponsored townend for a fiver scheme when it was an away stand and got laughed out of the room by the then finance director of the club only to find it implemented a season later...)

Your matchday gate price is locked in for any cup run (you can't put it up but you can bring it down) so if you get a decent run your standard gate price is the most you can charge...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:22:48 by @MacPhlea » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:46:28 »

I disagree. If the board were greedy, they would've increased the ST price. What appears to be forgotten is the fact that season tickets are very competitively priced, as they have been ever since the regime took charge.

I don't think they would have taken the risk when it was pretty obvious we were going to be relegated.  It could have put too many people off renewing.

I agree the price for season tickets are good, but many clubs have competitive early renewal prices now.  We met some Leicester fans on holidays who have season tickets.  They had paid £299 for next season's tickets (side stand) and their 15 year old daughter was £99.  Bloody good value for Championship football.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 23:13:59 »

Your matchday gate price is locked in for any cup run (you can't put it up but you can bring it down) so if you get a decent run your standard gate price is the most you can charge...

What makes you think that? There is nothing of the sort in the rules for the FA Cup, not sure about the League Cup.

There is a minimum ticket price in the rules, but prices can be set above and below that with the agreement of both teams.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 07:48:38 »

What makes you think that? There is nothing of the sort in the rules for the FA Cup, not sure about the League Cup.

There is a minimum ticket price in the rules, but prices can be set above and below that with the agreement of both teams.

Once the club publishes tickets prices for entry to games they should not exceed that value unless specifically excluded for cup games (which they have not done). There is no law that governs this per say but there would be a lot of pissed of people if the club cashed in on a cup run charging more than normal match day prices and offering no discounts or offers for the less desirable games on a Tuesday night.

They are effectively setting their stall out saying the most you will pay is £25 even if we get to the quarter finals of any cup competition against premier opposition.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 08:08:41 »

Why do people always think the board owe us something. Its our club as much as theirs if not more. We'll be here long after they've gone. They are the current owners and IMHO are doing a pretty good job on the whole (obviously last season was not part of the plan). They don't owe us anything, but i do think they try to be fair. Best board of my generation - not even a contest!

Admittedly £25 is steep for league 2 and i'm not in favour of this but if you had got yourself a season ticket before last sunday £299 works out at £13 a game. The early bird discount was only £30 less. I like being rewarded because i can go regularly. This may seem selfish but like Ardiles would expect to pay more if i picked and chose my matches.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 08:26:42 »

I cant go to every home match at the moment so will have to pay the money. I paid £ 22.00 last season and probably went to 10 home games, most of which were horrendous to watch. £ 25.00 is getting a bit pricey but it will seem a bargain if we do well and a lot if we play like last season. I have no reason to believe that the coming season will be anything like last so I am happy with the cost as it stands. Hopefully I will still feel the same way come Christmas, personn :nod:ally I believe I will....if you can`t start a season with high expectations then what`s the point....bring it on.

Bathtime
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 13:24:22 »

The early bird discount was only £30 less.

Pretty sure it was £60 less, not that it really matters any more.

I have mentioned this before but everyone else is repeating how you can see the whole season for £13 a game so I will say it again. The season tickets are great value, but we can't all afford to shell out £300 in one hit, and the 10-month installment plans weren't available once the prices were hiked, this is the main issue for a lot of people.

In hindsight I should have got a season ticket again and just missed games as I am not going to see anywhere near as many now. Although hopefully there will be some discounts coming in. I also emailed the club suggesting part season tickets where people can buy tickets at a reduced rate in blocks of say 5/10/15 games which could be a good system to keep everyone happy?!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 13:49:09 »

My beefs about this seasons ticketing in order of annoyance based on personal circumstances

- Very late notice of Early Bird period. A months notice isn't enough when the window lasts 1 month.
- Incorrect release of 2011-2012 matchday ticket pricing on season ticket form , late release of real pricing leading to ill informed comparison of early bird v matchday savings.
- £25 per match walk up too much for league 2 (IMHO). Or maybe the club red discount incentive is too little. Either way...

If they are known then they can be addressed next time.

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 13:59:12 »

If rises had to be made then they should have across the board. The same rises should have been for all types of tickets. If season ticket fans are so loyal then a few quid on their ticket wouldn't have mattered would it?
Catagorising fans in the way they have is what grates me. You can't hit one in the pocket and not another with out it being unfair.
Season ticket holders could have still got greatly reduced tickets, and they then could have maybe kept the matchday prices a bit lower than the £25 decided apon.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 14:21:37 »

A good promotion which I think pocket science is getting at, would be say a half season ticket. the luxury is you can pick and chose the games (or simply get to the ones you can get to due to work commitments, etc.)

Say 11 games for £170 would work out £15.45 a game, not good enough value to danger the actual full season ticket sales, but still a decent compromise.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 14:33:05 »

A good promotion which I think pocket science is getting at, would be say a half season ticket. the luxury is you can pick and chose the games (or simply get to the ones you can get to due to work commitments, etc.)

Say 11 games for £170 would work out £15.45 a game, not good enough value to danger the actual full season ticket sales, but still a decent compromise.

The club would argue that you would attend the 11 higher profile games and not the lesser games that a full season ticket holder would attend. They would agrue that most half-loyal fans would attend these 11 games anyway, paying the full matchday price.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 19:45:19 »

I've noticed that Swindon are involved with The Sun in offering cheap match tickets. If you collect 4 tokens, you can buy 2 tickets to either the Rotherham or Barnet home matches for £19.50.

You can also use these tokens to buy 2 tickets to our game at Burton for £19.50, or the Carling Cup game next week at City for only £9.50.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 06:57:02 »

To be honest what the club could do is offer fans a scaling discount on multi game purchases;  Now they have a card scheme they could do this so if you know you are going to be able to attend say 10 games you get a discount for single POS multi purchases and get a card that gives access to any (or specific) 10 games.  The down side is if the club then run special promotions leading up to specific games it may mean it would have been cheaper to wait so it's a tough call.

Edit: what stevecollins said basically...
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 06:59:02 by @MacPhlea » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 11:54:37 »

I don't think they would have taken the risk when it was pretty obvious we were going to be relegated.  It could have put too many people off renewing.

I agree the price for season tickets are good, but many clubs have competitive early renewal prices now.  We met some Leicester fans on holidays who have season tickets.  They had paid £299 for next season's tickets (side stand) and their 15 year old daughter was £99.  Bloody good value for Championship football.

Did you sing "You were running round wembley with fuck all!"?

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 11:56:20 »

I've noticed that Swindon are involved with The Sun in offering cheap match tickets. If you collect 4 tokens, you can buy 2 tickets to either the Rotherham or Barnet home matches for £19.50.

You can also use these tokens to buy 2 tickets to our game at Burton for £19.50, or the Carling Cup game next week at City for only £9.50.

Im doing Burton......did you notice that they only told you what games...once you collected the tokens....i did Hudders using thee last year...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: