Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £25 Match Day Tickets Next Season  (Read 33633 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:58:20 »

My old man and brother have got STs for the first time ever despite going to basically every home game for 20 years. The price has made them do it, and in that way the hike is successful. It's going to hit me in the pocket but most loyal fans will not be hit, which is the fairest way I guess.

I tend to agree with that as a whole. However there are some fans that are just as passionate about Swindon Town as ST holders are but can't go every week because they have to work or live futher away and haven't got the funds for the cost of transport or fuel to get down to Swindon every other week etc. They are the one's who lose out in all of this, not the casual one's who only go to derbies and big games.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:01:24 by mrverve » Logged
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:24:03 »

So he penalised other loyal fans who don't have a season ticket.
If rises had to be made then they should have been for everyone. Price freezes for some and significant rises for others aint right imo. It doesn't effect me but I think it is wrong.

The most loyal in my eyes (based on attending matches) are those who put their money where their mouth is and buy a ST. (For the record I haven't bought one this year so my opinion is not based on the fact I have a ST)

Its not like the club haven't given a installment option either to be fair to them.  They have actually made it as financially viable as possible as far as investing in a ST is concerned!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:36:28 by Luci » Logged
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:26:52 »

I call bull.

Just because I can't get a season ticket doesn't make me any less loyal than another fan, I just literally couldn't get down enough to justify it and £25 is a heck of a lot of money for 90mins entertainment (questionable at times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:37:25 »

Perhaps loyal was the wrong word to use.  Maybe 'committed to the cause' is better.

Anyway, I'd rather a strong ST fan base than fans that come and go only if we're doing well.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:42:00 »

It's not about who's a more loyal, or better fan. Those that go the most will get the best price. The ones who go the most are season ticket holders (And anyone who attends more than 11 games this season should be one). The fans who can't make that many games, for whatever reason, have to pay 3 or 4 quid extra for the few games they go to. As it'll only be a handful of games, what's the big deal?

It's All Good..............
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:53:32 »

Totally agree Herthab. If you go "regularly" you get the best price. As has been stated, "regularly" equates to under half the games for crying out loud. If you can't commit to 11 games in a season then you have to pay a premium.

Admittedly I do have a season ticket but were my circumstances/inclination change then why should i expect to pay a similar amount to someone who does go every week. I wouldn't.

There will always be reasons why people can't/don't make it but the reality is that all of a sudden people happen to be able to make it for the "big games" as the attendances will show.

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:53:45 »

Bit confused, but isn't the first column in this link wrong?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14365145.stm

Port Vale's matchday prices most expensive? Or have missed something?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:56:00 »

Think theirs is the most expensive cheapest seat, if that makes any sense.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:57:04 »

It's not about who's a more loyal, or better fan. Those that go the most will get the best price. The ones who go the most are season ticket holders (And anyone who attends more than 11 games this season should be one). The fans who can't make that many games, for whatever reason, have to pay 3 or 4 quid extra for the few games they go to. As it'll only be a handful of games, what's the big deal?

Thats what I was getting at - but made a complete hash of explaining it  Cheesy
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:58:11 »

Think theirs is the most expensive cheapest seat, if that makes any sense.

I see.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 13:01:42 »

So, can I get a matchday ticket in the TE for £19 or what?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 13:04:07 »

Pretty sure the answer is yes. Although watch out for those Pox ruffians on August 21st.
Panda Paws

« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 13:20:52 »

I tend to agree with that as a whole. However there are some fans that are just as passionate about Swindon Town as ST holders are but can't go every week because they have to work or live futher away and haven't got the funds for the cost of transport or fuel to get down to Swindon every other week etc. They are the one's who lose out in all of this, not the casual one's who only go to derbies and big games.

You've basically just described me, so I certainly weren't suggesting that there aren't people who this will effect badly upon, I just think that if they had to increase revenue from attendances this was the right way to do, as opposed to pissing off the ST holders who makes a large, one-off, commitment.

I guess the arguement comes down to 3000 paying £350 or something and 300 more paying £20 each week, or £5000 committing to 269 up front, and guaranteed and then a 1000 on the door.

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 13:25:25 »

whether you think its fair or not to only hit non season ticket holderrs in the pocket,£25 quid to watch div 4 football is excessive.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 13:27:00 »

...or just because their lifestyles don't allow them to build their weekends around football at the moment.  I've only been making a handful of games/season for the last few years, but I know that when my boys are older that will change.  (Those of us that live outside of the area can't just nip down to the County Ground for a couple of hours.)

But for what it's worth, I think the club have got it about right.  I'll be along a few times this season, and I'll have to pay a small premium over & above the rate that those who can make more games are paying.  And I've no problem with that at all.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: