Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £25 Match Day Tickets Next Season  (Read 33629 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 07:47:14 »

A comparison of league 2 prices.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14367362.stm

Amazingly the Pikeys have mode expensive main stand matchday tickets than us!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 07:51:24 »

I've done a complete U turn on my opinion regarding ticket prices.

After hearing Nick Watkins explain he didn't want to penalise the loyal ST holders with price hikes, I think thats a fair point and actually the right thing to do!

I cannot remember the last time I was so excited about the start of a new season and will probably find that I will attend enough games to have warranted buying a season ticket!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 08:22:06 »

After hearing Nick Watkins explain he didn't want to penalise the loyal ST holders with price hikes, I think thats a fair point and actually the right thing to do!

That's one way of looking at it, and I'm glad I haven't been hit in the pocket.

However there could be a negative effect too, that the casual fan is less to come to a game = less opportunity of growing our fan base. Also less away fans = worse atmosphere (though its hard to see how!) .

In fairness NW did point out the prices were constantly under review and not all games would be £25.

Still feel its cheeky rising prices after relegation, but I guess books must be balanced as much as possible.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 08:25:03 »

That's one way of looking at it, and I'm glad I haven't been hit in the pocket.

However there could be a negative effect too, that the casual fan is less to come to a game = less opportunity of growing our fan base. Also less away fans = worse atmosphere (though its hard to see how!) .

In fairness NW did point out the prices were constantly under review and not all games would be £25.

Still feel its cheeky rising prices after relegation, but I guess books must be balanced as much as possible.

Exactly and with the wage cap being 55%, its even worse. 

Do you compromise on the squad/calibre of player and have cheaper tickets or a slighty better calibre and charge more.  Its a tricky one and a lot of people are unlikely to understand too much the reasons behind it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 08:40:04 »

It will be down to £20/22 by the turn of the year i'm guessing
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 08:42:44 »

It's all well and good being a season ticket holder and being loyal but for fans who have to travel and can't get to every game it's totally ridiculous, I live in Bournemouth with my girlfriend due to work (and Bournemouth being a bloody nice place to live) and originally I was planning to make it to as many home games as possible, but now I'm having to pick and choose, factoring in train tickets (if the girlfriend won't drive), food, beer, programme (I know I don't have to, but it is nice to have one) and the ticket, the price just becomes ridiculous.

I think a £21 advance and £23 matchday would have been absolutely fine, sure £2/3 might not seem much difference but it bloody adds up!
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 08:55:39 »

I have been a season ticket holder for the past 5 years, and recently moved to London - so this is the first year without one, and I can see both sides of the argument.
Yes, its not ideal to have to pay £25 for League 2 football, but now going to home matches will be occasional rather regular so I don't mind so much. And as a season ticket holder, I would be extremely pleased that the prices haven't risen.

Also, there doesn't seem to have been a mention that you can still pay less than £20 to watch them in the Townend if you REALLY resent having to pay the extra £6.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 08:57:10 »

I think we are 4th or 5the most expensive day out in the bottom two leagues in the bbc method which does not take into account the 25 tickets, just the cheapest ones.

its tricky because if they would have tried to put season tickets up this season to balance out match day prices there would have been an even bigger outcry.

there is always the possibility the club are being liberal with the truth to get a higher wage cap allowance. once we have the squad we want we can put ticket prices down again claiming we got it wrong .  the football league can't do much about players already signed on can they, just block future transfers.   purely my own ill thought out conspiracy theory of course
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 09:11:37 »

there is always the possibility the club are being liberal with the truth to get a higher wage cap allowance. once we have the squad we want we can put ticket prices down again claiming we got it wrong .  the football league can't do much about players already signed on can they, just block future transfers.   purely my own ill thought out conspiracy theory of course

My thoughts as well, I made a similar point on another forum along those lines.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 09:13:46 »

I think we are 4th or 5the most expensive day out in the bottom two leagues in the bbc method which does not take into account the 25 tickets, just the cheapest ones.

its tricky because if they would have tried to put season tickets up this season to balance out match day prices there would have been an even bigger outcry.

Think that's not a bad shout. If they can give the league expected incomes off last season's average attendance (~8500) at the new matchday prices that would presumably translate to a fair bit more leeway in wages than what is actually more realistic.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 09:36:21 »

My thoughts as well, I made a similar point on another forum along those lines.

Oh OK, sorry.

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:15:37 »

So he penalised other loyal fans who don't have a season ticket.
If rises had to be made then they should have been for everyone. Price freezes for some and significant rises for others aint right imo. It doesn't effect me but I think it is wrong.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:27:18 »

Arriba, if the club were to have left the match day ones the same but increased the season ticket ones, how many current ST holders do you think would've renewed? I think what they've done is they have tried to entice the more casual fans in to buying a season ticket without alienating the 5,000 or so that go week in week out regardless.

In an ideal world the club could've left the prices the way they were. But I think with the loses the club have made this season, they had to try and get more money from somewhere. Unfortunately it's us fans that always get the brunt of it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:33:57 by mrverve » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:41:45 »

The simple fact is that if you sit in the DRS or Arkells you only need to watch 11 home games to make a season ticket financially viable.

We don't make every home game (we struggle to get down midweek), but still make significant savings with a season ticket.

If you are only planning to attend a handful of games a season, the extra £2 or £3 a ticket works out as less than £20 a year.

The other thing that you can almost guarantee is that during the season there will be offers that give you discounts if you buy tickets for multiple matches.

So effectively we will be penalising fans who only want to go to games like the Pox & Rovers games and away fans. Personally, I can live with that.

Now if we can reduce the cost of fuel it will make the cost of games much cheaper Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:51:21 »

My old man and brother have got STs for the first time ever despite going to basically every home game for 20 years. The price has made them do it, and in that way the hike is successful. It's going to hit me in the pocket but most loyal fans will not be hit, which is the fairest way I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: