Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OXFORD v POLICE  (Read 15013 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 19:22:45 »

Isn't your Cheltenham game only off because there was trouble in Gloucester (last night, or the night before), and so police resources in that area are thin? Nothing has really happened in Oxford, and Swindon has been quiet from what I gather. And don't forget of course that we are likely to see a swift and effective response from our government in terms of increased police resources and contingency plans for any similar future events.

By the 21st things will be back to normal I'm sure, they've got plenty of time to regroup and get enough police to Swindon for 10 days time.

I'd be very surprised if its called off.

Don't worry.  It will still be on next week.

I think the main reason is that the local PCs were dragged into London and Bristol over what happened, which means there aren't enough old bill to copy with anything, let alone a football match.

Here's hoping it is still on  Cheesy
Spencer_White

« Reply #76 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:29:55 »

Isn't your Cheltenham game only off because there was trouble in Gloucester (last night, or the night before), and so police resources in that area are thin? Nothing has really happened in Oxford, and Swindon has been quiet from what I gather. And don't forget of course that we are likely to see a swift and effective response from our government in terms of increased police resources and contingency plans for any similar future events.

By the 21st things will be back to normal I'm sure, they've got plenty of time to regroup and get enough police to Swindon for 10 days time.

I'd be very surprised if its called off.

Dont think so. This coalition government is very slow to react. Going to be slow getting back to normal as well. As for swift and effective? Been a complete shambles so far (this will finnish Cameron and Osbourne). They still dont get it. These people have always been scum with no humanity, the difference is now they have blackberry's and social networking. Cameron's saying things like 'we can cut policing away from the frontline'. If anything, he needs his backline teams analysing social media 10 times more than he ever did. The intelligence policing is the way to defeat them, have them in the courts for conspiracy rather than looting.

I think Gloucs police wrongly think that our game at Cheltenham is a major risk, thats why its off. Its pathetic. But the Pox game is a risk. Besides, theyve been looking to flex their muscles over football for a long long time.

As for being played on a weeknight, I agree they wont want it played on a weeknight. They might well insist on it being played on a tuesday afternoon, or insist another weekend fixture is moved. And no, Im not joking.
Spencer_White

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:49:56 »

The the nail in the coffin is that Pox have got a few hundred tickets in our end. Fair play to them, bit of balls. But this would kick it off even with saturation policing.

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:59:44 »

The the nail in the coffin is that Pox have got a few hundred tickets in our end. Fair play to them, bit of balls. But this would kick it off even with saturation policing.

few hundred? i doubt that
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 21:07:11 »

If they shut the fuck up then they'll be alright. The average Town fan won't give a fuck about them.
The game will be on. All the riot stuff will have died down by then. As for the Scummers - its all fucking mouth. There will be isolated scraps but generally the OB will have it sussed. Saying that I hope the Scummers turn the Merlin over big time. The bullshit the Scummers are ginving is the same sort of bollox that had Primark burnt down in Swindon on Tuesday - ie absolute shite with no substance.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 21:52:43 »

That's a giant whoosh re: the government's "swift and effective" response, Spencer.

And I think the Gloucs police have genuinely used up lots of their manpower managing Gloucester this week, and don't have enough bodies left to send to Cheltenham. I doubt they see the fixture as a major risk.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 21:57:32 »

If they shut the fuck up then they'll be alright. The average Town fan won't give a fuck about them.

I will be less than impressed if there are any near me.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 22:03:38 »

What do Luci and pox fans have in common?

They both visit the county ground as often as each other.
Spencer_White

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 22:09:43 »

Ive got new hope again now.  Cheesy

Bring it on!!

Sorry about the doom and gloom. And missing the whoosh.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 22:11:56 »

It will be difficult for police to postpone a game nest weekend if there has been a nearly full fixture schedule this weekend.

Now very confident this will go ahead.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, August 12, 2011, 08:54:02 »

Anyone know what the ticket situation is like for this game? I haven't got one yet. Was going to pop to the ticket office this afternoon.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, August 12, 2011, 09:02:12 »

Close to 10000 sold according to the website Sam.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, August 12, 2011, 09:05:20 »

Close to 10000 sold according to the website Sam.

Yeah its shit considering there is nearly 5kmseason tickets and they bought 3k
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, August 12, 2011, 09:10:05 »

I thought the 10k figure was home fans?

Things get better but they never get good
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, August 12, 2011, 09:14:02 »

No Bogus it's together with the away fans. 10,000 so far isn't too bad. Still over a week still to go. Can't pay on the day though!

Possibly the fact that it's on a Sunday might hinder a few people getting there.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 12, 2011, 09:15:33 by mrverve » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: